Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Defending My Right to an Opinion « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#135 : November 04, 2008, 06:26:33 PM

The notion that allowing KC to be competitive is embarrassing is a reach. In eight games, they have been competitive in four of them, half of their schedule. They lost by seven at New England. They beat Denver. And they lost by four to the Jets. The combined record of the three OTHER teams they were competitive with is 14-10. So losing to them is bad, but allowing them to be competitive is actually not that much of a reach.

In Verner We Trust

CrAsH_oVeRdRiVe

Rookie

#136 : November 04, 2008, 07:09:04 PM

Where were those huge plays in the first half? When you play a crappy team, and you are an alleged quality team, you go in and open a can on somebody.

(1-8) Bengals @ (7-1) Giants  23-26 OT
(2-6) Raiders @ (5-3) Bills 23 - 24
(4-4) Broncos @ (1-7)Chiefs  19 - 33
(2-6) Rams @(6-3) Redskins 19 - 17
(1-7)Chiefs @ (5-3) Jets 24 - 28
(0-8) Lions @ (5-3) Bears 23 - 27

I go on to mention how the 9ers were beating the Eagles going into the 4th quarter,  or the Lions came back from 21 only to be blasted at the end by the Packers. Good teams rally and win. The Giants who everyone respects did so against the horrible Bengals, why not us against the Chiefs at their house where they can play some good football?

Sometimes, bad teams play good football. Parity is what they called it. Prefer you all of people should know the saying "any given Sunday."

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#137 : November 04, 2008, 08:05:42 PM

When you play a crappy team, and you are an alleged quality team, you go in and open a can on somebody.

KC is not a crappy team. They've struggled but they've been competitive, as other posters have stated.
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Defending My Right to an Opinion « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools