Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Defending My Right to an Opinion « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

Orangegone1

Starter

#30 : November 03, 2008, 10:56:29 AM

Well I would just say that KC is not as bad as indicated. They actually have a pretty good young team. If this would have happend very early in the season I would have been more worried. KC went into the Jets and threw for 330 yds and should have won that game last week(the Jets went into Buffalo and beat them yesterday). The point is that it matters when you play teams and you just can't look at the record. To win that game yesterday with 4 turnovers was huge. I am most worried about the DL. They havn't been pushed around like that all year.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler

#31 : November 03, 2008, 10:58:17 AM

"Expected" might be too strong a word Snook but some of us never gave up "hope" that we could.

This is going to hurt but I agree with Snake, you can have concerns and criticize your team but you never, ever give up on them until it's over. That's what we expect from our team and thats we should expect of ourselves as fans.

That's fine but this thread is about Prefer's post from yesterday.  He didn't say anywhere that he gave up hope.  He just made some statements (that I re-posted) that are STILL accurate whether the Bucs won or lost yesterday.  

This team did NOT come out prepared yesterday and changes NEED to be made.  Don't you agree?

The give up hope was a general statement and not directed at anyone in paticular. I agree the team needs to execute better, cut down on the turnovers and I think some rest and getting some of the guys who are injured back will help a lot.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 03, 2008, 11:03:40 AM

Why do we need luck and the refs for a fourth qtr comeback?  Why does the other team have to be sooooo bad in comparisson, so that we look even worst.  What, did Herm forget how to attack the cover2 defense he learned from Monte?  

Why can't it be that we got ambushed out of the gate? Got some looks we were not familiar with, and they capitalized?  Why couldn't it be that as a team the Bucs got it together, made adjustments on the sidelines and in the locker room?  Why couldn't it be 53 guys that recognized they were in hostile territory, came together and never quit?  Why? because we've never done and therefore incapable, now we need divine intervention?  Why because most have smeared the coach on thse issues and now they go away and are none issues like winning in the cold?

My glass is half full, so sue me... ;)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 03, 2008, 11:04:30 AM

How about we call that previous thread a "total embarrassment" and leave it at that?

#34 : November 03, 2008, 11:10:10 AM

Bucs got lucky.   Without the 2 point conversion, we're a lousy team.  With the two point conversion, we're a great team again.   one play doesn't determine if we're good or not.  Its measured by the whole game.  And we stunk on ice in the Dallas game, and in the KC game.  lets face it, this team doesnt do we'll on the road. 

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 03, 2008, 11:12:05 AM

I know I had another thread, "Total Embarrassment"

Has anyone said you didn't have a right to an opinion or have they just attacked your opinion?

I mean, I don't think you need to defend this "right to an opinion," rather you need to defend the opinion.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 03, 2008, 11:12:45 AM

Snake

They damn well better try and do something about it. Teams like the Giants will be in the playoffs, not the KC Chiefs.

You mean the team that tied the Bengals on the final play of regulation and won the game in overtime? That team? The good news for that team is they had a bye right after that game and were so well prepared for the game after the bye......that they got the snot kicked out of them by the mighty Browns in the next game after the bye.

Some of the posters on this board seem to think that this is HS ball or college ball....and it's possible that the fact that both of those levels popularity in these regions play a role in some of the nonsensical a subject for debate that I read on here.....and that teams can simple beat up on lesser lights whenever they feel like it even on a bad day.

Well....in what appears to be news to those posters....the talent in the NFL is spread fairly evenly with even the more "dominant" teams having relatively marginal (compared to what we see currently in college ball and what we saw in the NFL prior to Free Agency) that even the slightest blip on the screen for a good team leaves them open to a lesser light taking them to the woodshed for a quarter or two. The expectation that any team is going to be at the top of it's game for 19 weeks is absurd.  

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 03, 2008, 11:14:45 AM

Bucs got lucky. Without the 2 point conversion, we're a lousy team. With the two point conversion, we're a great team again. one play doesn't determine if we're good or not. Its measured by the whole game. And we stunk on ice in the Dallas game, and in the KC game. lets face it, this team doesnt do we'll on the road.

That's right I forgot you like pretty losses vs ugly wins...I get it...what else negative you got or are we gonna get a ticket price rant from you here soon?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 03, 2008, 11:17:14 AM

That's fine but this thread is about Prefer's post from yesterday.  He didn't say anywhere that he gave up hope.  He just made some statements (that I re-posted) that are STILL accurate whether the Bucs won or lost yesterday.  

Did anyone offer the opinion that the OP of this thread had no right to his opinion? If someone did I didn't see it.

Criticizing the guys opinion doesn't mean that anyone is stating that he has no right to the opinion.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 03, 2008, 11:17:32 AM

Sammy,

I have my opinion and you have yours.

What did I say that was incorrect?

Just askin. :)

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 03, 2008, 11:18:34 AM

Bucs got lucky. Without the 2 point conversion, we're a lousy team. With the two point conversion, we're a great team again.  

If anyone has either of those opinions then they're pretty stupid.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 03, 2008, 11:20:18 AM

Why can't it be that we got ambushed out of the gate? Got some looks we were not familiar with, and they capitalized?  Why couldn't it be that as a team the Bucs got it together, made adjustments on the sidelines and in the locker room?  Why couldn't it be 53 guys that recognized they were in hostile territory, came together and never quit?  Why? because we've never done and therefore incapable, now we need divine intervention?  Why because most have smeared the coach on thse issues and now they go away and are none issues like winning in the cold?

Because every game is supposed to go perfectly scripted I suppose.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 03, 2008, 11:34:17 AM

Sammy,

I have my opinion and you have yours.

What did I say that was incorrect?

Just askin. :)

Stan, I see your first post in this thread and I understand that viewpoint -- and I'm sure no one was more embarrassed by the first-half performance than the defense itself...

Having said that, I hope you wouldn't create a thread titled, "Total Embarrassment" before the game ended...Can I stop there? Why can't people learn to let a game play out before they do things they'll regret? I'm sure that's happened to the OP before...why not learn from that and NOT make knee-jerk reactions to things...I digress...

Then, when this team DOES look like a playoff team in fighting back from down 24-3 on the road, the OP doesn't want to eat crow and see it was premature...no, he wants to dig in and say everything still stands, he's just as right as he was before and everybody needs to stop attacking him...

C'mon now...if you want the attention that comes with starting a "Total Embarrassment" thread, man up and take it from every which way it comes...

As for your specific views, I'm of the mindset that this is the NFL -- no game is supposed to be easy -- especially on the road...I think you're a glass half-full guy so focus on the second half accomplishments more than the first-half letdown...It was a big win too so there's another nice area to focus on...

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 03, 2008, 11:40:10 AM

Well I would just say that KC is not as bad as indicated. They actually have a pretty good young team. If this would have happend very early in the season I would have been more worried. KC went into the Jets and threw for 330 yds and should have won that game last week(the Jets went into Buffalo and beat them yesterday). The point is that it matters when you play teams and you just can't look at the record. To win that game yesterday with 4 turnovers was huge. I am most worried about the DL. They havn't been pushed around like that all year.
Kansas City Sucks !! They have 1 "W" all year. We went into that game completely un prepared. And by the way don't put it all on Gruden. Kiffen by no means had the defense ready to play. Oh yeah, I know they held them in check the second half. Big deal !!
When you get to the playoffs, you will not be mounting a come back against the Chiefs.
It is time to take advantage of the bye week, get focused and draw up some plays that open up downfield. Antonio Bryant is playing great, we have a healthy Galloway and a much improved Clayton. In addition to this we have weapons like Gilmore and Ike. It is time to throw out the quagmire dink and dunk and install an offense that creates big yardage and scores in the red zone.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 03, 2008, 11:47:00 AM

My Glass is, and always will be,

Half Full

Thats how I live my life
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Defending My Right to an Opinion « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools