Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Exxon does it again « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#45 : November 02, 2008, 02:58:02 AM

jiminy crickets - if you've ever run a biz you'd know there is no such thing as not missing ANY dollar amount.  you have entire departments that work within the tax code to figure out their minimal liability.

to suggest otherwise is uninformed, but it works well on the stump when you're talking to a bunch of union members...

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#46 : November 02, 2008, 08:59:28 PM

You decided to stick your nose in a topic that had already been settled for no apparent reason.

LOL.... No topic on here is EVER settled and this one is no exception.

Anybody who doesn't think they are happy as pigs rollling in crap to make $13 Billion and will barely bat an eye at missing out on a measly $1 billion is borderline stupid.

LOL...."a measly $1 billion." 

I bet those greedy, selfish pigs would be even happier with 14 billion.

Of course, they would .... that was never my contention.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#47 : November 03, 2008, 08:58:10 AM

jiminy crickets - if you've ever run a biz you'd know there is no such thing as not missing ANY dollar amount.  you have entire departments that work within the tax code to figure out their minimal liability.

to suggest otherwise is uninformed, but it works well on the stump when you're talking to a bunch of union members...

QFT.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#48 : November 03, 2008, 02:11:22 PM

jiminy crickets - if you've ever run a biz you'd know there is no such thing as not missing ANY dollar amount.

And nobody said they wouldn't "miss" it .... except Biggs when he was trying desperately to present BOTH sides of the argument so it would be easier for him to defend his side.

you have entire departments that work within the tax code to figure out their minimal liability.

Exactly .... and it won't matter who gets in, they will keep doing what they've been doing and rolling with the tax punches because that's what they do ...... and all I have been saying here is that if the changes Obama makes causes them to ONLY make $13 billion, instead of $14 billion, they won't like it but it won't cause any massive upheaval in the way they do things...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#49 : November 03, 2008, 02:24:10 PM

And nobody said they wouldn't "miss" it .... except Biggs when he was trying desperately to present BOTH sides of the argument so it would be easier for him to defend his side.

LMAO...

Unless by "desperately" you mean trying to convey that anybody with any experience running a business would not say "Of course they'd cry a little... for show ... but that would be about the extent of it. The they'd just be smiling all the way to the bank."

Hey, we made 14 billion, let's not worry about a "measly" billion.

Ludicrous.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#50 : November 03, 2008, 04:02:25 PM

LMAO...

Unless by "desperately" you mean trying to convey that anybody with any experience running a business would not say "Of course they'd cry a little... for show ... but that would be about the extent of it. The they'd just be smiling all the way to the bank."

Hey, we made 14 billion, let's not worry about a "measly" billion.

Ludicrous.

Ok... you win. They'll be in full panic mode and will contemplate shutting the business down over a pretax profit of only $13B ... I'm sure anybody with any experience running a business would agree with that assessment.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#51 : November 03, 2008, 04:10:29 PM

Good.  We're clear.  Exxon will be in full panic mode and will contemplate shutting the business down over a a pretax profit of only 13 billion.  That's exactly what was being said.

I'm glad my point that no business, no matter how big, thinks a billion dollars is "measly" in the grand scheme of things got across so easily.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Exxon does it again « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools