Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Finally...we have options - Radio in Tampa Bay « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 04, 2007, 12:23:13 PM

Duemig's show is GREAT. Thanks for listening ;)

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 04, 2007, 12:24:21 PM

Sirius NFL Radio is the only way to go....

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 04, 2007, 12:27:00 PM

I've found those other stations, and enjoy them, even the Sports Chicks. Thank goodness they're giving 620 a little competition.
The sports skanks are stupid, and their show carries no merit, nor any entertainment value.

Typical sports skank take......... "I want Chris Simms to do a monroe transfer with me. He's so HOT!!.... he he he"

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

Pulling Guard

Second String

#18 : January 04, 2007, 01:03:48 PM

Ok, I've been a member for awhile, but, haven't really posted.  I too, have grown tired of the "flagship" station of Bucs radio.  Scott, I'm glad you're on there and have appreciated your insights, but, since that station has gone downhill in the last year or so, I've taken it off my preset and refuse to listen 'til they change.

Scott, is Roger Mills working for you guys now?  It seems I've heard that when he's been on 1470 with Brantley.  I'd reccomend he be a regular host (at the very least a more regular guest) on Tampa Bay radio.  He's informed, objective, and has appropriate timing with humor and serious issues.

With that, I've been listening to 1470 and 1010 quite a bit (even online).  Here are a sampling of pretty good hosts:

-JP Petersen at lunch
-Brantley in the late afternoon - obviously great football knowledge and talks about pro and college
-ESPN National other times - they're good if they're not on their "high horse" when an athlete does/says something stupid - when they get on their high horse they beat it to death and I can't listen (Dan Patrick and/or Olberman do this way too much and seem whiney)

-Mike Pepper in the am as of today I guess....not bad - at least he's local, funny, and objective
-Al Keck at lunch 1-3 very informed and has very good guests (national and local)
-Sports Chix in afternoon drive - they actually have very good guests (national and local), too and seem to be more serious about sports talk now which makes a better show.  I think being female they can actually get away a little more with asking a pointed question

Obviously, a lot of the shows I mention are on at the same time - I station surf in commercial breaks or if a host is talking about an issue I care nothing about.

On another note....how is Rock Riley so entrenched in this market?  He's not inflammatory, but, he's almost unwatchable with his schtick.  I think the other guy, Chris has done well for them, Jeff Carlson has, and even Roxanne Wilder when she's filled in.

We're finally seeing the competition raising the bar for Tampa Bay radio.   We have a choice and can only make it better if we listen to the objective, professoinal hosts and refuse to listen or mention those that are less so.  As I mentioned, both 1470 and 1010 have the shows online. 

You lost me at the sports chix....ugh.

BuccoJD

Starter

#19 : January 04, 2007, 01:19:23 PM

Duemig is just the absolute worst...

Did anyone hear Duemig's little rant on Tuesday about Gruden? And yesturday he blamed Gruden for all the defensive coaches leaving. He said, "They are like rats jumping a sinking ship. As soon as Joe (Barry) was given the oppertunity, he couldn't wait to get out of here."
Joe Barry left because it has been his dream to be a defensive coordinator. And as long as we have Monte here, he knew that was not going to happen in Tampa anytime soon. Marinelli is also his father in law. Why is everyone shocked and awed by Barry leaving? As for the other coaches...look where they are at! Lovie Smith is coaching the #1 seed in the NFC. Herman Edwards is coaching the Chiefs in the playoffs. These were excellent coaches that were given head coaching offers and a ton of money. Who the hell is going to say no to that?

And wasn't Duemig the moron that said his sources said that the Glazers were going to sell the team in 2000 in order to open a franchise in LA? I wonder if it is the same sources that said that Gruden only resigned Simms so he could screw the franchise while going out the door?

Moron.

I'm in Gainesville and I haven't listened to that jackass in a few years. But if those statements are true, then someone needs to call in and call him out on it. I'm sure he'll probably just yell and hang up on you, but this guy (who knows nothing about football or baseball) is single handedly controlling the opinions of a lot of fans. And it is evident in the case of his man crush on Mike Alstott.

He needs to stick to golf talk.

#20 : January 04, 2007, 01:52:42 PM

Tampa finally has two radio stations or did the wonder of tuning knobs finally arrive in town?

Dare we dream to not hear about Dueming or Beckles now?

The real deal is this, those new outlets may be a nice change but 620 rules.  Like them then cool.  But even the haters listen so they can come here and gripe...LOL

Well, Dal, part of that is the fact that they are flagship station for the Bucs.

Chev: I actually did quit listening to that crap.  :)

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 04, 2007, 01:54:32 PM

Tampa finally has two radio stations or did the wonder of tuning knobs finally arrive in town?

The real deal is this, those new outlets may be a nice change but 620 rules.  Like them then cool.  But even the haters listen so they can come here and gripe...LOL

Well, Dal, part of that is the fact that they are flagship station for the Bucs.

Chev: I actually did quit listening to that crap. :)
Actually, they are NOT the flagship station for the Bucs. 103.5 is ;)

superbuc

Practice Squad
#22 : January 04, 2007, 02:11:18 PM

The real deal is this, those new outlets may be a nice change but 620 rules. Like them then cool. But even the haters listen so they can come here and gripe...LOL

Ok, now we'll call you TheChronic for pointing out technicalities.  The am station carries the games just like the fm does.  The point of the thread was not to bash your station or its hosts.  The point was that we have options in this market and I choose to listen to 1470 and 1010 and not have the other station on my presets.

#23 : January 04, 2007, 02:13:07 PM

Ah, yes...So what is the word for what 620 is, then?

Crap.  :)

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 04, 2007, 02:21:21 PM

The real deal is this, those new outlets may be a nice change but 620 rules. Like them then cool. But even the haters listen so they can come here and gripe...LOL

Ok, now we'll call you TheChronic for pointing out technicalities. The am station carries the games just like the fm does. The point of the thread was not to bash your station or its hosts. The point was that we have options in this market and I choose to listen to 1470 and 1010 and not have the other station on my presets.
That's fine, I will bash 620 with the rest of 'em. Just stating the facts ;)

Have fun listening to The "don't know a damn thing about" sports chix.- "Mike Alstott's butt looked big last week, but I would still like him to give me a chili dog".

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 04, 2007, 02:22:41 PM

Ah, yes...So what is the word for what 620 is, then?

Crap. :)
A better description would be "the staion that gets the most listeners and free advertising from Pewterreport.com"

;)

superbuc

Practice Squad
#26 : January 04, 2007, 02:37:46 PM

They are one of six that I listed.  I've heard great interviews with Ira Kaufman, Katherine Smith and even Rick Reiley on their show.

On the other shows on 1470 and 1010 I've also heard Terry Bradshaw, Coack K, Dean Smith, Bobby Knight, Chris Simms (imagine that?!), Phil Simms, Peter King, Roger Mills, Rick Stroud, Gary Shelton, Coach Graber (sp?), Jay Feaster, Matt Silverman, Torterella, Tony Dungy, Brian Billick, ....shall I go on?! 

The key is they have good guests and do objective radio.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 04, 2007, 02:47:02 PM

They are one of six that I listed. I've heard great interviews with Ira Kaufman, Katherine Smith and even Rick Reiley on their show.

On the other shows on 1470 and 1010 I've also heard Terry Bradshaw, Coack K, Dean Smith, Bobby Knight, Chris Simms (imagine that?!), Phil Simms, Peter King, Roger Mills, Rick Stroud, Gary Shelton, Coach Graber (sp?), Jay Feaster, Matt Silverman, Torterella, Tony Dungy, Brian Billick, ....shall I go on????

The key is they have good guests and do objective radio.

Really, all of those guests??

I'm sorry, but if you think that the sports skanks have a good show, then you need to see a doctor IMMEDIATELY.

Listen, I like M&M in the morning on 1470. I like Scott Brantley, but in reality, his show sucks balls compared to Duemig's. So, I won't be making that change anytime soon.

As for your great list of guests there....... Big freaking deal. Every sports radio station in America has had them on at one time or another.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 04, 2007, 02:54:09 PM

All you guys are doing is proving me right with every post.  If you don't like it don't listen.  Again, I don't agree or disagree with everything they say over there.  But personally I find it better than these other hacks...with the exception of ESPN radio which the signal for 1470 sucks there's really no comparrison.  You guys just can't deal with thoughts and opinions that don't agree with your own...Or better you don't want to challange the reality you live as it might not be right and then you'd have to change your way of thinking...God forbid...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Pulling Guard

Second String

#29 : January 04, 2007, 03:08:02 PM

All you guys are doing is proving me right with every post.  If you don't like it don't listen.  Again, I don't agree or disagree with everything they say over there.  But personally I find it better than these other hacks...with the exception of ESPN radio which the signal for 1470 sucks there's really no comparrison.  You guys just can't deal with thoughts and opinions that don't agree with your own...Or better you don't want to challange the reality you live as it might not be right and then you'd have to change your way of thinking...God forbid...

OK, great, but why does it bother you guys so much when we complain. You guys tell us to change the channel, so why don't you ignore the anti-620 threads. I swear to God, I would think some of you were on their payroll.

We have every right to complain that the flagship station of our NFL team is filled with no talent hacks who don't do their homework(Armando & Ian), & conspiracy theorists who acts like a barely above average fullback should be a cult idol. It's frustrating that this is the best they can offer, when they have such a strong signal.

Last time I checked, this is a DISCUSSION  forum. We talk about things. I don't click on links of stuff that doesn't interest me.

Simple enough?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Finally...we have options - Radio in Tampa Bay « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools