Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: November 4, 2008 « previous next »
Page: 1

benir0

Hall of Famer
: November 04, 2008, 02:34:47 PM

Bump.

Yep, whoever wins, I'm going to give them their fair shake, and I really do think that both of these guys are honorable enough to reach out across party lines to bring people together, because we need torevive the spirit of collaboration and cooperation in Washington.

Yeah!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 04, 2008, 02:36:11 PM

Well said Garv.

I don't have a problem getting behind either candidate.  They are both decent guys, and they offer a change of direction.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 04, 2008, 02:30:23 PM

This was going to be something about our civic duty and the honor to be a part of it.
I voted almost two weeks ago here in Sarasota.
And no matter who wins, I will be respectful to the man who wins the most difficult job in the world.
And always to the office of the President of the United States.
The lack of that respect displayed for political gain has sickened me and I will not be a part of it. Haven't and hopefully never will.
I truly hope the winner remembers he is President to all 300 million of us, goes to the White House as soon as possible and is met with full cooperation and open arms as the transition begins.
Our country is too blessed, too honorable and too important to settle for anything less.
This should not be about a celebration of victory for one of the political parties, but about a determined effort to unite all of us as Americans so we can face these tough times ahead.

That is my sincere hope for us all on this important day and time in our history.

John Garvey

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 04, 2008, 02:32:22 PM

This was going to be something about our civic duty and the honor to be a part of it.
I voted almost two weeks ago here in Sarasota.
And no matter who wins, I will be respectful to the man who wins the most difficult job in the world.
And always to the office of the President of the United States.
The lack of that respect displayed for political gain has sickened me and I will not be a part of it. Haven't and hopefully never will.
I truly hope the winner remembers he is President to all 300 million of us, goes to the White House as soon as possible and is met with full cooperation and open arms as the transition begins.
Our country is too blessed, too honorable and too important to settle for anything less.
This should not be about a celebration of victory for one of the political parties, but about a determined effort to unite all of us as Americans so we can face these tough times ahead.

That is my sincere hope for us all on this important day and time in our history.

John Garvey

qft

Well said.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 04, 2008, 02:53:00 PM

Great post.  Just wish it would happen that way...

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 04, 2008, 03:47:33 PM

good post - tip o' the cap!

benir0

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 04, 2008, 04:02:09 PM

Great post.  Just wish it would happen that way...

Well, I think that despite how extreme the rhetoric gets at times, MOST people are moderates.  If ObaMcCain comes out and says: "I know we've disagreed over the last few months about how to best move forward with the country, but we can all agree on a few things..."

A good rallying cry can bring people together.  It would help if both Obama and McCain came together after today and called a truce.  Of course, then whoever wins the job needs to start quickly.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#7 : November 04, 2008, 04:06:03 PM

Great post Garv, it's in everyones best interest to support the new POTUS regardless of affiliation and get things turned around.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: November 4, 2008 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools