Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OBAMA is the new president of the United States « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#195 : November 05, 2008, 04:56:31 PM

You think people seeing through so called lies had anything to do with anything? � �GW Bush was what this election was about. � Not Obama's skills. �Not McCain's weaknesses.

All about the hatred for Bush and the people's desire for change.

Nope.

Bush was a big factor but McCain was awful. His campaign was run into the ground. And the Palin pick was the
nail in the coffin.

Damn Joe, we're agreeing a lot as of late. Palin, IMO, did far more harm to McCain than good. I just cannot take this woman seriously!!!
Name a woman you could take seriously as VP or president.

Kay Hutchinson or Elizabeth Dole.
I like both of them, but Dole is about McCain's age and I think Hutchison is not far behind.  They'd have to deal with ageism as well as sexism.  I wanted E Dole to run in 2000.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#196 : November 05, 2008, 05:00:23 PM

How long until I can take my daughter off my medical plan to save a few bucks?? Every child in America gets free health care, right?
Whens that kicking off? Any news?
As soon as they can implement the policy of taking it out of your paycheck.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#197 : November 05, 2008, 05:21:36 PM

You think people seeing through so called lies had anything to do with anything? � �GW Bush was what this election was about. � Not Obama's skills. �Not McCain's weaknesses.

Nope.

Bush was a big factor but McCain was awful. His campaign was run into the ground. And the Palin pick was the
nail in the coffin.

Damn Joe, we're agreeing a lot as of late. Palin, IMO, did far more harm to McCain than good. I just cannot take this woman seriously!!!

Kay Hutchinson or Elizabeth Dole.
I like both of them, but Dole is about McCain's age and I think Hutchison is not far behind. They'd have to deal with ageism as well as sexism. I wanted E Dole to run in 2000.

She did, but pulled out before the first primary.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#198 : November 05, 2008, 05:28:21 PM

Nope.

nail in the coffin.

She can see Russia from her house for God's sake, what more could you want?

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#199 : November 05, 2008, 05:31:58 PM

How long until I can take my daughter off my medical plan to save a few bucks?? Every child in America gets free health care, right?
GREAT! Now when are they going to start this one:

"Obama and Biden will create a new American Opportunity Tax Credit worth $4,000 in exchange for community service. It will cover two-thirds the cost of tuition at the average public college or university and make community college tuition completely free for most students."

And this one:

"Eliminate Income Taxes for Seniors Making Less than $50,000: Barack Obama will eliminate all income taxation of seniors making less than $50,000 per year. This proposal will eliminate income taxes for 7 million seniors and provide these seniors with an average savings of $1,400 each year. Under the Obama-Biden plan, 27 million American seniors will also not need to file an income tax return. "

Man, I cant wait!!

#200 : November 05, 2008, 05:54:55 PM

The worst part about Hussein Obama becoming president is the fact that we now have to deal with his Anti-American racist wife for the next 4 years...

Seeing that woman makes me cringe, listening to her makes me gag.

Hopefully they throw a bag over her head when she is out in public.

** shakes head **

Dude, how old r u?

#201 : November 05, 2008, 05:59:58 PM

Hillary, no question.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#202 : November 05, 2008, 06:00:58 PM

FWIW...as a European from the outside looking in I'm overjoyed that Obama won. I'm sick of Bush and quite frankly the backwardness of the Republican party (Sorry if that offends some of you but the rest of the world would probably agree with me) and I think Obama may prove to be an awesome leader not just in domestic politics but also in foreign policy, something which the Republican party have about as much familiarity with as the Detroit Lions have with success. The sooner Obama ends George and Johnny Mc's crusade for democracy in the middle east the better.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#203 : November 05, 2008, 08:50:07 PM

GREAT! Now when are they going to start this one:

"Obama and Biden will create a new American Opportunity Tax Credit worth $4,000 in exchange for community service. It will cover two-thirds the cost of tuition at the average public college or university and make community college tuition completely free for most students."

And this one:

"Eliminate Income Taxes for Seniors Making Less than $50,000: Barack Obama will eliminate all income taxation of seniors making less than $50,000 per year. This proposal will eliminate income taxes for 7 million seniors and provide these seniors with an average savings of $1,400 each year. Under the Obama-Biden plan, 27 million American seniors will also not need to file an income tax return. "

Man, I cant wait!!

Anyone know of any time tables for this to start? I cant wait!!!

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#204 : November 05, 2008, 11:50:40 PM

FWIW...as a European from the outside looking in I'm overjoyed that Obama won. I'm sick of Bush and quite frankly the backwardness of the Republican party (Sorry if that offends some of you but the rest of the world would probably agree with me) and I think Obama may prove to be an awesome leader not just in domestic politics but also in foreign policy, something which the Republican party have about as much familiarity with as the Detroit Lions have with success. The sooner Obama ends George and Johnny Mc's crusade for democracy in the middle east the better.

I completely agree with everything you said.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#205 : November 10, 2008, 03:43:07 AM

Like how all canidates run "as a christian", but really aren't in secret?

Explain.

When I was in International Relations (for college) one of the main things we learned was the concept of playing "games." The first, was that you KNOW your ALWAYS in a game. In other words... Paint a pretty picture of things people want to hear, just to get the results you want.

If you are in a unpopular religion, you can't just go spewing off at the mouth about it {if you want to run for pres that is}. You almost have to go with the majority to get the votes on your side. I don't have any evidence of this by any president, but I believe there is alot of B-S'ing going on in Government, and it's not just the "prostitutes and coke-parties" I'm talking about. I'm talking about they're very belief structure in general terms.

Many people think GWB is a athiest, or prays to satan, or something.  (If he said he was, he would NOT have be elected.)

Some folks thought that JFK had republican thoughts in his head before the grassy-noll incident. (At the time, republicans weren't liked much. Thus, if he preached republican ideals, he would NOT have been elected.)

Ronald R. was told to "tone down" his "talking with god" speaches. (In fear people would think he's a looney, and lose the election(s)

It's ALL planned out crap, no different than WWE.. Whoever paints the nicest picture of themselves..wins.  :-

firefall

Second String

#206 : November 10, 2008, 06:31:59 AM

Who in  whomever's name thought W was an atheist? He claims God speaks to him daily and he listens to him more than 41.

As far as other countries go I've seen a couple of pieces on news channels this weekend talking to Americans living abroed. Everyone with out exception said they felt a difference in how they were treated and in the way natives spoke about America. Those that spoke with them about Obama did so with more respect.  Thanks to the powers that be that Bush is gone and Obama is the new president.
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OBAMA is the new president of the United States « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools