Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Race card retired? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

3paths

Starter

: November 04, 2008, 11:34:01 PM

Can we retire the race card now? I think it's been overplayed for years now. The country has spoken and racism should now be considered an exception rather than rule.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 04, 2008, 11:36:08 PM

That's why Jessie Jackson was crying.  Not because a black man was elected president, but because he's out of a job.   Without the race card, he's a lost man.

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 04, 2008, 11:36:59 PM

LMFAO, Java! 

3paths

Starter

#3 : November 04, 2008, 11:37:15 PM

lol...Obama elected and people are losing jobs already...Sharpton too

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 04, 2008, 11:38:23 PM

lol...Obama elected and people are losing jobs already...Sharpton too

LOL...now that is funny

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 04, 2008, 11:43:46 PM

no, were all racist. You need to get in school based on race now grades

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 05, 2008, 12:16:29 AM

I'd like to stop with the race comments as well, but all I keep hearing is that it is a historical night for the first black man to be elected president?  Why is this so hard to believe? 
Anyway, racism without a doubt goes both ways.  I believe we will see a great divide between whites and blacks over this, and I hope and pray that I'm wrong.

3paths

Starter

#7 : November 05, 2008, 12:17:34 AM

I'd like to stop with the race comments as well, but all I keep hearing is that it is a historical night for the first black man to be elected president? Why is this so hard to believe?
Anyway, racism without a doubt goes both ways. I believe we will see a great divide between whites and blacks over this, and I hope and pray that I'm wrong.

I agree with you on this, as any strong feelings that may exist will be strongly amplified.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 05, 2008, 12:19:01 AM

I'd like to stop with the race comments as well, but all I keep hearing is that it is a historical night for the first black man to be elected president? Why is this so hard to believe?
Anyway, racism without a doubt goes both ways. I believe we will see a great divide between whites and blacks over this, and I hope and pray that I'm wrong.

I think we will see a lot of divide early, meaning tomorrow until january but I am optimistic that when he is in office things will change.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 05, 2008, 12:22:53 AM

I think we will see a lot of divide early, meaning tomorrow until january but I am optimistic that when he is in office things will change.

says the uniter...

the guy who tells everyone to F-off just because people are pointing out hypocrisies of liberals like him

Dont mention Hes not my president stickers... that all of a sudden will make him mad. Yesterday he would have loved it.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 05, 2008, 12:25:15 AM

It's strange, but black people all of a sudden in the area I live seem confident and arrogant, even the crack heads and drug dealers.  I couldn't believe the number of voters today in line that don't have a job and ride around in $40,000 vehicles.  Yep, change is what we are getting.
Tonight after soccer, I went to Pizza Hut to eat.  A black couple left as we were walking in.  I knew the waitress that seated us and waited on the black couples table as well.  She handed me a slip of paper that said, "Vote Obama......TIP."  They left that for her as their tip.  
These type of incidents only will add fuel to the fire of hate for one another in this country.  I pray that people will try to look past these types of behaviors and stay positive.  We will need to support our new president.

#11 : November 05, 2008, 01:00:10 AM

Wait and see is all anyone can do at this point.  All I have is concerns and until I see first hand good or bad, I can't make an educated statement until it is applied in a practical sense.  All we know is a lot of promises were made over the last several months, now how much of that will Obama be able to make reality, with the focus of the economy.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 05, 2008, 01:07:48 AM

It's strange, but black people all of a sudden in the area I live seem confident and arrogant, even the crack heads and drug dealers. I couldn't believe the number of voters today in line that don't have a job and ride around in $40,000 vehicles.

How do you know they don't have a job?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 05, 2008, 01:09:17 AM

I'd like to stop with the race comments as well, but all I keep hearing is that it is a historical night for the first black man to be elected president?  Why is this so hard to believe? 

Why? Because it's the FIRST black man to become president. Why did it take us this long?

Yes, it IS historical and still hard to believe that it happened. But it did.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 05, 2008, 01:10:30 AM

Here we go....(sigh)

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Race card retired? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools