Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Race card retired? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 05, 2008, 01:31:35 AM

itll never be retired. but thank goodness we have joe to tell us how racist we are

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 05, 2008, 02:20:06 AM

He's under a lot of pressure. If he fails, it'll be the last black president elected in this country for a couple generations.

In Verner We Trust

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 05, 2008, 02:23:03 AM

If he fails, it'll be the last black president elected in this country for a couple generations.

I don't agree with that.   Honestly, Obama is not really a black guy anyway.   He's 50% white and was raised in a white environment.   I'm sure that will be brought to the forefront if he fails.

nickerson56

Starter
#18 : November 05, 2008, 02:45:01 AM

It's strange, but black people all of a sudden in the area I live seem confident and arrogant, even the crack heads and drug dealers.  I couldn't believe the number of voters today in line that don't have a job and ride around in $40,000 vehicles.  Yep, change is what we are getting.
Tonight after soccer, I went to Pizza Hut to eat.  A black couple left as we were walking in.  I knew the waitress that seated us and waited on the black couples table as well.  She handed me a slip of paper that said, "Vote Obama......TIP."  They left that for her as their tip.  
These type of incidents only will add fuel to the fire of hate for one another in this country.  I pray that people will try to look past these types of behaviors and stay positive.  We will need to support our new president.

This is why the race will always be an issue.  Your post sounds straight out of 1953.

luke99

Starter

#19 : November 05, 2008, 05:34:05 AM

I voted for the White Obama... you know the one that is like the White side of Halle Berry ;)

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 05, 2008, 06:18:15 AM

It's strange, but black people all of a sudden in the area I live seem confident and arrogant, even the crack heads and drug dealers. I couldn't believe the number of voters today in line that don't have a job and ride around in $40,000 vehicles.

How do you know they don't have a job?

We live in a small town Joe, you know, where everybody knows your name....

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 05, 2008, 09:03:24 AM

the race card will never be retitred, people live for it, love to cast it into any situation whether it belongs or not.

we have posters on this board who use it every opportunity they can.

it's going no place, and having a black president could make it even worse if we aren't careful.

(especially if Mrs. Hussein Obama has her way...*yikes*)

BucNative

Starter

#22 : November 05, 2008, 09:19:25 AM

That's why Jessie Jackson was crying. Not because a black man was elected president, but because he's out of a job. Without the race card, he's a lost man.

This is exactly what I told my wife last night when I saw him crying.  Told the same thing to my coworkers at work today.  For some reason they seemed offended by that remark, which is rediculous because its 100% true. 

Except for the fact that I don't think for one second he'll stop his crap.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#23 : November 05, 2008, 09:20:46 AM

I'll take the under on 2 month's in office before Michelle says something that really pisses off white people.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 05, 2008, 09:22:52 AM

I'll take the under on 2 month's in office before Michelle says something that really pisses off white people.

She's a Black woman in the White House. A few whites are already pissed off.

#25 : November 05, 2008, 09:37:10 AM

One has to wonder --

Did African-Americans vote for Obama solely because of his race, his qualifications be damned?

Did the white voters vote for McCain simply because they refused to vote for an African-American?

My guess is that the answer lies somewhere in the middle.

The "race card retired" question is almost a racist comment in itself.  The simple answer is "No".  It won't be retired because the mainstream media won't let it be put to rest.  It is the media's own personal "trump card" when they have nothing else to disuss ad nauseum.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 05, 2008, 10:12:19 AM

A lot of people who didn't vote for him don't want to come across as racist. So they'll say ''I couldn't vote for him because of his inexperience.''
Some voted for him for simply race.
Let's hope at least a small portion of those who voted against him, give him a chance.

In Verner We Trust

swirless

Pro Bowler

#27 : November 05, 2008, 10:22:28 AM

Race card will be retired for a year or whenever people realize they still have to work and Obama is not paying their bills

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 05, 2008, 10:45:54 AM

It's strange, but black people all of a sudden in the area I live seem confident and arrogant, even the crack heads and drug dealers. �I couldn't believe the number of voters today in line that don't have a job and ride around in $40,000 vehicles. �Yep, change is what we are getting.
Tonight after soccer, I went to Pizza Hut to eat. �A black couple left as we were walking in. �I knew the waitress that seated us and waited on the black couples table as well. �She handed me a slip of paper that said, "Vote Obama......TIP." �They left that for her as their tip. �
These type of incidents only will add fuel to the fire of hate for one another in this country. �I pray that people will try to look past these types of behaviors and stay positive. �We will need to support our new president.

This is why the race will always be an issue. Your post sounds straight out of 1953.
Exactly.  This guy is obviously a pitiful honky who wears a sheet.  That comment he made was downright disgusting.  I think I remember from his past posts that he is some kind of pastor.  Only in the deep south! 

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 05, 2008, 11:35:21 AM

If I may...Let me try and bring some perspective to this conversation. 

If you are not African American and have never lived the life of one you cannot understand the overwhelming pride and loyalty to Obama.  You just can't.  Most black folks traditionally vote Dem. anyway.  So I think with that and him being black it made most of us feel like he is the one to vote for.  If Hillary Clinton was on the ballot instead of Obama, I'd have been hesitant, but I'd have still voted Dem. anyway.  So really the pride that you see comes from a different place.  It comes from a place where people fought, bled, and died for my right to even go and vote for ANYONE, much less a fellow African American.

Is the race card retired, certainly not.  Because of last night’s events I have higher hopes that someday it will be.  Jim Crow is still around.  But Jim is dressed and speaks quite differently these days.  Jim doesn't have a southern drawl, police dogs, and the fire department at his disposal anymore.  Jim now has his own "Underground Railroad".  Personally I think it makes Jim stronger today and more effective in some ways.  Back in the day, my grandmother knew who Jim was.  Could identify him and his cohorts readily and take action to steer clear.  I don't have that advantage.  Jim smiles in my face and stabs me continually while I'm not looking.  By the time I've caught on, which is usually after the fact, I'm stripped of a job, a service, or consumer good that I would have been just as entitled too. 

The unknown is fearful.  And people who live in and with fear sometimes take irrational steps to alleviate their fears.  Education, in this case, would ease a lot of those fears and give people a new perspective and possibly trust in the different colored fellow men and women.  And there are some that will just never do the right thing.  I’ve learned that you can’t change the world if you don’t change your house first.  If you want racial divide to end, start at home or in your own families.  Particularly with your kids and teach them the correct life values that promote harmony and unity. 

And lastly why do we care who voted for who and why?  There are not enough black people in America to vote for Obama alone and him win this election.  There were a whole lot of white people that felt a change needed to be made. The numbers so painstakingly showed throughout the night and this morning the break down of votes in almost every category imaginable. IIRC, there were 4% of the black population who voted for McCain.  Truth be told black people didn’t put him in office.  Over 60+ million AMERICANS put Obama in office.

Now that it’s over, let’s see how he performs…instead of assuming the worst…

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Race card retired? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools