Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Race card retired? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 05, 2008, 12:15:27 PM

Bravo Chev. The race issue or "card" won't be retired until people stop being racist. That aint likely anytime soon. So until then remember...you are being watched.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

#31 : November 05, 2008, 12:15:58 PM

Outstanding post Ro.  And you are spot on.

benir0

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 05, 2008, 12:20:11 PM

If I may...Let me try and bring some perspective to this conversation. 

Clearly, you've come to the wrong place, Chev.  LOL

This, simply put, is a great day for America, no matter what your party affiliation is.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 05, 2008, 12:25:29 PM

I agree Chev, and by the way, Jim Crow is most certainly alive and well.  I sit with him, eat with him, and more than likely work and go to church with him everday.  The hope is that God knows the heart and we can pray that God will convict the heart of man to change.  

1 John 2
3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.
7 Brethren, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning. 8 Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining.
9 He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. 10 He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. 11 But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.
Their Spiritual State

Those who say they love God but can't love a black person, or any other person, is simply a liar in claiming they love God.  Chev, those Jim Crow's may be fooling the world, but they most certainly are not fooling God.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 05, 2008, 01:00:25 PM

Bravo Chev. The race issue or "card" won't be retired until people stop being racist. That aint likely anytime soon. So until then remember...you are being watched.

Trust me snake, I know...
Outstanding post Ro.  And you are spot on.

Thanks bro.

If I may...Let me try and bring some perspective to this conversation. 

Clearly, you've come to the wrong place, Chev. LOL

This, simply put, is a great day for America, no matter what your party affiliation is.

Nothing beats a failure but a try.  Burns my butt sometimes to have to lay it but like that but hey, if one person reads one of my posts and the light bulb goes off...I'm changing the world...

I agree Chev, and by the way, Jim Crow is most certainly alive and well.  I sit with him, eat with him, and more than likely work and go to church with him everday.  The hope is that God knows the heart and we can pray that God will convict the heart of man to change. 

1 John 2
3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.
7 Brethren, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning. 8 Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining.
9 He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. 10 He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. 11 But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.
Their Spiritual State

Those who say they love God but can't love a black person, or any other person, is simply a liar in claiming they love God.  Chev, those Jim Crow's may be fooling the world, but they most certainly are not fooling God.

Those guys don't believe in the same God I believe in bro...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 05, 2008, 01:24:36 PM

It's strange, but black people all of a sudden in the area I live seem confident and arrogant, even the crack heads and drug dealers. �I couldn't believe the number of voters today in line that don't have a job and ride around in $40,000 vehicles. �Yep, change is what we are getting.
Tonight after soccer, I went to Pizza Hut to eat. �A black couple left as we were walking in. �I knew the waitress that seated us and waited on the black couples table as well. �She handed me a slip of paper that said, "Vote Obama......TIP." �They left that for her as their tip. �
These type of incidents only will add fuel to the fire of hate for one another in this country. �I pray that people will try to look past these types of behaviors and stay positive. �We will need to support our new president.

This is why the race will always be an issue. Your post sounds straight out of 1953.
Exactly.  This guy is obviously a pitiful honky who wears a sheet.  That comment he made was downright disgusting. I think I remember from his past posts that he is some kind of pastor.  Only in the deep south! 

His opinion, isn't racist at all. He was typing words on a keyboard, telling everyone what he saw that day. So what if he might have assumed something... Maybe he had a real reason to think what he thought about them? Ever think of that?

Maybe they had food stamps in-hand while trying to vote?

Seriously, PEOPLE should be able to say what they want, when they want to... if you don't like it, get away... Thats what I do when around "racist" groups of Blacks....

THIS is why racism won't die, because people don't like SOME words, then everyone is at eachothers necks again....sheesh, why can't we just have fun with racism and let everyone just live?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 05, 2008, 01:41:12 PM

It's strange, but black people all of a sudden in the area I live seem confident and arrogant, even the crack heads and drug dealers. �I couldn't believe the number of voters today in line that don't have a job and ride around in $40,000 vehicles. �Yep, change is what we are getting.
Tonight after soccer, I went to Pizza Hut to eat. �A black couple left as we were walking in. �I knew the waitress that seated us and waited on the black couples table as well. �She handed me a slip of paper that said, "Vote Obama......TIP." �They left that for her as their tip. �
These type of incidents only will add fuel to the fire of hate for one another in this country. �I pray that people will try to look past these types of behaviors and stay positive. �We will need to support our new president.

This is why the race will always be an issue. Your post sounds straight out of 1953.
Exactly. This guy is obviously a pitiful honky who wears a sheet. That comment he made was downright disgusting. I think I remember from his past posts that he is some kind of pastor. Only in the deep south!

His opinion, isn't racist at all. He was typing words on a keyboard, telling everyone what he saw that day. So what if he might have assumed something... Maybe he had a real reason to think what he thought about them? Ever think of that?

Maybe they had food stamps in-hand while trying to vote?

Seriously, PEOPLE should be able to say what they want, when they want to... if you don't like it, get away... Thats what I do when around "racist" groups of Blacks....

THIS is why racism won't die, because people don't like SOME words, then everyone is at eachothers necks again....sheesh, why can't we just have fun with racism and let everyone just live?

I don't know if you've ever been the brunt of a racist remark, racist actions, or had racism affect your daily life, but I can assure you it isn't fun...it isn't fun, humorous, nice, kind, friendly, warm, inviting, or cute.  It's ugly, nasty, hateful, retarded, and most of all ignorant...With any freedom there is a responsibility to used it properly.  Now if you feel that you have the freedom to just say mean, nasty, and hurtful things in a group of black people do so and see how many of them..."just" walk away...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 05, 2008, 02:10:48 PM

I'm a white guy. A bald white guy. I have tattoos, a gotee, hell, I've been told I look mean in fact. I wear baggy jeans, t-shirts, football hats, wife beaters, I drive a truck, I live in a predominantly white neighborhood. I have 2 dogs... big ones... I have a bass boat in my back yard. I never liked In Living Color. There are no black people that work where I work.

What kid of person do you think I am just by reading that? Did I mention the iron cross on my back or the white hood in my pocket? Did I mention I like rap music, have lots of guns and like white girls? Did I say anything about what my religion is or what God/Gods I believe in? Tell me what I said about who my friends are and what kind of people I hang out with. What kind of dogs do you think I have? Do you think I like black people? Do you think I don't?

I am actually blown away by some of the comments in this thread. In person, I would have jawed a couple people for their comments. Racism goes both ways, and as pointed out earlier in this thread, unless you have been the unfortunate recipient of racism, you really have nothing to talk about. Black and white are simply all shades of gray. Is it wrong that we have a black man as President of this country? Is it weird that his middle name is Hussein? Does it bother you that his dad married a white girl? Are you upset that he was born in America, spend 4 years in Indonesia then came back and is STILL out President?

Sit and think for just a few moments about what this means for America. Think about how far this country has come if there are millions of people that CHOSE to elect that black guy and make him our President. Think about how many of them did it for the right reason and for the wrong reason. Think about how many did it because they felt obligated to. Think about how many did it because they wanted to seem sympathetic. Now... think about how many people that say skin color doesn't friggin' matter. You tell me which group is bigger.....

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#38 : November 05, 2008, 03:18:36 PM

If he fails, it'll be the last black president elected in this country for a couple generations.

I don't agree with that.   Honestly, Obama is not really a black guy anyway.   He's 50% white and was raised in a white environment.   I'm sure that will be brought to the forefront if he fails.

Moreover...I'm sure that it will be brought to the forefront if he succeeds.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 05, 2008, 03:21:02 PM

If he fails, it'll be the last black president elected in this country for a couple generations.

I don't agree with that. Honestly, Obama is not really a black guy anyway. He's 50% white and was raised in a white environment. I'm sure that will be brought to the forefront if he fails.

Moreover...I'm sure that it will be brought to the forefront if he succeeds.

For show now!!!  You know the other half of his heritage will be wanting their props then...ROFLMBAO!!!!

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#40 : November 05, 2008, 03:22:00 PM

I'm a white guy. A bald white guy. I have tattoos, a gotee, hell, I've been told I look mean in fact. I wear baggy jeans, t-shirts, football hats, wife beaters, I drive a truck, I live in a predominantly white neighborhood. I have 2 dogs... big ones... I have a bass boat in my back yard. I never liked In Living Color. There are no black people that work where I work.

What kid of person do you think I am just by reading that? Did I mention the iron cross on my back or the white hood in my pocket? Did I mention I like rap music, have lots of guns and like white girls? Did I say anything about what my religion is or what God/Gods I believe in? Tell me what I said about who my friends are and what kind of people I hang out with. What kind of dogs do you think I have? Do you think I like black people? Do you think I don't?

I am actually blown away by some of the comments in this thread. In person, I would have jawed a couple people for their comments. Racism goes both ways, and as pointed out earlier in this thread, unless you have been the unfortunate recipient of racism, you really have nothing to talk about. Black and white are simply all shades of gray. Is it wrong that we have a black man as President of this country? Is it weird that his middle name is Hussein? Does it bother you that his dad married a white girl? Are you upset that he was born in America, spend 4 years in Indonesia then came back and is STILL out President?

Sit and think for just a few moments about what this means for America. Think about how far this country has come if there are millions of people that CHOSE to elect that black guy and make him our President. Think about how many of them did it for the right reason and for the wrong reason. Think about how many did it because they felt obligated to. Think about how many did it because they wanted to seem sympathetic. Now... think about how many people that say skin color doesn't friggin' matter. You tell me which group is bigger.....

Pretty awesome piece my man...thanks!

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 05, 2008, 03:28:26 PM

Just trying to stimulate the senses, Timbuc2 ;)

We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

luke99

Starter

#42 : November 05, 2008, 06:13:01 PM

I am surprised at all the ingnorance on this thread. First off he was raised by Whites and is Half white. Second the first slaves were sold by Blacks. Just a little history for most of you.

He will be fine and for those that see racism, then maybe it is YOU that are the racists

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 05, 2008, 06:22:10 PM

Your post is all over the place, Not really sure if I get what you're trying to say. Maybe it's me.

If I had to guess, I'd say that you were trying to tell us that you fight pit bulls for extra cash?

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 05, 2008, 06:35:49 PM

LOL. No joe. It was more of a post for some to read and play the guess/stereotype game
Hopefully you don't think I really fight pit bulls. I have two yellow labs. Oddly enough from a black father and a yellow mom for the male and flipped for the female.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Race card retired? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools