Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I have a feeling... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: October 12, 2006, 01:19:39 PM

i kind of feel change in the air now after the first quarter of the season is done.
i feel things are changing on the team and gruden isn't go to stand another losing season.
i'm feeling us going 10-6. call me crazy but it isn't impossible. just one game at a time, one win at a time.
we will get there! ;D

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 12, 2006, 01:24:53 PM

Love your optimism big dog. It can't get any worse so your prediction of improving isn't a stretch. Now 10-6........that's a stretch.

#2 : October 12, 2006, 01:27:41 PM

one good thing is that we already played everyone in our division. so down the stretch we can game plan for them so much better. having a new QB also throws teams off balance for their preparation. much like with simms last year i feel. if we can catch up in the division and win some of these other games i don't see why we can't go 10-6. don't shoot me down i just can't bare a losing season! 03 and 04 were the pitts for me. when the bucs are down i am down...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 12, 2006, 01:31:33 PM

I understand but you have to think objectively. I don't think the Saints are that good and now the Bucs play Cinci and the Eagles. It's a good thing those games are at Ray Jay because that gives the team a little life. I would say 6-10, going 6-6, over the next 12 games would be a turn around.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 12, 2006, 01:39:00 PM

i kind of feel change in the air now after the first quarter of the season is done.
i feel things are changing on the team and gruden isn't go to stand another losing season.
i'm feeling us going 10-6. call me crazy but it isn't impossible. just one game at a time, one win at a time.
we will get there! ;D

You CRAZY SOB.   ;D

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#5 : October 12, 2006, 01:44:52 PM

Well I hope you are right. I don't really think this team is headed anywhere this year but hopefully I am wrong and you are right.

#6 : October 12, 2006, 01:51:42 PM

well think about this... remember last year when we lost to the niners and to the jets and in pretty horrible fashion. everyone thought this team was done.
i also think the last 2 games despite the losses we did improve a lot and almost won both games.
so i know it is a stretch as you guys say but i am hopefull and praying that we turn this around! it isn't to late.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 12, 2006, 01:54:05 PM

didn't the "nothing special" bears last year go on an 8-1 tear on the backs of a solid defense and a rookie QB?

caddy's looking sharp again, and if this defense starts wrapping up again, things can change.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 12, 2006, 01:57:07 PM

OK lets be truly optimistic about the 0-4 start.  

Ravens -  Simms gave them the game
Falcons – we could have actually won
Panthers – we should have won
Saints – a decent punt and we would have won.

Our offense was offensive for 2.5 games, and our defense has started very sluggish, and we were in three of the games at the death.  If the veteran D players can drag themselves out of the flunk we have enough offense to be competitive.  I am not sure if we can get anywhere near .500, but I am sure they could win a few games.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 12, 2006, 02:11:52 PM

Gruden can't "WILL" us to a win or 9...

I think you are right, change is in the air, but making faces during the games ain't gonna get us the wins...

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#10 : October 12, 2006, 02:20:50 PM

didn't the "nothing special" bears last year go on an 8-1 tear on the backs of a solid defense and a rookie QB?

caddy's looking sharp again, and if this defense starts wrapping up again, things can change.
That's laughable. This defense is done as we now it. They may improve their play from the horrible mess we've seen so far....but our defense can't even sniff the Bear's jocks.

Warhorse

Second String

#11 : October 12, 2006, 02:23:31 PM

I would feel a lot better if our defense was solid in their tackling.

We definitely could have knocked off the Saints with better overall tackling last week.

Significantly shore that up and we might make a run.

btw....keeponbucn.....how did you get that video of my future wife?? ;D

gone

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 12, 2006, 03:48:11 PM

There's still potential for a winning season.  Not a ton, but it's there.  I think playoffs would take a minor miracle.
If the offense can repeat it's performance from last week consistently, which I believe it can (not always, but consistently), then all the D needs to do is step up a LITTLE bit.  Like about 4-5 places on the rankings type of little bit, and that isn't an incredibly outrageous possibility. 
We WERE in 2 of those games, and the offense seems to be hitting it's stride.  The Defense is disastrous by OUR standards, but given how close our last 2 losses were, just one play over the course of each game could have changed the outcome.  And last week the D actually DID play well enough to win, it was just a ST blunder that done us in.
It's just kinda different for bucs fans to think of it as the D playing just good enough for the offense to win it instead of the reverse, but we could be at that point now, and that's all they would need to do.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#13 : October 12, 2006, 04:53:19 PM

I can't concentrate on a reply when i see these animations of bouncing betties.....

gharen

Pro Bowler

#14 : October 12, 2006, 05:20:55 PM

Take a couple Tums for that feeling, it's just indigestion.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I have a feeling... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools