Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chip shot any one? « previous next »
Page: 1

weinberger83

Starter
« : November 06, 2008, 04:59:36 PM »

I was watching NFL Live on ESPN and they had a short segment about the art of the RB chip shot. The first clip was the one Clinton Portis had on the Giants that we have all seen the second was Clifton Smith at KC he drilled into the defender and lit him up.

I was just wondering if any one had that clip or new a place on line to find it. I had no luck searching

thanks

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #1 : November 06, 2008, 05:02:44 PM »

That could be the biggest reason why he was in the game late instead of Bennett that so many fans are missing is that even at this stage the coaches have more confidence in Smith to be able to pickup the blitz then they do Bennett

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

« #2 : November 06, 2008, 05:04:48 PM »

What was funny to me was that Penn was called for an uneccessary roughness on the play lol... If I'm thinking of the right one.

That is definitely a big reason why Smith is trusted day one in this offense and Bennett hasn't been trusted at all on offense. Smith does the little things...

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #3 : November 06, 2008, 06:19:33 PM »

Bingo! Clifton > Bennett.
    Clifton caught the coaches eyes in pre-season mostly because he was consistently on his assignments. Went where he was supposed to and did what he was supposed to. I remember reading where Dunn was kinda taking him under his wing.

Warthog

Pro Bowler

« #4 : November 06, 2008, 06:21:42 PM »

It was a great shot for such a little fella.  Gunna have to go back and watch it again... although if anyone has a link, please share.

I leave at first light, headed North. Well do I recognize that I did not cover myself in glory.  But never did I dream that for my failures I would be exiled. - the diary of Gen. L. P. McCown

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #5 : November 06, 2008, 07:23:38 PM »

Yeah I seem to remember that too. An awesome blitz pickup by Smith.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

Dominico

Starter

« #6 : November 06, 2008, 07:49:02 PM »

What was funny to me was that Penn was called for an uneccessary roughness on the play lol... If I'm thinking of the right one.

That is definitely a big reason why Smith is trusted day one in this offense and Bennett hasn't been trusted at all on offense. Smith does the little things...

That was one of the worst unneccessary roughtness calls ive ever seen!

weinberger83

Starter
« #7 : November 06, 2008, 07:56:38 PM »

I don't know the play but it was in shotgun and with RB's on both sides of Garcia unfortunately im forced to watch the game on my phone or NFL.com

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler

« #8 : November 06, 2008, 08:01:53 PM »

I know on one play in the second half he chipped the DE and put him on his back. Penn looked down at him and went WWE and got a penalty for Unsportsmanlike. Boselli couldn't believe it.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

« #9 : November 06, 2008, 08:02:46 PM »

I'm almost positive it was the same play. That call was absolutely ridiculous!!!

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler

« #10 : November 06, 2008, 08:09:04 PM »

For those that have it taped, it happened on the play with 11:13 left in the 3rd quarter

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #11 : November 06, 2008, 08:52:47 PM »

Yeah...that call was absolute BS.  IT makes the league look soft.  If the guy is making amove to et up, Penn should plant his sorry butt right back into the grass where it belongs!

That call was abysmally weak, and Goody Goodell needs to punish the refs for making such a wussy call.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chip shot any one? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools