Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cromartie promoted. Talib Next? « previous next »
Page: 1

MVP

Pro Bowler

: November 07, 2008, 12:30:39 PM

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/07/rodgers-cromartie-to-start-for-cardinals/#respond

I saw this item on ProFootballTalk it seems like a good topic for discussion for the Bucs. Cromartie has already cracked the starting lineup for the Cardinals. Should Talib be next to start in the base defense? He leads all rookies in Interceptions and Ronde Barber is struggling and giving up a lot of big plays and may be suited to play Nickel Back at this stage in his career.

Thoughts?

#1 : November 07, 2008, 12:35:55 PM

I think I like the idea of Pbuc and Talib as our starters, and Ronde as the Nickel... (at least I'm warming
to the idea.)   Ronde could do some damage as the nickel, little more room to free lance.

I don't think Monte will do it unless Ronde and Raheem force the issue.

BuccoJD

Starter

#2 : November 07, 2008, 12:49:14 PM

Talib has looked great lately... no denying that, but I'm not ready to see him in there every play over Ronde.

The INT totals are nice, but hes been fortunate to be in the right place at the right time... Haven't seen him make a great jump on a route.

I still love the physicality that Ronde brings over Talib, but the gap is closing fast.

lec05010

Second String

#3 : November 07, 2008, 12:49:44 PM

I would love to see this.  Ronde has not been playing very well.  I read an article on ESPN saying that he gives up 11.2 ypa or something like that.  They said that is a terrible stat for a CB

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 07, 2008, 02:35:36 PM

I would love to see this.  Ronde has not been playing very well.  I read an article on ESPN saying that he gives up 11.2 ypa or something like that.  They said that is a terrible stat for a CB
It is.... especially when you really aren't asked to play 1v1..... all game

simmstheanswer

Starter

#5 : November 07, 2008, 03:04:21 PM

ronde is in in the base package b/c teams usually run with only two wide-outs on the field. you take him off in 2 wr sets, you severly lessen our teams ability to run stop, as well as the threat to blitz that ronde brings... bad idea.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 07, 2008, 03:06:23 PM

ronde is in in the base package b/c teams usually run with only two wide-outs on the field. you take him off in 2 wr sets, you severly lessen our teams ability to run stop, as well as the threat to blitz that ronde brings... bad idea.

probably time to change your screen name

simmstheanswer

Starter

#7 : November 07, 2008, 03:08:15 PM

probably time to change your screen name

why?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 07, 2008, 03:11:37 PM

because chrissy will never be the answer here or anywhere, just say'n

MBF

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 07, 2008, 03:51:32 PM

The INT totals are nice, but hes been fortunate to be in the right place at the right time... Haven't seen him make a great jump on a route.

Did you see the Dallas game?

CrAsH_oVeRdRiVe

Rookie

#10 : November 07, 2008, 04:53:55 PM

Talib is almost as phsyical as Barber, and just fine in run support. And as far as the blitz goes, Barber usually blitzes when there's five or six defensive backs on the field. Even if not, we've seen Monte blitz just about every DB  on one play or another this season. Especially in the Seahawks game. Time to stop the bleeding on the outside.

because chrissy will never be the answer here or anywhere, just say'n

Chris was the answer here for two seasons. Then he fell from the sky and is with the 8-0 Titans. Wish the kid nothing but the best and thanks for the 05 division title.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#11 : November 07, 2008, 05:15:26 PM

I would just use Ronde everywhere and stop matching him up one the majority of his plays... like have him at NB, S, and even some LB on passing downs... basically use him to blitz and move him around to let him blitz from everywhere. At this stage, sadly, Ronde is struggling mightily covering... however, he can still make a big impact if you give him a different role. Less coverage from him and a lot more blitzing.

Yes Talib should start... he is the next big time pro bowl CB in this league.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 07, 2008, 05:23:10 PM

Who is this Chris Simms you speak of?     College kid?          ;D

MVP

Pro Bowler

#13 : November 07, 2008, 06:56:19 PM

I would just use Ronde everywhere and stop matching him up one the majority of his plays... like have him at NB, S, and even some LB on passing downs... basically use him to blitz and move him around to let him blitz from everywhere. At this stage, sadly, Ronde is struggling mightily covering... however, he can still make a big impact if you give him a different role. Less coverage from him and a lot more blitzing.

Yes Talib should start... he is the next big time pro bowl CB in this league.

I would compare it with the role Brooks shares with Cato June. It isn't that Ronde can't be a good player, he just needs to be put in the situations he will excel in.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cromartie promoted. Talib Next? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools