Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Numbers Support, QB's not getting the job done « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#60 : November 09, 2008, 01:32:52 PM

Garcia suggested the most important play of the season, a shot downfield to receiver Antonio Bryant that resulted in a 24-yard touchdown that helped send the game into overtime.

"I made a suggestion, and Coach said, 'Okay, go for it,' " Garcia said. "And it was something we talked about during the game based about how their safeties were squeezing the inside lanes, the inside receivers. And in the Cover 2, corners don't generally get as much depth. "

Sure does sound as if it is more a play calling thing

I saw that quote by Garcia as well.  I don't know if that was Garcia's call or not, but I'm not the buying the fact that Garcia wants to go deep more than Gruden does.  All of the open receivers down the field when Garcia decides to check it down proves otherwise, IMO.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#61 : November 09, 2008, 09:54:48 PM

Garcia suggested the most important play of the season, a shot downfield to receiver Antonio Bryant that resulted in a 24-yard touchdown that helped send the game into overtime.

"I made a suggestion, and Coach said, 'Okay, go for it,' " Garcia said. "And it was something we talked about during the game based about how their safeties were squeezing the inside lanes, the inside receivers. And in the Cover 2, corners don't generally get as much depth. "

Sure does sound as if it is more a play calling thing

I saw that quote by Garcia as well.  I don't know if that was Garcia's call or not, but I'm not the buying the fact that Garcia wants to go deep more than Gruden does.  All of the open receivers down the field when Garcia decides to check it down proves otherwise, IMO.

There were like 25 seconds left in the game and we needed 8 pts. to tie...it's not like Gruden was going to be hampering any aggressiveness in that situation...

I think the "Go for it" was directed at what Garcia had seen the defense doing...go with what he thought would work...

Not go for the end zone, lol...
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Numbers Support, QB's not getting the job done « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools