Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is your worldview? « previous next »
Page: 1

3paths

Starter

: November 08, 2008, 07:12:03 PM

Every man and woman should know what they believe in, and what they feel is the truth about life. Whether a person is Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Wiccan, Buddhist, Hindu, Atheist, Agnostic or indifferent there is one thing they all share in common; faith. We may not think of it that way, but whatever you believe in as the meaning for life is your faith, even if you believe in nothing. That believe in nothing is still faith.

Mine simply stated is I believe in every word of the Bible, that it is the infallible word of God and that Jesus Christ is my personal savior who died for my sins on the cross. Because He died for me, my sins have been reconciled with God and I will be able to join Him in Heaven after I cease to exist here on Earth.  I can go to the Bible, prayer and the counsel of other Christian's if I feel I don't have the answer for a particular situation.

That's it plain and simple. I think this should be a pretty fun thread. Look forward to your responses.

#1 : November 08, 2008, 07:18:09 PM

I believe that the sky is blue and grass is green. Beyond that, I have many questions.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 08, 2008, 07:42:49 PM

I think this should be a pretty fun thread.

I think you have no idea the can of worms you are about to open with this thread...lol

3paths

Starter

#3 : November 08, 2008, 07:44:36 PM

I think this should be a pretty fun thread.

I think you have no idea the can of worms you are about to open with this thread...lol
I guess fun means different things to different people LOL :) 

3paths

Starter

#4 : November 09, 2008, 02:12:57 PM

Funny no one seems to want to touch this one...

Stratobuc

Starter
#5 : November 09, 2008, 02:42:45 PM

We Frisbetarians believe that when you die, your soul goes up upon the roof - and you can't get it down....

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 09, 2008, 03:08:59 PM

We Frisbetarians believe that when you die, your soul goes up upon the roof - and you can't get it down....

LOL.

I believe you should TRY to be good to yourself, to others and the environment, whenever possible. And not necessarily
in that order.

Learn as much as possible from every situation you encounter so you can put it to use in the future.

It's always a struggle and not always easy to practice what I preach. Especially on a message board where I sometimes
write some mean stuff. Having to deal with one's ego is always a struggle for every human being.

I think there's something to reincarnation and we might have a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) chance at life and living it. And
I think there is life after after death that we'll all experience it no matter what we believe.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#7 : November 09, 2008, 03:25:03 PM

I believe in the Golden Rule--Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  I'm a vegetarian, so I don't kill animals. 
Discernment, insight, wisdom, enlightenment.  Meditation.

Buddha said:
Life is a journey.
Death is a return to earth.
The universe is like an inn.
The passing years are like dust.
Regard this phantom world
As a star at dawn, a bubble in a stream,
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp - a phantom - and a dream.

kmitchell

Starter

#8 : November 09, 2008, 03:44:11 PM

To an individual, every action and thought is a subconscious attempt for reproduction. Reproduction is the ultimate goal of human beings, and that is the only goal that lasts beyond our lifetime.

Politically, all governments are corrupt and only wish to enhance their power and money. IMHO.

Moral righteousness is the best trait a person can have.

firefall

Second String

#9 : November 09, 2008, 04:06:22 PM

My dog is a frisbetarian.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 09, 2008, 04:10:28 PM

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 09, 2008, 04:17:33 PM

I believe in the Golden Rule--Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  I'm a vegetarian, so I don't kill animals. 
Discernment, insight, wisdom, enlightenment.  Meditation.

Buddha said:
Life is a journey.
Death is a return to earth.
The universe is like an inn.
The passing years are like dust.
Regard this phantom world
As a star at dawn, a bubble in a stream,
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp - a phantom - and a dream.

sound like an Oregonian

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 09, 2008, 04:20:27 PM

I believe family and friends should look out for each other... not the govt.

I think we should keep the govt out of our lifes as much as we can.

I believe a nation is better, when the people have to stuggle for themselves in hard times then depend on a crutch.

Stratobuc

Starter
#13 : November 10, 2008, 08:23:31 PM

My dog is a frisbetarian.

All dogs go to heaven...
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is your worldview? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools