Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I can't figure out what band makes me want to rip the radio out of my car more!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 09, 2008, 11:16:42 AM

You do know Cold Play have been one of the top selling bands in the world for few years?  Is changing the channel too hard?

top selling bands does not always equal good music...

Maybe not but to does equate to popularity which means a boat load of people do like them. 

same can be said about the jonas brothers and hannah montana...

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 09, 2008, 11:21:16 AM

You do know Cold Play have been one of the top selling bands in the world for few years?  Is changing the channel too hard?

Maybe not but to does equate to popularity which means a boat load of people do like them. 

Difference is Cold Play have done it for close to a decade and their target audience is a little older and less fickle.  Very poor example Turbo.

Its real easy, if you don't like a group or musical genre don't listen.  You wouldn't catch me listening to Country Music, its not hard to find another channel.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 09, 2008, 11:24:25 AM

You do know Cold Play have been one of the top selling bands in the world for few years? Is changing the channel too hard?

Difference is Cold Play have done it for close to a decade and their target audience is a little older and less fickle. Very poor example Turbo.

Its real easy, if you don't like a group or musical genre don't listen. You wouldn't catch me listening to Country Music, its not hard to find another channel.

not a poor example at all...  you said top selling bands = popularity = a lot of people like them.  Jonas Brothers and Hanah fit that exact mold.

Cold Play has not been a "popular" band for almost a decade, maybe the last few years, once they hit the airwaves.

My example was dead on, you just want to argue.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 09, 2008, 11:29:47 AM

Their first album Parachutes was a huge success throughout the world, and it was release in 2000.  They may not of hit the US airways until more recently BUT the US isn't the global music industry.

BTW - the acts you mentioned aren't even bands in my eyes.  They are manufactured groups for the kiddie markets.  Flash in the pan throw away crap.

gruber

Pro Bowler

#19 : November 09, 2008, 11:30:45 AM

mjs go knit yourself a pair of shorts. J/k

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 09, 2008, 01:04:17 PM

BTW - the acts you mentioned aren't even bands in my eyes.  They are manufactured groups for the kiddie markets.  Flash in the pan throw away crap.

agreed, but they ARE popular...

;)

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I can't figure out what band makes me want to rip the radio out of my car more!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools