Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Thanks Bush. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: November 09, 2008, 07:25:23 PM

People blamed you for high gas prices, Id like to thank you then for low gas prices. Glad its 2.00 a gallon.

Atleast you had common sense to open domestic drilling up, unlike this new guy we have. You know we cant run are cars on mcdonalds overnight and that you cant force everyone on public transit.

I had a lot of differences with you, and probably wouldnt have voted for you in 04 if I could go back, but you had common sense on this issue. Thanks W!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 10, 2008, 10:53:23 PM

Yea that's me the blind democrat.  And you don't see the spin?  Really - from the Al queda interpretation - c'mon man.  Do I think more should have been done - in retrospect yes.  But this country (ours) is very careful about its' image and how it projects itself.  And I think that hampers what should be clear and unmistakeable messages.  But the US is what it is, suffering from self image - wanting approval for whatever forced our hand. 

Hogwash.  Want to say Bush is a weanie - I am with ya, want to say Clinton missed when he had chances - you betcha.  Want to say both parties don't spin their asses off trying to make points - well you lose me there. 

So spinning is the past time - poor results are excused away. 

For me - if you are going to use the military - give them the task - let them get the result, apoligize for any "collateral" damage.  Folks forgive and forget - especially if one is successful.  For politicans - they just don't work that way - unfortunately.  BUT - make the damned decision - JMVHO

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Snook

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 10, 2008, 08:30:10 AM

W reads this board?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 10, 2008, 08:35:25 AM

W reads this board?

Of course he does...dude this is political central.  The Pirates Cove is being talked about all over the internet.  I'm sure hits have skyrocketed since all of the new political pundits have found a suitable place to start their grass roots changing of America.  Some good stuff in here boss...Stay tuned... [banghead]

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 10, 2008, 10:05:30 AM

Cyber's posts are the most read on the net.

How many people on here actually blamed GW for the oil prices? Anybody have any quotes? I thought they
were blaming the greedy oil companies?

Snook

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 10, 2008, 10:42:44 AM

Speculators.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#6 : November 10, 2008, 10:51:16 AM

W reads this board?

W reads?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 10, 2008, 10:52:13 AM

W reads this board?

W reads?

LOL, if I'd have posted that, which I almost did, I'd have been wrong...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 10, 2008, 10:55:47 AM

People blamed you for high gas prices, Id like to thank you then for low gas prices. Glad its 2.00 a gallon.

Improved prices is a sign of confidence in the incoming administration. Thank's President-Elect Obama and Vice President Elect Biden!

THUMBS UP!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 10, 2008, 10:56:16 AM

Not me, I blamed all that on Gruden.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 10, 2008, 11:37:30 AM

Improved prices is a sign of confidence in the incoming administration. Thank's President-Elect Obama and Vice President Elect Biden!

THUMBS UP!

I think it's more a product of a bad economy, lower demand and falling oil prices. By keep up the great PR work.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 10, 2008, 11:47:14 AM

it sure wasn't from Bush who has been sitting on this thumb for the last year - clueless about anything.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 10, 2008, 02:24:17 PM

I told my wife in 2000 to expect much higher gas prices. It didn't happen 'til after 9/11, but it did happen. Gas prices went down for the election, in hopes of not hurting the Republican candidate. The election is over. You can expect a return to high prices shortly. The Bush family made it's fortune in Saudi Arabia. They still have influence there.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 10, 2008, 06:17:38 PM

Amazing how gas all of the sudden went down just before the elections.  Bush is just that "bush".  He is by far one of the WORST Presidents of all-time.  What has he accomplished compared to what harm he has done and it is not even close.  Clinton was one of the BEST of all time so I hope Obama cures us of 16 years of stupidity (daddy for eight and junior trying to fix daddy's mistakes).  I called this thing (gas going down) a year ago.

firefall

Second String

#14 : November 10, 2008, 06:21:14 PM

Amazing how gas all of the sudden went down just before the elections. Bush is just that "bush". He is by far one of the WORST Presidents of all-time. What has he accomplished compared to what harm he has done and it is not even close. Clinton was one of the BEST of all time so I hope Obama cures us of 16 years of stupidity (daddy for eight and junior trying to fix daddy's mistakes). I called this thing (gas going down) a year ago.
Exactly.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Thanks Bush. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools