Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jets released CB Justin Miller « previous next »
Page: 1

Stretchcaddy

Starter

: November 11, 2008, 03:39:50 PM

i know he has alot of speed, any takers????

TY LAW PRACTICES, JETS CUT JUSTIN MILLER
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 11, 2008, 2:13 p.m. EST
The New York Jets’ latest acquisition has begun practicing with the team, and a former Pro Bowler has lost his job to make room for Law on the roster.

Cornerback Ty Law, who signed with the Jets yesterday, practiced with the team today after signing a one-year contract and passing a physical.

Jets coach Eric Mangini said “there’s definitely a chance” Law could play Thursday against the New England Patriots. Law played his first 10 seasons in the league in New England.

To make room for Law on the 53-man roster, the Jets released cornerback Justin Miller. Once among the best kick returners in football, Miller was chosen to the Pro Bowl in 2006, but he has played in just one game this season.

noopy2237

Starter
#1 : November 11, 2008, 03:40:47 PM

What is actually wrong with Justin Miller?

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 11, 2008, 03:42:33 PM

He's been injured for several weeks and inactive (foot/toe)

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 11, 2008, 04:04:29 PM

From 2007:

Jets' Miller arrested for allegedly hitting woman at club

Jets cornerback Justin Miller was arrested early Sunday and charged with third-degree misdemeanor assault after he allegedly punched a woman in a New York City nightclub.

Miller was apprehended after a police chase at 4:20 a.m.

Police said Miller was swinging at a man, but hit the woman after the man ducked. The woman has a laceration on her face and swelling and pain in her knee.

"I want to apologize to everyone for this situation, including my family, my teammates, the Jets organization, our fans and the entire NFL," Miller said in a statement released on Sunday. "I understand that serving in the NFL is an honor and that I have an obligation to behave in a manner that reflects the privilege I have been given."

The Jets are evaluating the situation and plan to get the commissioner's office involved.

"We expect our players to adhere to the highest standards of conduct off the field and take any allegation of personal misconduct very seriously," the team said in a statement on Sunday. "We are in the process of gathering information, and have notified the commissioner -- in light of the NFL's new conduct policy. Until we've had an opportunity to review all the facts we will refrain from further comment."

Miller made the AFC Pro Bowl roster as a kick returner and was the Jets' lone representative in Hawaii. He averaged 28.3 yards per kick return in 2006 and had two return touchdowns.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2876896

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 11, 2008, 04:21:31 PM

From 2007:

Jets' Miller arrested for allegedly hitting woman at club

Jets cornerback Justin Miller was arrested early Sunday and charged with third-degree misdemeanor assault after he allegedly punched a woman in a New York City nightclub.

Miller was apprehended after a police chase at 4:20 a.m.

Police said Miller was swinging at a man, but hit the woman after the man ducked. The woman has a laceration on her face and swelling and pain in her knee.

"I want to apologize to everyone for this situation, including my family, my teammates, the Jets organization, our fans and the entire NFL," Miller said in a statement released on Sunday. "I understand that serving in the NFL is an honor and that I have an obligation to behave in a manner that reflects the privilege I have been given."

The Jets are evaluating the situation and plan to get the commissioner's office involved.

"We expect our players to adhere to the highest standards of conduct off the field and take any allegation of personal misconduct very seriously," the team said in a statement on Sunday. "We are in the process of gathering information, and have notified the commissioner -- in light of the NFL's new conduct policy. Until we've had an opportunity to review all the facts we will refrain from further comment."

Miller made the AFC Pro Bowl roster as a kick returner and was the Jets' lone representative in Hawaii. He averaged 28.3 yards per kick return in 2006 and had two return touchdowns.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2876896

vick is worse...

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 11, 2008, 04:54:54 PM

He's worth a look and could probably be more talented than Elbert Mack.

However, if he's hurt then there is no need to add him.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 11, 2008, 05:11:03 PM

i really liked him coming out of clemson.  but its hard to sign an injured player and then have to cut one of our guys to make room for him.  maybe keep an eye him and sign him during the offseason.

12thbuc

Starter

#7 : November 11, 2008, 05:28:06 PM

he is very fast and could upgrade our return game.

Xbox live: throesch
MSNM: naplesbuc@live.com

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 11, 2008, 06:48:31 PM

Today more people are dying in Obama district in Chicago then american troops in Iraq. Get out of Chicago NOT IRAQ!

How about we pull troops out of Iraq and put them in Chicago?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 11, 2008, 06:49:16 PM

Depends on his injury.  He's a FA after this season, so it's not like we'd have a guarantee on keeping him.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 11, 2008, 06:53:11 PM

Today more people are dying in Obama district in Chicago then american troops in Iraq. Get out of Chicago NOT IRAQ!

damn, that's exactly what I was going to post in regards to that retarded sig line

12thbuc

Starter

#11 : November 11, 2008, 08:58:40 PM

damn, that's exactly what I was going to post in regards to that retarded sig line
you forgot to add IMO, because IMO i like it.

Xbox live: throesch
MSNM: naplesbuc@live.com
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jets released CB Justin Miller « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools