Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Update: Surprising Turnabout on Prop. 8 by Attorney General Brown « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 34

Snook

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 12, 2008, 11:42:03 AM

I have never seen a couple, gay or straight, walking around with a giant banner-sized Marriage Cert. so barring that how does the legal status of an already existing relationship affect society?

Good point.  The funny visual created is a bonus.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 12, 2008, 11:53:34 AM

Hey, if gay marriage is legalized, what's to stop humans from marrying apes?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 12, 2008, 12:09:21 PM

Hey, if gay marriage is legalized, what's to stop humans from marrying apes?

The Human and Lower Species Exclusion Act of 5026.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 12, 2008, 12:13:53 PM

Personally, I'd stick with Nova.

She is good looking and she can't speak, the perfect woman!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 12, 2008, 12:29:50 PM

I had a big crush on Nova back then. Still do.

JG, I think people are intimidated by your ability to debate so well. I know I am. I can't hold a candle to your
knowledge base and reasoning ability. But I'll still attempt to debate you on any issue where I have an
opinion.

But I don't expect too many to take you on with this subject. I just can't think of any rational/logical reason to
keep same sex couples from marrying. And i don't think anybody else can either. Maybe I'm wrong.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 12, 2008, 01:06:21 PM

I would like to hear one rational, logical reason why two people using a word to describe their relationship would be insulting.

Well, to be blunt, I don't have to be rational or logical;  I don't even have to justify my opinion. Personally I don't fine it insulting, I just do not like it. I have tried to explain my reasons in the past but it goes in one ear and out the other. In return I have been referred to as a bigot, homophobe, backward and closed minded so I am not going to bother. If it comes to a vote I will vote against it, unless like a couple of weeks ago supporters or man/woman marriage try to slip it into the Constitution.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 12, 2008, 01:08:08 PM

How in the world can ANYONE say that this is remotely okay?!  If homosexuals want to be homosexuals, then go ahead, that is their right, but to force society to accept their lifestyle is wrong and should not take place.  Just being allowed to be gay isn't enough, they want to adopt children and raise them to be gay, and want to teach it as an optional lifestyle to heterosexual children so they might jump ship and become gay as well.  They want to legalize marriage in order to force corporate America and government to allow them the same privileges that are allowed married heterosexual couples, insurance, retirement, etc. So I guess if enough people come out of the closet and tell people that they are pedophiles, that we should accept the fact that they want to marry an 8 year old??  Why aren't any of you homosexual supporters standing in line to show some love to the likes of Warren Jeffs and others that say it is okay to marry children?  Afterall, they are born that way and we should accept them?!
It's incredible to me that we are even having a serious discussion of whether a man should be able to legally marry another man in this country!?  As a Christian it does nothing but convince me that we are in fact living in the last days before the return of Christ.  We are seeing prophecy fulfilled before our very eyes, and this situation with men becoming lovers of themselves was prophecied.  This is so much more of an issue of just letting people show their love towards one another......

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 12, 2008, 01:09:42 PM

Joe, I could care less if John was the next Solomon, he is entitled to his opinion as each one of us are.  The debate is to whether we are going to change society in order to please a wrong minority. 

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 12, 2008, 01:12:46 PM

Joe, I could care less if John was the next Solomon, he is entitled to his opinion as each one of us are.  The debate is to whether we are going to change society in order to please a wrong minority.

Weren't Christians a minority back in the Roman Empire days?

Snook

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 12, 2008, 01:14:40 PM

Do unto others as you would have done unto you...unless the other person is gay.

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#40 : November 12, 2008, 01:18:03 PM

...time to get the popcorn ;)

Snook

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 12, 2008, 01:24:39 PM

How in the world can ANYONE say that this is remotely okay?! �If homosexuals want to be homosexuals, then go ahead, that is their right, but to force society to accept their lifestyle is wrong and should not take place. �Just being allowed to be gay isn't enough, they want to adopt children and raise them to be gay, and want to teach it as an optional lifestyle to heterosexual children so they might jump ship and become gay as well. �They want to legalize marriage in order to force corporate America and government to allow them the same privileges that are allowed married heterosexual couples, insurance, retirement, etc. So I guess if enough people come out of the closet and tell people that they are pedophiles, that we should accept the fact that they want to marry an 8 year old?? �Why aren't any of you homosexual supporters standing in line to show some love to the likes of Warren Jeffs and others that say it is okay to marry children? �Afterall, they are born that way and we should accept them?!
It's incredible to me that we are even having a serious discussion of whether a man should be able to legally marry another man in this country!? �As a Christian it does nothing but convince me that we are in fact living in the last days before the return of Christ. �We are seeing prophecy fulfilled before our very eyes, and this situation with men becoming lovers of themselves was prophecied. �This is so much more of an issue of just letting people show their love towards one another......

I might actually agree with your argument about marriage except our society has already pissed all over marriage with its overall casual attitude towards it.  I'd respect those protesting gay marriages if they spent the same amount of time chastising heterosexual people who get divorces.

Oh -- and as for raising kids, our heterosexual society isn't doing such a great job there either.  Most kids are downright disrespectful these days.  And I don't think there's many gay people forcing their adopted children to be gay.  

As for comparing homosexuals to pedophiles - that's pretty ridiculous.  One is a criminal that takes advantage of a CHILD.  The other is a person who is sexually attracted to a member the opposite sex who seeks a union between TWO consenting parties. 

And can you link me up to that "men becoming lovers" prophecy?  

Dash Riprock

Starter

#42 : November 12, 2008, 01:25:29 PM

Now that Joe is done with gay marriage he can pick up the torch for MANBLA.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 12, 2008, 01:26:50 PM

...time to get the popcorn ;)

I already have mine.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 12, 2008, 01:31:39 PM

BTW, men were lovers long before our current time. Same with women. And some of those same sex couples were married.

Guess the end of the world was back then too.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 34
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Update: Surprising Turnabout on Prop. 8 by Attorney General Brown « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools