Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Update: Surprising Turnabout on Prop. 8 by Attorney General Brown « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 32 33 34

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#495 : June 08, 2009, 09:27:38 PM

Here is my take on this:

Wow - talk about slippery slopes - you seem like the angry monkeys that are caught by hunters.

See, monkeys are so greedy that they won't let go of a supposed "treat" even if there lives are on the line.

Let me 'splain:

The way tribal hunters catch monkeys is that they take a coconut, cut the top off and fill it with the monkey's favorite nut.

When the monkey comes down to investigate - he sticks both "hands" into two coconuts to get the nuts - the hunters then jump out and surprise the monkey - who takes off for the tree's (here come the part that reminds me of your argument).

The greedy little monkey can't escape into the trees because he won't let go of the rights, nuts he's just won found.

Our society has shown that minorities can gain special status by achieving "rights" - so it is in the best interest to make it look like you are victim so you can reap the rewards.

These men and women have rights as Americans - they want special status because of the way they (deviantly) have sex.

Hows the slope where your standing? 'cuz my "care" meter us low and my coconuts are empty.

JK, that is WT's take....it just seems more appropriate for this thread.

Actually - thank you for re-typing my post and taking the trouble to post it here - as you will find.

My thoughts on ethics and morality - won't change regardless of whether we're talking about ethics, politics, religion...

I'm very consistent - and you're right I am amazed at the the intelligence and logic expressed in my post - I must needs add my compendium, also from that thread...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

LFO

Hall of Famer

#496 : June 08, 2009, 10:11:15 PM

Here is my take on this:

Wow - talk about slippery slopes - you seem like the angry monkeys that are caught by hunters.

See, monkeys are so greedy that they won't let go of a supposed "treat" even if there lives are on the line.

Let me 'splain:

The way tribal hunters catch monkeys is that they take a coconut, cut the top off and fill it with the monkey's favorite nut.

When the monkey comes down to investigate - he sticks both "hands" into two coconuts to get the nuts - the hunters then jump out and surprise the monkey - who takes off for the tree's (here come the part that reminds me of your argument).

The greedy little monkey can't escape into the trees because he won't let go of the rights, nuts he's just won found.

Our society has shown that minorities can gain special status by achieving "rights" - so it is in the best interest to make it look like you are victim so you can reap the rewards.

These men and women have rights as Americans - they want special status because of the way they (deviantly) have sex.

Hows the slope where your standing? 'cuz my "care" meter us low and my coconuts are empty.

JK, that is WT's take....it just seems more appropriate for this thread.

Actually - thank you for re-typing my post and taking the trouble to post it here - as you will find.

My thoughts on ethics and morality - won't change regardless of whether we're talking about ethics, politics, religion...

I'm very consistent - and you're right I am amazed at the the intelligence and logic expressed in my post - I must needs add my compendium, also from that thread...

Haha, yeah, cut and paste, it was amazing.  I think it fits better here.

The intelligence and logic is expressed most in that last statement I put in bold.....

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#497 : June 08, 2009, 10:15:57 PM

Compendium to the wonderful post that LFO copied here:

Men (and women) who have rights of ownership simply because they are American men (and women), but now they want a special classification so they can legally disobey our law countermand the need for the old morality - because the new one (where society accepts deviant behavior as normal) - our morality is defined by social mores and norms that derive from  (the common) morality.

Why should we give up the mores and norms of this civilization because a few deviants want MORE access to goodies than the rest of us? Especially when these deviants base their entire claim for additional protection due to the way they have sex?

The monkey is mans nature - which left to himself tends toward corruption. When their is no morality - which is the basis for law - man is left to his own desires. We see many examples of what happens when an immorality is allowed to be pursued unabated.

Now, you certainly can attempt to make a deviant behavior appear "normal" - but in the end you're up to your knuckles in coconuts.

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 ... 32 33 34
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Update: Surprising Turnabout on Prop. 8 by Attorney General Brown « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools