Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson will be shut down « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JC510

Practice Squad

#45 : November 18, 2008, 10:19:29 AM

You realize he had 0 carries in the 4th qtr right?

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#46 : November 18, 2008, 10:22:36 AM

The Bucs defense adjusted for sure in the second half but let's not overvalue something that wasn't there.

Peterson had 3 touches in the second half. Part of that was the D. Part of that was the Offense hanging on to the ball. Part of that was the Vikes inexcusably taking him off the field as often as they did.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#47 : November 18, 2008, 10:43:21 AM

Compared to 150+ and a few scores, I'd say he was definitely shut down.

If an average back ran for 85 yards, not good, but AP is the best back in the league

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#48 : November 18, 2008, 11:17:07 AM

You realize he had 0 carries in the 4th qtr right?
Bucs time of posession, the lead all contributed to that.

You lose this argument no matter how you try to spin it.  Get over your groin lust for AP, and go to www.Vikings.com...they need more of you #28 jock huggers over there.

AP got shut down.  No matter what you say, he did not have a good game.  He had one big run of 22 yards.  After that, he basically was a non-factor anyway.  Maybe Childress saw something in that?  Hmmm...

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#49 : November 18, 2008, 06:22:17 PM

I thought the Vikes coaching staff would try to get him more carries. Im shocked they didnt

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#50 : November 18, 2008, 08:00:44 PM

I thought the Vikes coaching staff would try to get him more carries. Im shocked they didnt
Well he had no carries in the fourth, and barely sniffed the ball in the third.

Oh yeah, the BUcs had the ball almost the entire second half.  No time for Peterson personal stats this Sunday.  After his 22 yard scamper, he was basically reduced to being quite average.

FanSince79

Second String

#51 : November 19, 2008, 12:40:53 AM

The bucs did exactly what I thought they would to counter Peterson...they took the ball on offense and put together some long drives.  I hate the red
zone problems more than anyone, but Ill take an 8 minute drive that ends in 3 points any day of the year!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson will be shut down « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools