Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You've got to be kidding me.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#30 : November 14, 2008, 03:17:36 PM

Everybody is not cut out for parenthood and this is a perfect example of why abortions should never be made illegal ....
Please don't go there.

Â  Why, because it makes sense?  If abortion is made illegal, you will have a hundred times more messed up parenting incindints than you see here. This is childs play compared to illegal abortion.

How about proper use of birth control?  Not that I'm clamoring for abortion to be made illegal, but let's put the blame where it belongs.

Â  The same religious folks who are against abortion areagainst birth control as well. You should ask them.  Birth control obviously makes sense, but many kids are too dumb or irresponsible to use it. The dumbest people in society are reproducing the most, and the social welfare they inevitably use burdens us all.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 14, 2008, 03:19:34 PM

Here's one story...

http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081114/LOCAL03/811140259/1002/LOCAL
I didn't see any adequate reasoning in that article.

Indiana can't take proper care of her child, so she abandons him in Nebraska?

How about SHE take proper care of her child?

I'm sure there are plenty of same sex couples who would be willing to adopt these kids.
I'm sure there are plenty of couples/families willing to adopt them. No need to add in the "same sex" part.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#32 : November 14, 2008, 03:24:08 PM

Everybody is not cut out for parenthood and this is a perfect example of why abortions should never be made illegal ....
Please don't go there.

Why, because it makes sense? If abortion is made illegal, you will have a hundred times more messed up parenting incindints than you see here. This is childs play compared to illegal abortion.
There is no excuse for killing an innocent life.

That's why we won't go there.

Â  Thats why you abort it before it becomes a viable life.  I know religious folks want to control the bodies of women and force them to have children, but civil liberties trump religious nonsense. In my opinion, our society should be having more abortions while legalizing physician assisted suicde as well. The world is overpopulated, we need to cut the numbers down.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 14, 2008, 03:28:32 PM

Please don't go there.

Why, because it makes sense?  If abortion is made illegal, you will have a hundred times more messed up parenting incindints than you see here. This is childs play compared to illegal abortion.

How about proper use of birth control?  Not that I'm clamoring for abortion to be made illegal, but let's put the blame where it belongs.

The same religious folks who are against abortion areagainst birth control as well. You should ask them.  Birth control obviously makes sense, but many kids are too dumb or irresponsible to use it. The dumbest people in society are reproducing the most, and the social welfare they inevitably use burdens us all.

This makes no sense what so ever especially in the context of this thread.

If people are that dumb that they can not or will not use birth control, then maybe mandatory neutering is in order.

Either way how about holding the people responsible for their actions instead of blaming society or killing an innocent life.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 14, 2008, 04:59:49 PM

Please don't go there.

Why, because it makes sense?  If abortion is made illegal, you will have a hundred times more messed up parenting incindints than you see here. This is childs play compared to illegal abortion.

Do you and BBB realize the 18 year old girl in this article WAS ADOPTED?

How exactly does an adopting parent ABORT the adopted child?

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 14, 2008, 05:26:14 PM

Please don't go there.

Which means she was dumped twice .... Doesn't really change my opinion.

How exactly does an adopting parent ABORT the adopted child?

The mother was running out of more than patience when she abandoned her 18-year-old daughter at a hospital over the weekend under Nebraska's safe-haven law.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 14, 2008, 05:31:26 PM

Please don't go there.

Her biological mother died.

The woman said her daughter had been diagnosed with a mental illness when she was 12 and had deep psychological scars from childhood abuse and from being left alone with her dead biological mother for a week.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 14, 2008, 05:37:12 PM

Here's one story...

http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081114/LOCAL03/811140259/1002/LOCAL

I'm sure there are plenty of same sex couples who would be willing to adopt these kids.
I'm sure there are plenty of couples/families willing to adopt them. No need to add in the "same sex" part.

With some, everything is about gays, gay marraige, etc...  Some people here seem a bit obsessed actually...

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 14, 2008, 05:41:12 PM

I want to know how a parent abandons a 15-18 year old. i mean, they know where you live. They'll just catch a ride back home and sneak in the back.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#39 : November 14, 2008, 06:30:44 PM

Do you criticizers of the dropping-off parents have teenage children?  If your kids are still eight years old and perfect,  you can't understand the stress of raising teens in this society in this time period.  Talk to me in in seven or eight years.

Many public schools are absolute jokes, and the kids can just skip or leave anytime anyway.  Parents living in poor neighborhoods with no family to back them up have it very tough.  There are gangs and drug dealers luring their children, and once the kid gets addicted to meth, crack, pain pills, liquor, or whatever else, the parents can't reach them anymore. If they don't have decent health insurance, they can't get the kid rehab or mental health services.   Plus the parents are probably working two crappy jobs to make ends meet and are exhausted.

I am lucky enough to live in a nice neighborhood with a support system, and still know parents who have 'lost' their kids to drugs, stripping, stealing, jail, etc.  One seventeen-year old boy died overdosed on a **CENSORED**tail of prescription drugs.  These are normal parents who work hard and love their children. 

I have two teenagers, the older of which will be twenty this month.  My husband and I always try to be there to listen to them, to understand and guide them, and so far the kids, while not perfect, are doing well.  The stresses are there for them, though.  It's not like when we were teens.  It's really not.  So don't judge these parents; while some are probably irresponsible idiots, some are no doubt desperately trying to save their child's life.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 14, 2008, 06:39:17 PM

Please don't go there.

The woman said her daughter had been diagnosed with a mental illness when she was 12 and had deep psychological scars from childhood abuse and from being left alone with her dead biological mother for a week.

I'll shut up now ...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 14, 2008, 06:55:39 PM

Here's one story...

Didn't say there was adequate reasoning now did I? Stop making assumptions.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 14, 2008, 06:57:15 PM

Here's one story...

With some, everything is about gays, gay marraige, etc...  Some people here seem a bit obsessed actually...

That was a semi-joke.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 14, 2008, 06:59:50 PM

So don't judge these parents; while some are probably irresponsible idiots, some are no doubt desperately trying to save their child's life.

We're on the same wavelength lately. If we're both ever divorced at the same time, look me up.

;)

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#44 : November 14, 2008, 07:02:06 PM

Please don't go there.

Â  Why, because it makes sense?  If abortion is made illegal, you will have a hundred times more messed up parenting incindints than you see here. This is childs play compared to illegal abortion.

I'll shut up now ...

lol, good come back.   ;D
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You've got to be kidding me.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools