Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Frerotte dismisses report of rift with teammates « previous next »
Page: 1

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

: November 13, 2008, 01:06:23 PM

Get the dissension started early Sunday... ;)

Vikings quarterback Gus Frerotte dismissed an in-game report from Fox Sports during Sunday's game against the Green Bay Packers.

Fox Sports reporter Pam Oliver relayed to analyst Troy Aikman that after his third interception against the Packers — returned 59 yards for a touchdown by safety Nick Collins — that Frerotte was tuned out by offensive teammates as he tried to encourage them.

It wasn't clear what point in the game Oliver was referring to because the Vikings had consecutive possessions at the end of the third quarter thanks to a 65-yard punt return touchdown by Will Blackmon that gave the Packers a 24-21 lead.

Oliver provided her report coming out of a commercial break at the start of the fourth quarter.

"Before the Vikings' offense took the field, Gus Frerotte tried to round up his guys and tried to give them a pep talk. But I noticed that only two people bothered to listen," she said during the telecast. "Frerotte has refused to get down on himself because of his mistakes. But I can see a few of his offensive teammates are starting to show frustration at the way the offense has stalled."

Asked Wednesday if he noticed any frustration from offensive teammates, Frerotte said, "No.

"I never got that sense," he said. "And I was more mad at myself than anyone else could be at me."

Running back Adrian Peterson and the Vikings' defense dominated the game, yet Frerotte's three interceptions helped the Packers take a lead into the fourth quarter.

Frerotte said he was comfortable Sunday.

"If you look at it, it's basically just three plays," he said. "Three plays that put a damper on some great things that we did. I look at it, watch the film, and (if) you take those three plays out we did a lot of good things, but you can't take them out of the game.

"We had a lot of people (involved), no blame game," he said. "That's how we all work and that's how we all play together. That's why we've been so successful, because we're all winning together."

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_10969422

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 13, 2008, 01:10:08 PM

all that matters is the W, right?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 13, 2008, 01:12:48 PM

Gus is there for the taking, must take AP out of the game

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 13, 2008, 01:41:25 PM

These sideline reporters are a waste of time.  More often than not, they look and sound clueless and take away from the game on the field.  Who cares what Pam Oliver thinks, assumes or speculates.

Warthog

Pro Bowler

#4 : November 13, 2008, 06:31:59 PM

If the Vikings had a better QB, I would be very worried about this game.  As it is, anything good that AP does stands a good chance of being erased by Gus Frerotte.

I leave at first light, headed North. Well do I recognize that I did not cover myself in glory. But never did I dream that for my failures I would be exiled. - the diary of Gen. L. P. McCown

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 13, 2008, 09:08:41 PM

These sideline reporters are a waste of time. More often than not, they look and sound clueless and take away from the game on the field. Who cares what Pam Oliver thinks, assumes or speculates.

Gotta agree with that

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 13, 2008, 10:54:48 PM

Sounds like some games we won with Griese.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 14, 2008, 10:10:38 AM

These sideline reporters are a waste of time. More often than not, they look and sound clueless and take away from the game on the field. Who cares what Pam Oliver thinks, assumes or speculates.

Gotta agree with that

Yeah like what is Pam doing trying to stir the pot? Just stand there, look hot and relay the injury news as and when it comes.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Frerotte dismisses report of rift with teammates « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools