Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offense just got a lot better :) « previous next »
Page: 1 2

benir0

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 13, 2008, 10:37:20 AM

A less than 100% Caddy makes us better?

I'm not even sure that a 100% Caddy makes us any better...

I understand.  But he's not coming in as the starter.  He's replacing Michael Bennett.  In that sense, the upside DOES indeed make us a better team.  Maybe not "a lot" better.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 13, 2008, 11:58:58 AM

I agree Askew coming back is huge.

As for Caddy, he will be inactive until Dunn or Graham are forced to miss games.  Then he will take on the tough task of being Michael Bennett.

Its will be nice to see Caddy on the sidelines with the team in uniform, but they aren't going to rush him into things when they have the 11th ranked rushing attack

blitz

Pro Bowler
#17 : November 13, 2008, 08:27:52 PM

Do NOT try to run on Minny.   If you think Carnell will have a breakout game forget it.   You beat the Vikings in the air.  Period.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 13, 2008, 10:42:37 PM

I agree Askew coming back is huge.

As for Caddy, he will be inactive until Dunn or Graham are forced to miss games.  Then he will take on the tough task of being Michael Bennett.

Its will be nice to see Caddy on the sidelines with the team in uniform, but they aren't going to rush him into things when they have the 11th ranked rushing attack
You realize him being inactive means he won't be "on the sidelines with the team in uniform" right? So which one is it?

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 13, 2008, 10:44:47 PM

a 100% Askew is more important than a 100% Caddy right now IMO.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#20 : November 13, 2008, 11:34:34 PM

im not sure that caddy will get a lot of the carries since Graham and Dunn have been here doin their jobs well. Caddy should get a look or two, but I bet they give Clifton Smith more touches than they do caddy.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 14, 2008, 12:03:12 AM

im not sure that caddy will get a lot of the carries since Graham and Dunn have been here doin their jobs well. Caddy should get a look or two, but I bet they give Clifton Smith more touches than they do caddy.
so four running backs getting carries then? lol... against the Minne D? negative.

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#22 : November 14, 2008, 12:39:03 AM

clap your hands if you believe Caddy can play well...

i believe.

If the rest of you want to be down heads, okay. I choose to wish him the wind at his back and see him 100% and playing his heart out and confounding his critics.

You didn't think he was great before? Give it a rest. Let the kid have all our wishes for him and the team and clear sailing...its better than being a sour puss all the time about Caddy.

You feeling me Hate? lol.

kmitchell

Starter

#23 : November 14, 2008, 12:52:42 AM

I think a lot of you guys are underestimating Cadillac's running abilities. He averaged only 3.9 YPC, but that was with a much weaker O line than what it is at right now. I could see Cadillac averaging ~4.5 YPC which is pretty good when he comes back.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#24 : November 14, 2008, 02:36:00 AM

Did I type that?
This made me lol

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 14, 2008, 10:24:47 AM

I think a lot of you guys are underestimating Cadillac's running abilities. He averaged only 3.9 YPC, but that was with a much weaker O line than what it is at right now. I could see Cadillac averaging ~4.5 YPC which is pretty good when he comes back.

In 2007, Carnell carried 54 times and averaged his usual 3.8 YPC (which is even skewed, because he had a "let's get the half over with" run against the Seahawks for 20 yards).  Graham carried 222 times for 4.0 YPC.  Pittman carried 68 times for 4.2 YPC.  Bennett carried 41 times for 4.6 YPC.

It's basic football knowledge that states a yards-per-carry total will usually decrease when a back is given more carries; so -- in theory -- I would've expected 5th overall, lightning-in-a-bottle Cadillac Williams (in his third season) to average something like... 4.5 or 4.6 yards per carry with only 54 attempts.

The point I'm making is a cynical one:

When he was healthy, Carnell Williams's downfall was his hesitation in the backfield.  I just don't see how suffering a debilitating knee injury is going to help his fundamentals any.  I'm not as optimistic about his return as most.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 14, 2008, 11:04:16 AM

I don't think the poster said anything about Caddy. He said Askew was coming back.

actually, he said ALL OUR RBs...

look it up!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 14, 2008, 11:07:20 AM

a 100% Askew is more important than a 100% Caddy right now IMO.

you hit that one the head man!

agreed!

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 14, 2008, 11:14:36 AM

Askew makes us go in the running game. How about getting a 4 person wildcat going with Askew, Dunn, Graham and Caddy. Send Garcia deep!

obuc

Starter

#29 : November 14, 2008, 11:31:14 AM

the real danger here isnt caddy running or not, its caddy fumbling or not as he isnt used to taking a real hit. you can bet they will try to get him to cough up the ball or strip it. Plus he has never been a receiver and if you cant do that with our shortage of wideouts, your a detriment on the field.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offense just got a lot better :) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools