Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The bright side? « previous next »
Page: 1

: October 12, 2006, 04:01:00 PM

Time for a look on the bright side of last week.

1. Gradkowski...obviously.
2. Running game
3. O-line in general.  They did MUCH better than could've been expected.  Pass protection looked good.  Trueblood over-performed for a first start.  Run block actually worked.
4. Number of yards surrendered in the second half? 76.  Nice.  Which brings me to...
5. Kalvin Pearson.  He needs to play.  I'm not sure that we have an answer at UT right now, but with Kalvin Pearson out there, things worked better.

Question: if we make one more special teams tackle, what are people talking about right now?  G-Kow and a dominant second-half performance by the D.

One more tackle of Delhomme the week before, we're 2-2 and thinking about the playoffs again. (I know, I know, we didn't...I'm talking bright side, here, folks!)

Let's step back, take a deep breath and look forward to a good game on Sun.

Post sunny thoughts and happy musings here.   ;D

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#1 : October 12, 2006, 04:04:01 PM

I don't hink it was becasue of Pearson that the defense suddenly got better. Kiffen and Gruden probably just gave them hell in the locker room during half time.

#2 : October 12, 2006, 04:07:56 PM

I don't hink it was becasue of Pearson that the defense suddenly got better. Kiffen and Gruden probably just gave them hell in the locker room during half time.

Yeah, but you can't deny that KP was the solid tackler that we are accustomed to having at that position.  I heard Deumig asay that Jermaine Phillips has missed 21 tackles so far this year...Whiskey...Tango...Foxtrot...?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 12, 2006, 04:10:06 PM

Trueblood needs to be a bit more stoudt in the run game we were still having problems running to the right...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#4 : October 12, 2006, 04:14:03 PM

Trueblood needs to be a bit more stoudt in the run game we were still having problems running to the right...

Agreed.  His height seems to work against him a bit in that regard.  I think he's moving in the right direction, though...and how about what should've been #6 on my list: AD?  I think he's turning into a bona fide good quality starter.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 12, 2006, 04:16:27 PM

Agreed. His height seems to work against him a bit in that regard. I think he's moving in the right direction, though...and how about what should've been #6 on my list: AD? I think he's turning into a bona fide good quality starter.

Don't let Dalbuc hear you say that... ;D

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 12, 2006, 04:27:49 PM

Check the run/pass play balance. We're in the games where we have some sort of equality, we have no chance where we lean too heavily on the pass..

And as good as Gradkowski looked, if he were to throw twice as much as we ran, we'd be in deep doodoo..

CoachEricTaylor

Starter

#7 : October 12, 2006, 04:39:23 PM

With Trueblood people need to remember that he moved from left to RT. As a rookie going up against Charles Grant, first NFL start, I think he did very well. Can only get better...that should be number 6 on your list!

:: CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS, CAN\'T LOSE ::

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#8 : October 12, 2006, 04:51:02 PM

there are a few bright spots, but the defense needs to play a complete game for us to have a chance to win.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The bright side? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools