Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow! I hope this woman has Geico « previous next »
Page: 1 2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 16, 2008, 05:06:35 PM

The standard of driving in the US is generally poor.  Drivers take getting a license for granted and it is far too easy to pass the driving test. 

and it is different in other countries, or is this unique to US drivers only?

c'mon man...

Relying on automatic shifts is an American thing for sure.  When you learn in a shift AND the driving test is really a "test", young drivers get off to a much better start than most kids in the US.

I did a quick google, and this is the first link that came back, and I agree 100%:

http://www.eslbee.com/contrast_stick_shift_or_automatic.htm

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 16, 2008, 06:18:34 PM

Manual transmissions should be left to the truckers and professional race car drivers. Giving a kid a manual transmission takes a hand off the wheel and increases accidents.

Car companies need to learn if they are going to make a profit they should stop charging a 1000+ bucks to have an automatic transmission. It should be standard in my opinion.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 16, 2008, 06:39:05 PM

Manual transmissions should be left to the truckers and professional race car drivers. Giving a kid a manual transmission takes a hand off the wheel and increases accidents.

I couldn't disagree more, and the stats totally contradict your opinion.  Everyone should learn to drive in a shift, they teach so much about driving than automatics.  Basically learning to drive with auto and power steering teaches you to be lazy and you never develop real driving skill.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 16, 2008, 06:57:56 PM

Interesting.   I learned with a stick shift and didn't own an automatic until I had already been driving a good number of years.   Maybe that's why I haven't had any insurance claims.   :)

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 16, 2008, 07:55:01 PM

The guy with the red cap never saw it coming...that stand by the door goes flying and knocks him off his feet, his hat goes flying. Then he gets up and runs like hell...

Yeah the woman is obviously drunk or something. Her reaction time was horrible. She's lucky that, (at least it appears) that no one was hurt.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 16, 2008, 08:00:41 PM

Yeah the woman is obviously drunk or something. Her reaction time was horrible. She's lucky that, (at least it appears) that no one was hurt.

She may have been drunk but what happened isn't so uncommon.  When people do silly things they panic and often hit the accelerator and continue pressing in the mist of panic.

Funny video though.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 16, 2008, 08:58:15 PM

You see how fat that woman was?    I think her blubber might have caused the accident.   Maybe somehow her stomach was pushing the accelerator.

RudeGuy

Starter

#22 : November 17, 2008, 01:27:42 AM

You see how fat that woman was? I think her blubber might have caused the accident. Maybe somehow her stomach was pushing the accelerator.

She was of average size IMO. You must be around some skinny Indo chicks. ;D

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#23 : November 17, 2008, 12:46:51 PM

American women are fat, for the most part.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 17, 2008, 06:30:15 PM

Seeing as how someone brought up good ol' Geic. Save up 15% on your car insurance by calling 1-800-342-9070. Use promotional code 127853 :)

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow! I hope this woman has Geico « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools