Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs thoughs on the Vikings game. « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: November 16, 2008, 05:40:49 PM

This is going to be a test for sure for the Bucs interior three offensive lineman. The Williams boys inside for the Vikings are one of the best DT tandems in the league. If the Bucs havent figured out a way to correct the ground game on first and second down early in football games it is going to be a very long and highly contested day for Donald Penn as he will have another huge test against a top tier pass rushing defensive end in Jared Allen who has been heating up lately and now is up to 8 sacks on the season.

The defense is going to have to out grit the Vikings massive offensive line to be able to stop Peterson and force the Vikings into 2 and long and 3rd and long situations to be able to have a chance at winning this football game. I expect Adams and White to have a big day in the pass rush department if the Bucs can force or limit the effectiveness of Peterson as Ferrotte will end up being a sitting duck should the team be able to derail Peterson and the ground game.

The above quote is from earlier in the week on the PI board from me.

The good from the game was won in the trenches on both sides of the football. The biggest thing was the Bucs running right into the teeth of the Vikings defense and gaining over 95 yards up the middle on a team that has allowed a total of 72 yards all season up the middle.

The Buccaneers front seven against Peterson did a remarkable job for the most part, and only gave up the one big play of 22 yards. He averaged 3.5 yards per carry on his other 18 carries. kudos to the defense after the debacle in Kansas City before the bye.

Intermediate passing game was finally a nice site to see, works wonders keeping opposing defenses honest. Running game while on the surface it wasnt spectacular they went with it enough to keep the Vikings defense honest.

Michael Clayton not sure why he is not getting more looks in the passing game, but he is making some tough catches look fairly easy.

Not sure why Garcia does it, but he has got a pair of the happiest feet I have ever seen on any quarterback in the NFL. Even when there is no need to run out of the pocket he still does which causes him to run himself into unnecessary trouble, but managed to find some open players and like that he took his own advice and took a few chances down the field.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 16, 2008, 05:49:22 PM

I hate the happy feet but looks like they been doing fire drills in practice so the linemen can get used to it.  Was very noticable to see them with their head on a swivel as Garcia fled the poket, a couple of times unnecessarily, IMO.  But it worked so like in aother thread, I aint trippin until it hurts us...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 16, 2008, 07:06:34 PM

I hate the happy feet but looks like they been doing fire drills in practice so the linemen can get used to it. Was very noticable to see them with their head on a swivel as Garcia fled the poket, a couple of times unnecessarily, IMO. But it worked so like in aother thread, I aint trippin until it hurts us...

Garcia was jumping around with perfect pass pro, drove me crazy

cslother

Second String
#3 : November 16, 2008, 07:07:34 PM

I agree that Clayton should be getting some more touches.  I'd like to see some more quick slants and such that put him in position to make plays with the ball in his hands.  And how bout a red zone shot?!?!?!

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 16, 2008, 07:10:51 PM

How about running him deep a few times?

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#5 : November 16, 2008, 07:15:14 PM

well we sure handled those Williams boys....did you see that stat they showed?  we had more rushing yards up the middle than all other teams combined this year.  gotta give it to the O-Line this game, they played great.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 16, 2008, 07:16:10 PM

if we play average against a good team, does that mean we played average, or great?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs thoughs on the Vikings game. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools