Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow, we get no respect « previous next »
Page: 1 2

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#15 : November 17, 2008, 09:08:38 AM

Who cares? The team is winning games and last time I checked that's all that really matters.

You guys take this "no respect" thing way too far. It's almost as though there aren't 31 other teams in the NFL who get coverage as well.

RideInMyChevy

Second String

#16 : November 17, 2008, 09:40:28 AM

We stopped AP from having a good game. 

He didn't have a good game? Seemed to run over the team on almost every play. The guy is awesome. Best RB in the league.
After his 1st drive he started falling backwards, not forwards. We did something to him a lot of other teams didn't do, we punished him.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 17, 2008, 10:10:10 AM

No mention of stopping AD on the half time show tonight, more coverage on the reversed TD in Pitt. Sad

Are you kidding? Look at this board and the idiots who post on it after a win and you want respect from the national media?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 17, 2008, 10:14:04 AM

The Bucs don't deserve respect. They play down to their competition and never play a lights out game (except for the Caro game) against a very good team.

The Bucs should have blasted the Vikings yesterday, blasted them. Instead it's a close game all the way through.

If this team could solve the redzone offense it honeslty would be an elite team in the league. They get to the red zone more than any other team.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 17, 2008, 10:39:00 AM

The Bucs should have blasted the Vikings yesterday, blasted them. Instead it's a close game all the way through.

I disagree with this premise.  You think that the Vikings aren't very good and that the Bucs are a superior team and hence should have won by 14+ points?  Is that correct?  That's what I get from "... blasted them."  If so, I have to disagree with you because the Bucs win because of their defense.  When you do that, every game is close.  Add to the fact that we only have a decent pass game and a nice run game against a team who stops the run week in a week out... ALL indications are that this should have been, as it was, a very close game.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 17, 2008, 10:43:49 AM

I disagree with this premise.  You think that the Vikings aren't very good and that the Bucs are a superior team and hence should have won by 14+ points?  Is that correct?  That's what I get from "... blasted them."  If so, I have to disagree with you because the Bucs win because of their defense.  When you do that, every game is close.  Add to the fact that we only have a decent pass game and a nice run game against a team who stops the run week in a week out... ALL indications are that this should have been, as it was, a very close game.

5 trips to the redzone and you come away with 1 TD? Hell, if they get two more TD's this game is over. Yes, I think the Bucs should have blasted the Vikings not because of the Vikings but because of the Bucs potential.

No reason for that game to be close, this O needs to improve in a hurry.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 17, 2008, 10:53:26 AM

I disagree with this premise. You think that the Vikings aren't very good and that the Bucs are a superior team and hence should have won by 14+ points? Is that correct? That's what I get from "... blasted them." If so, I have to disagree with you because the Bucs win because of their defense. When you do that, every game is close. Add to the fact that we only have a decent pass game and a nice run game against a team who stops the run week in a week out... ALL indications are that this should have been, as it was, a very close game.

5 trips to the redzone and you come away with 1 TD? Hell, if they get two more TD's this game is over. Yes, I think the Bucs should have blasted the Vikings not because of the Vikings but because of the Bucs potential.

No reason for that game to be close, this O needs to improve in a hurry.

Your arguements are similar to mine but we see things differently.  I see Capt'n FG as a mediocre to bad QB who can't generate TD drives with regularity.  Combine that with the fact that the Vikings force teams to pass because their run defense is so great, you get a low scoring/close game because the Bucs would only be able to generate 3 points and not 7 on scoring drives.  You feel that the offense should put more points on the board but the fact is, they can't.  Garcia is a not a very good QB and FG's are the result.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 17, 2008, 11:00:24 AM

Can't argue with that.

It's all on Garcia. As good as he's been between the 20's he has been that horrid in the RZ.

Bryant better have his kicking leg warmed up for the Lions

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 17, 2008, 11:22:30 AM

It's all on Garcia. As good as he's been between the 20's he has been that horrid in the RZ.

Perfectly said.

Bryant better have his kicking leg warmed up for the Lions

That's why he's the only Buc on any of my fantasy teams... LOL

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#24 : November 17, 2008, 11:40:05 AM

people ask for the Bucs to get national respect, they only thing they don't realize is that every time the Bucs DO get national respect they end up losing or playing horrible

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 17, 2008, 12:24:07 PM

That reversed TD is pretty big news considering the effect it had on the gambling community and fantasy footballers everywhere....including me unfortunately.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#26 : November 17, 2008, 01:03:20 PM

I think the stat of getting to the red zone more then anyone else (actually I think before yesterday we were somewhere around 5th but I could be wrong) is skewed by the fact that we rarely score from outside of it either. Other teams that score more then us, but have less red zone visits, probably have a fair amount more 20+ yard TDs. We just grind our way down the field, get inside the 20 and... field goal.

I think Bryant is close to having more field goals already, then he had all of last year. That is disturbing.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow, we get no respect « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools