Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Cassel? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

nickerson56

Starter
#30 : November 15, 2008, 02:17:01 PM

Cassel would be a bad choice in my opinion.  Although he doesnt throw it to Moss, defenses still account for #81 out on the field and it gives Cassel looks he wouldnt normally have.  You take away Moss and this guy will look super average. 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 16, 2008, 02:37:44 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Matt Cassel-QB- Patriots Nov. 16 - 1:32 pm et

According to NFL Network's Adam Schefter, Matt Cassel will likely be seeking a deal similar Aaron Rodgers' when he hits the free agent market next spring.

Rodgers got $65 million over six years from Green Bay. While Cassel has played well by taking what the defense has given him, he is not in Rodgers' caliber and won't be worth that much. Schefter also suggests that Cassel could go wherever Patriots OC Josh McDaniels goes to be a head coach.
Source: NFL.com 

#32 : November 16, 2008, 04:06:42 PM

Say what you want about the team around Cassel. But he has no run game to help him, so what he is doing is great.

#33 : November 16, 2008, 04:19:12 PM

Is the media's flavor of the week.   

Love that :01 second shot to Moss...

But...  still....

#34 : November 17, 2008, 07:07:05 AM

At first thought I saw him as a Free Agent and thought, well he is doing great this season

Then I remember Rob Johnson and Scott Mitchell who both had similar success in mop up roles based on QB injuries and thought that we better say pass and stick to a guy who knows the offense already
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Cassel? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools