Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: GRAHAM, HAYES COULD BE OUT FOR THE SEASON « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#150 : November 17, 2008, 05:20:22 PM

okay so imagine now if caddy plays in detroit and reinjures himself on the turf...what then oh faithful gruden-ites?

Ruining a young man's career wouldn't sit well with me.

Lets hope he stays healthy.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#151 : November 17, 2008, 05:26:43 PM

okay so imagine now if caddy plays in detroit and reinjures himself on the turf...what then oh faithful gruden-ites?

W T F are you two talking about?

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#152 : November 17, 2008, 05:59:24 PM

You wanna go with stats...
30 year onld Bennett has a 1.7 YPC this year with a long of 4 yards
23 year old rookie Smith has a 5.4 YPC this year.
while we are skewing the stats...you might want to mention that smith is fumbling ONCE every FIVE offensive touches while bennett has ZERO fumbles.
That's not skewing the stats, nothing was altered.
The fact is most coaches (and myself) would rather take the young guy that does something with the ball and has potential, then work on his ball security than have an oldish, never was that has failed everywhere he's been.
Losing Bennett means absolutely nothing to the Bucs because he flat out stinks, the only reason he's bouncing around the league instead of taking orders at Burger King is because he's fast and has a name due to being a 1st rounder. He had potential when drafted but all these years of sucking just mean he's a bust.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#153 : November 17, 2008, 07:30:02 PM

The fact is most coaches (and myself) would rather take the young guy that does something with the ball and has potential, then work on his ball security than have an oldish, never was that has failed everywhere he's been.

you know, that almost sounds like the garcia vs mccown comparison.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#154 : November 17, 2008, 08:38:18 PM

W T F are you two talking about?

all i'm saying is the circumstances around carnell's being added to the roster don't make sense and unnecessarily put him in the crosshairs now that graham has injured his ankle. hopefully i'm eating crow next monday but i'm a bit uneasy about the way this is playing out so far.

RudeGuy

Starter

#155 : November 26, 2008, 11:38:38 PM

Why do you cut a healthy RB who's shown the ability to be a playmaking RB, a veteran who's spent the offseason learining the playbook, who performed well in TC(I was there and saw it)and a RB who performed well in PS?  Especially when your feature back is hurting, the next guy has a ton of miles on him and is also hurting.  This was a VERY bad decision, I don't think you can debate it wasn't, and be honest about it.

The problem I have with the move to let Bennett go is that Smith keeps putting the ball on the ground. I really like Smith's running style, but he needs to hold the ball up high and tight. Maybe Tiki can give him some tips. I hear we have a contact on the team.

I was only half joking when I said maybe Tiki could give him some tips, but he revealed tonight on Bay News 9 that Ronde put him on the phone with Tiki for a little talk about the fumble problems.  ;D

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#156 : November 27, 2008, 12:46:40 AM

Clifton will be fine...........love his style.  Great find.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#157 : November 27, 2008, 02:10:27 AM

you know, that almost sounds like the garcia vs mccown comparison.

Except that Garcia has proven himself in a couple of different towns, Bennett has done zero in the league.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#158 : November 27, 2008, 02:17:01 AM

Since 2002 that is.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: GRAHAM, HAYES COULD BE OUT FOR THE SEASON « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools