Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: GRAHAM, HAYES COULD BE OUT FOR THE SEASON « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #30 : November 17, 2008, 11:44:34 AM »

Grudens arrogance may finally cost him.  The Bennet cut was absolutely assinine.

LOL

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #31 : November 17, 2008, 11:46:04 AM »

The team clearly didnt think the guy was worth a crap. He had a undrafted rookie ahead of him on the depth chart. Hes sitting as a third again in SD isnt he?

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

« #32 : November 17, 2008, 11:46:14 AM »

Grudens arrogance may finally cost him.  The Bennet cut was absolutely assinine.

The Bennett manlove on this board is absolutely assinine.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #33 : November 17, 2008, 11:48:15 AM »

The bottom line, imo, is that he'd managed to work himself behind Clifton Smith on the depth chart.  If the team takes a turn for the worse, I'm just wholly skeptical that cutting Bennett will have been a major factor in it.

We have no evidence pointing either way whether Bennett was doing good/poorly in practices.  But what we have seen of Clifton thus far is that he is a rookie with ball security issues and very little knowledge of the playbook.  

I am not buying the argument that Smith was higher than Bennett on the depth chart because he was better, experienced running back.  Only reason is that he has value as a returner.  That's it.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
« #34 : November 17, 2008, 11:50:54 AM »

Why do you cut a healthy RB who's shown the ability to be a playmaking RB, a veteran who's spent the offseason learining the playbook, who performed well in TC(I was there and saw it)and a RB who performed well in PS?  Especially when your feature back is hurting, the next guy has a ton of miles on him and is also hurting.  This was a VERY bad decision, I don't think you can debate it wasn't, and be honest about it.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #35 : November 17, 2008, 11:52:33 AM »

Why do you cut a healthy RB who's shown the ability to be a playmaking RB, a veteran who's spent the offseason learining the playbook, who performed well in TC(I was there and saw it)and a RB who performed well in PS?  Especially when your feature back is hurting, the next guy has a ton of miles on him and is also hurting.  This was a VERY bad decision, I don't think you can debate it wasn't, and be honest about it.

I hope Carnell hasn't been rushed back as well, and truly is ready to play.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

« #36 : November 17, 2008, 11:52:24 AM »

This was a VERY bad decision, I don't think you can debate it wasn't, and be honest about it.

If we lose out the rest of the season b/c our RB's can't contribute on game day, maybe then we'll return to this

ryan24

Hall of Famer

« #37 : November 17, 2008, 11:52:45 AM »

When graham started yesterday, was he at 100% or rushed from the injury? I would've preferred to see cadillac if EG wasn't at 100%.

Graham wasn't 100% and I believe that he was rushed back into the lineup. If you sustain an injury the likelyhood of worsening the injury or indirectly causing another new injury on another portion of the body exponentialy increases.

But expect many to dispute this.

Yeah....it was pretty reasonable to expect Pat Williams to lay on Graham's ankle. It was obviously an injury caused by the previous injury to Graham's knee on the first play of the game.

Another good call ADW.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

« #38 : November 17, 2008, 11:53:40 AM »

Grudens arrogance may finally cost him.  The Bennet cut was absolutely assinine.

The Bennett manlove on this board is absolutely assinine.

It's almost pathological.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #39 : November 17, 2008, 11:54:19 AM »

It's a sham Gruden couldn't look into his crystal ball and foresee the Graham injury.

A SHAM I tell you.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

« #40 : November 17, 2008, 11:57:52 AM »

The team clearly didnt think the guy was worth a crap. He had a undrafted rookie ahead of him on the depth chart. Hes sitting as a third again in SD isnt he?

He's likely #4 at RB behind LT, Sproles and Jacob Hester.

RudeGuy

Starter

« #41 : November 17, 2008, 12:00:08 PM »

The problem I have with the move to let Bennett go is that Smith keeps putting the ball on the ground. I really like Smith's running style, but he needs to hold the ball up high and tight. Maybe Tiki can give him some tips. I hear we have a contact on the team.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #42 : November 17, 2008, 12:00:24 PM »

I am not buying the argument that Smith was higher than Bennett on the depth chart because he was better, experienced running back.  Only reason is that he has value as a returner.  That's it.

Bennett's being unable or unwilling to contribute on special teams isn't exactly to his credit either.  If he were REALLY all that and a bag of chips, you'd think he'd have been able to find a way to help out there, especially once Jackson was pulled.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #43 : November 17, 2008, 12:01:24 PM »

Ryan 24

I will keep bringing the logical arguments while you keep bringing the snipes.  Fine by me.

SunnD

Bucs are responsible to not put a player out there if they are not ready, and also obtain/use players that can contribute short term until a player is ready to return.  Rushing Graham back wasn't a good idea, and I am not thrilled they rushed Carnell back as well.

Lets hope Carnell is ready.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #44 : November 17, 2008, 12:03:30 PM »

I am not buying the argument that Smith was higher than Bennett on the depth chart because he was better, experienced running back.  Only reason is that he has value as a returner.  That's it.

Bennett's being unable or unwilling to contribute on special teams isn't exactly to his credit either.  If he were REALLY all that and a bag of chips, you'd think he'd have been able to find a way to help out there, especially once Jackson was pulled.

Bennett did participate on special teams while active.  Whether he was productive or not on special teams given the little time he had is debatable.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: GRAHAM, HAYES COULD BE OUT FOR THE SEASON « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools