Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McNabb in Tampa??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15

MBF

Hall of Famer

: February 16, 2010, 12:06:36 PM

Gruden should've gotten McNabb a couple of seasons ago.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 16, 2010, 03:13:21 PM

Personally, I don't see the Bucs making a move AT ALL with the QB position.  I think they'll pay Leftwich simply because any QB they bring in... whether it be McNabb, Pennington, or Jason Campbell... all 3 are better than Freeman.  How can you justify losing with Freeman when you'd have a QB at least 5 times better than him on your bench?  Unless the Bucs go out and get Carr, Jackson, or  Boller, I don't see them letting Leftwich go.  I think that the 3 (4 if you count Carpenter), QB's that are on the roster now, will be the one's on the team in training camp.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 16, 2010, 03:15:58 PM

Then again... since some people here seem to think that Freeman is better than every other QB in this draft, why don't the Bucs give the Eagles pick #42 (?), for McNabb and trade Freeman to Seattle for the #6 and #40 pick.  Then the Bucs would have picks #3, 6, 35, and 40.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : February 16, 2010, 08:08:37 AM

Yep, no one in the Buc's organization is talking about him being #2.

McNabb isn't worth giving up our future, even if Freeman ends up being a flop.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#4 : February 16, 2010, 07:56:45 AM

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
It's hard to see this coming to fruition, but the team does need a quarterback if the club's contention that current starter Josh Freeman is a long-term No. 2 quarterback is accurate.
http://www.nesn.com/2010/02/potential-destinations-for-eagles-quarterback-donovan-mcnabb.html

Huh? Whoever wrote that is an idiot, to say the least.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#5 : February 16, 2010, 06:01:23 AM

Eagles Quarterback Donovan McNabb Likely to Be Traded
by Evan Brunell on Feb 15, 2010 7:55:38 PM

Donovan McNabb The Donovan McNabb trade rumors just keep on heating up. On SportsCenter Live Monday, ESPN's Adam Schefter said that it would not surprise him to see McNabb traded this offseason.

The 33-year-old McNabb has been the subject of trade rumors for a while now, with additional ESPN personalities Sal Paolantonio and John Clayton chipping in with their thoughts on a possible McNabb trade.

If McNabb was to be traded, the Eagles would hold a competition between disgraced Falcon Michael Vick and youngster Kevin Kolb for the quarterback position. Trade rumors also surround Vick as well: Reports have surfaced that Vick has been assured that he will be dealt prior to the NFL Draft on April 22.

Some teams that may be interested in McNabb include:

Arizona Cardinals
The Cardinals are losing their starting quarterback to retirement. Kurt Warner is hanging it up at age 38, and the club is not sold on former first-round pick Matt Leinart. Perhaps McNabb is the answer.

Denver Broncos
The Broncos denied an earlier report by the Denver Post that they were having discussions about acquiring McNabb. Their current quarterback is Kyle Orton, acquired prior to the 2009 season from Chicago in the Jay Cutler trade.

Minnesota Vikings
Brett Favre's retirement figures to be a major topic yet again this season. If he elects to retire or the team elects to move on, they'll have a gaping hole at quarterback. Filling it with McNabb wouldn't be the worst idea.

St. Louis Rams
The Rams are ready to move on from incumbent Marc Bulger, and they are considered to be the favorite to land Vick. Could talks about Vick move over to McNabb? If there is no trade, the Rams may use their No. 1 pick in the draft to select a quarterback, likely Oklahoma's Sam Bradford.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
It's hard to see this coming to fruition, but the team does need a quarterback if the club's contention that current starter Josh Freeman is a long-term No. 2 quarterback is accurate.

Washington Redskins
The Jason Campbell era looks to be over regardless of a McNabb trade. If Philadelphia was willing to trade to a division rival, new coach Mike Shanahan would love to have McNabb in his West Coast offense.

The NFL trading period opens on March 5.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/02/potential-destinations-for-eagles-quarterback-donovan-mcnabb.html

MilkmanDan

Second String

#6 : February 16, 2010, 05:04:06 PM

Then again... since some people here seem to think that Freeman is better than every other QB in this draft, why don't the Bucs give the Eagles pick #42 (?), for McNabb and trade Freeman to Seattle for the #6 and #40 pick.  Then the Bucs would have picks #3, 6, 35, and 40.
Because Seattle would never, ever, ever do that, in any circumstances whatsoever?

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 25, 2008, 12:37:01 PM

I'm going to go puke now.... I just can't take the pressure of this thread.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

swirless

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 17, 2008, 12:25:21 PM

Should we look at him next year as an option at QB?

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20081117_Ashley_Fox___McNabb_s_reign_likely_is_over.html

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 17, 2008, 12:29:44 PM

I hope not.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 17, 2008, 12:30:09 PM

We'd be fools not to.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 17, 2008, 12:32:01 PM

If McNabb gets released/is up for trade, I'm 100% the Bucs will make a strong push to acquire him. Whether that would be a good thing I'm not totally sure, he's playing like crap at the moment.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 17, 2008, 12:34:18 PM

McNabb's an injury-prone crybaby in his 10th season. Fools? If we pursue him we WOULD be fools.

In Verner We Trust

swirless

Pro Bowler

#13 : November 17, 2008, 12:34:34 PM

The guy is hated in Philly, and he had a terrible game this week and now they want him gone, I think he would be a good fit down here, I believe they have hated him ever since their superbowl run and they took TO's side

Regardless if the buc's end up winning the Super Bowl this year with Garcia, Garcia is up there in age and the bucs should take a look in McNabb's direction, I am guessing the Bears may take a look, the Vikings will take a look, based on hometown and familiarity with the viking's coach, but hope he wants to come here

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 17, 2008, 12:36:46 PM

The guy is hated in Philly, and he had a terrible game this week and now they want him gone, I think he would be a good fit down here, I believe they have hated him ever since their superbowl run and they took TO's side

Regardless if the buc's end up winning the Super Bowl this year with Garcia, Garcia is up there in age and the bucs should take a look in McNabb's direction, I am guessing the Bears may take a look, the Vikings will take a look, based on hometown and familiarity with the viking's coach, but hope he wants to come here

With the emergence of Kyle Orton I doubt that Chicago would try to get him, but the Vikings certainly would.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McNabb in Tampa??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools