Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McNabb in Tampa??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 17, 2008, 02:31:23 PM

Anybody that thinks the team shouldn't consider McNabb is crazy.  He is better than any QB we have on this roster and has the experience to get immediate trust form the HC.  He has spent time in a system that is very similar to the one ran here and played very well in it.  We are going to say no because he was injured for a few seasons.  Since his injury he has not been the running QB he was and is playing the posistion far better.  McBann would be the ideal QB for this team for the next 4-5 years or longer. 

McNabb would also be a better player out of the pressure filled city of Phily.  The fans in that town are the worst anywhere.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 17, 2008, 02:42:20 PM

McNabb>Garcia

Seriously.

If we can be 7-3 with Garcia, imagine what we could do with Mc.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 17, 2008, 02:45:34 PM

McNabb>Garcia

Seriously.

5-4-1?

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#33 : November 17, 2008, 02:47:51 PM

Id like McNabb here. I think he could return to top form with Gruden as his coach. Plus much better weapons here than in Philly and he can throw the deep ball.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 17, 2008, 02:50:17 PM

McNabb>Garcia

Seriously.

5-4-1?

So you're on the "Garcia is better than McNabb train"?

acacius

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 17, 2008, 02:52:13 PM

Id like McNabb here. I think he could return to top form with Gruden as his coach. Plus much better weapons here than in Philly and he can throw the deep ball.

I'm inclined to think that McNabb would be a hugely positive addition for the bucs, but I'm not at all certain I'd buy that we have much better weapons on offense than the Eagles.  At least, not when Westbrook is healthy.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 17, 2008, 02:53:46 PM

CINCINNATI - Bengals cornerback Johnathan Joseph didn't care that the Eagles had the fourth-best scoring offense in the NFL entering yesterday's game. He didn't care that Donovan McNabb had thrown for 2,372 yards, fourth-best in the league, and had tossed only five interceptions in 324 attempts this season.

The Bengals - coming off a bye - had 2 weeks to prepare for the Eagles' offensive attack, and when Joseph finally saw McNabb and his receivers in person, he knew what was coming much of the time.

Certainly, nothing the Eagles threw at Cincinnati threw Joseph for a loss. Forget the statistics. He knew much of the game plan.

"From watching film, other teams in the league have been successful against them," said Joseph, who recorded one of the three Bengals interceptions and tallied three pass defenses during the 13-13 tie. "They may have a lot of yards or whatever, but teams have been successful getting them off the field. They have tendencies you can pick up on and you have a good idea of what's going on."

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/20081117_Bengals_cornerback_observes_that_Eagles__game_plan_is_predictable.html

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 17, 2008, 02:54:12 PM

Badabing is on the crazy train.  While you record is all that is important when considering your production for you own team it does not work so well when comparing players on two teams.  You can cont conclude that Garcia is a better QB then the QB's on every team with a worse record then the Bucs because that would make Garcia better then Manning.  Hell that would mean that Cassell is better then Manning.  

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 17, 2008, 02:55:04 PM

McNabb>Garcia

Seriously.

5-4-1?

So you're on the "Garcia is better than McNabb train"?

No.  Of course McNabb is more talented than Garcia, but that doesn't always mean he'd be a better fit.  I would welcome McNabb if he came here, but I am not sure I would want to give up the compensation to get him here as McNabb seems to be a choker.  Honestly, they have had some pretty talented teams in Philly and he just couldnt get the job done.  We do seem to be the team he struggles the most with, so hey maybe it be a good fit...but does Bruce Allen throw away top picks for him?  I am not so sure.

McNabb is a pipe dream and I'm telling you, you will be sick of him when he is smiling and laughing at the end of games after the team loses.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 17, 2008, 02:55:49 PM

Badabing is on the crazy train.  

His confidence/crush on his QB is on the rise... ;)

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 17, 2008, 02:56:11 PM

You guys are dreaming. He can't stay on the field. And when he does, he does just enough to blow it. This isn't mid-2002 anymore.
He's a choker.
Maybe you're the one dreaming.

You say draft a QB in R1 because it wont burden us for 2-3 years.  If we pick a QB in R1, its most likely a burden for 5 years, not 2 or 3.  And please tell me aside from OL the last few years, what gives you any confidence that given the chance to pick a QB, this FO wouldnt completely wiff on the pick?  Atleast with a vet FA, like you said, we'll pay him for 3 years, he'll play right away, then we'll find out right away wether hes gonna contribute or not.

If we draft a QB, you know Gru aint gonna start him yr 1.  He just wouldnt,  he "owes it" to the vets in his lockerroom to try and win now.  So, you draft a QB, need a 1-2 yr stopgap vet while the rook is learning.  Then, he comes in, and he'll get atleast a year to try and be the man.  Maybe 2.  So, if they wiff on the pick, we're gonna lose out on possibly 3-4 years of trying to acquire other available QBs, along with the time and money on the draft pick.

I would prefer that Gru tries to find a vet QB whos got something left in the tank... I dont have confidence in this regime to draft the right guy, and I think its obvious, reguardless of what anyone says, Gruden strongly "prefers" vets and is way better at communicating with them. The best thing would be to find A Vet FA QB from a WCO background, he could come right in and put us over the top.  If the FO thinks McNabb could get us over the hump, you make the move.

I'm not sure if McNabb is that guy... but if that guy is out there, you gotta get him

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 17, 2008, 02:59:27 PM

If it takes a 2nd to land Culpepper after a major knee injury, a 2nd to land AJ Feeley after 5 career starts, and two second round picks to land Matt Schaub after 1 career start, what on earth is going to take to land McNabb?

I'm thinking at least a 1st, a couple of seconds.  The Eagles ain't just going to give him away.  We are probably better off keeping Garcia, maybe signing another Vet QB to compete if they become available via free agency, rather than trade away our future for an injury prone, "I can care less about winning" 33 year old QB.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#42 : November 17, 2008, 03:12:10 PM

I'm inclined to think that McNabb would be a hugely positive addition for the bucs, but I'm not at all certain I'd buy that we have much better weapons on offense than the Eagles. At least, not when Westbrook is healthy.

Maybe not better, but he has more weapons here. Our WRs arnt as bad. I think the reason why our WRs havent been doing as well is because of our QB. Every one of our QBs since Johnson was here checked down to TEs, RBs, or had a favorite target. This year I think we have spread the ball around alot which is one of the reasons why we have been as successful as we have been on offense. The one thing we havent done on offense is that we havent gone downfield which we have a few guys who can do that. Also I thought that our red zone offense would be better this year for a few reasons. Our O-line is better and we have upgraded both our TEs and WRs. Our wide recievers not much but you have to admit that Bryant has stepped in nicely and Clayton has made some plays that he hasnt made since his rookie season.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 17, 2008, 03:18:00 PM

Imagine what the reaction in Tampa would be?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 17, 2008, 03:23:43 PM

Gruden absloutely loves this guy, has since D-Mac was in college.

I'm 150% in favor of bringing him here, he'd make our WR's look great.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McNabb in Tampa??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools