Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why arent people pissed about the most obvious « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

: November 17, 2008, 02:31:11 PM

fixed game I have ever seen from the NFL last night with PIT vs SD.  Im not gonna describe the play because I think most have seen it.  That, and I would vomit.

Not to mention, the desparity in penalties called... 13 for PIT... 2 for SD.  A TD called back in the fourth quarter on a hold. 

This is the most blatantly obvious fix pro sports has seen in some time and no one is making a big deal.  I wanna see Goodell's idiotic face on a podium as he tries to deny what we all saw with our own 2 eyes last night.  But hey, that blown call at the end of the game only saved vegas 30 MILLION bucks.  But the NFL can do no wrong... if this was NBA/MLB the fans would be going nuts.

NFL Fans, face it -- your sport is run by vegas and the mob.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 17, 2008, 02:32:08 PM

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20081117/news_1s17chnotes.html

loweredexpectations

Starter
#2 : November 17, 2008, 02:57:35 PM

well. im not going to stop watching football. what can you do?

of course its f***ed up. its a major market, someone's gonna dip there hand into it illegally.

at least it's NOT like MLB OR NBA @ this point. but i'd love to see those refs go down as well. that sure was something else. if the holding call wasn't enough, they blatantly ruined another touchdown that would have put pitt over the spread as well. pretty disgusting..

#3 : November 17, 2008, 02:57:40 PM

is it me, or have the refs gotten much worse in the last 5 years?   the refs are calling penalties, and not letting the teams just play.   the NFL front office really needs to tell the refs to not call penalties unless the infraction somehow affected the outcome of the play....  ie   blatant pass interference or holding a lineman...  a blantant personal foul.   the refs are deciding way too many games! 

And enough already with the protecting the QB...  theyre football players too, suck it up.   Bucs got called for a 15 yarder when someone's hand touched the QBs helmet...  there was no tackling involved...   then look at Garcia's mauling 5 seconds after the play ended...   its the NFLs job to close the gap between those two plays, since they had the same penalty.   in fact, the Garcia hit was much less, it was a 7 yard penalty and it injured our starting QB.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 17, 2008, 02:59:35 PM

The only reason to be upset if you lost money or fantasy points. The game was over regardless of that play.

buc5win

Starter

#5 : November 17, 2008, 03:01:05 PM

i won a grand on proline (Canadian sports gambling) yesterday so i cant complain.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 17, 2008, 03:01:16 PM

we all knew football was fixed after the 2005 playoff game against the Redskins.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 17, 2008, 03:02:35 PM

is it me, or have the refs gotten much worse in the last 5 years?   the refs are calling penalties, and not letting the teams just play.   the NFL front office really needs to tell the refs to not call penalties unless the infraction somehow affected the outcome of the play.... ie blatant pass interference or holding a lineman... a blantant personal foul. the refs are deciding way too many games!

And enough already with the protecting the QB...  theyre football players too, suck it up. Bucs got called for a 15 yarder when someone's hand touched the QBs helmet...  there was no tackling involved...   then look at Garcia's mauling 5 seconds after the play ended...   its the NFLs job to close the gap between those two plays, since they had the same penalty.   in fact, the Garcia hit was much less, it was a 7 yard penalty and it injured our starting QB.

The league going ticky tack and sissy is another thing all together.

This is a BLATANTLY clear case of officials having an agenda.  No 2 ways about it.

And to be honest wth you, i had SD.  The officials made me cash.... but it pisses me off because them making this so obvious is spitting in the fans face and laughing because they know nothing will get done.  The disreguard they have for the fans intelligence is downright disgusting but appearently justified because no one is making this into an outrage.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 17, 2008, 03:03:46 PM

The only reason to be upset if you lost money or fantasy points. The game was over regardless of that play.
you sound so clueless here its hilarious.

Sure, yesterday it didnt effect the wins and losses.  But they damn sure tried.  And whos to say next time it happens, it wont effect the end outcome?  How many games has it already decided?  Get with it.

#9 : November 17, 2008, 03:45:28 PM

if there is this conspiracy, I see it hurting the Bucs.   After the terrible ratings of the Rays world series...  I think the NFL and Vegas have no interest in seeing the Bucs in the Super Bowl. 

loweredexpectations

Starter
#10 : November 17, 2008, 03:46:51 PM

well it doesn't effect the W-L column. just hope you bet on the right side of the spread bud. ;)

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 17, 2008, 03:49:08 PM

well it doesn't effect the W-L column. just hope you bet on the right side of the spread bud. ;)
I already posted that I had the Chargers so the officials made me money. 

The point is legitimacy, and the games integrity.  Everyone went off the deep end for Roids because it damaged the games credibility... does this not do the same?

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 17, 2008, 03:47:34 PM

if there is this conspiracy, I see it hurting the Bucs. After the terrible ratings of the Rays world series... I think the NFL and Vegas have no interest in seeing the Bucs in the Super Bowl.
I'd think its much more likely that the issue is tainted officials ie Tim Donaghee more than a league mandated type of thing.  The NFL execs have no reason IMO to be crooked... officials on the other hand..

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 17, 2008, 04:00:26 PM

if there is this conspiracy, I see it hurting the Bucs. After the terrible ratings of the Rays world series... I think the NFL and Vegas have no interest in seeing the Bucs in the Super Bowl.

The World Series and the Super Bowl are two entirely different things.   If anything the Host Committee/Bay Area itself may have  a problem with the Bucs making the Super Bowl since it would negatively impact the community.   The NFL doesn't care all that much ... at least I doubt they care enough to fix games.

loweredexpectations

Starter
#14 : November 17, 2008, 04:06:02 PM

I already posted that I had the Chargers so the officials made me money. 

The point is legitimacy, and the games integrity.  Everyone went off the deep end for Roids because it damaged the games credibility... does this not do the same?

first off i was talking to florida native trying to be funny.

i don't want to get under your skin because i agree with you. i just don't have the heart to go to the lengths as you do. so i appreciate your efforts, believe me. sorry for the misunderstanding.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why arent people pissed about the most obvious « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools