Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why arent people pissed about the most obvious « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 17, 2008, 04:07:38 PM

no issues shootnfun, my statements are directed to the general audience, not you

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

loweredexpectations

Starter
#16 : November 17, 2008, 04:10:13 PM

no issues shootnfun, my statements are directed to the general audience, not you

i must have misunderstood when you pasted my quote.

scaredbunny

Second String

#17 : November 17, 2008, 04:44:18 PM

if there is this conspiracy, I see it hurting the Bucs.   After the terrible ratings of the Rays world series...  I think the NFL and Vegas have no interest in seeing the Bucs in the Super Bowl. 
I'm not so sure there wouldn't be interest. It would be the first team to be in the superbowl at their home stadium. But in general the media could care less about any team in the NFC South.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 17, 2008, 04:45:47 PM

The only reason to be upset if you lost money or fantasy points. The game was over regardless of that play.
you sound so clueless here its hilarious.

Sure, yesterday it didnt effect the wins and losses. But they damn sure tried. And whos to say next time it happens, it wont effect the end outcome? How many games has it already decided? Get with it.

What about the Broncos/Chargers game earlier this year? I didn't see you waxing on your soapbox when that happened and that one actually affected the standings.

Didn't bet on it?..

You can get with this.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 17, 2008, 04:51:34 PM

i must have misunderstood when you pasted my quote.

LOL

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 17, 2008, 04:53:24 PM

The only reason to be upset if you lost money or fantasy points. The game was over regardless of that play.

Sure, yesterday it didnt effect the wins and losses. But they damn sure tried. And whos to say next time it happens, it wont effect the end outcome? How many games has it already decided? Get with it.

What about the Broncos/Chargers game earlier this year? I didn't see you waxing on your soapbox when that happened and that one actually affected the standings.

Didn't bet on it?..

You can get with this.

Just because I didnt use this particular board as a forum doesnt mean I didnt have a strong opinion on it.  The only consistency here is that you're out of touch and your "bury my head in the sand" approach is the problem with these things.  Continue on as you were.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 17, 2008, 06:14:54 PM

Didn't bet on it?..

You can get with this.

Just because I didnt use this particular board as a forum doesnt mean I didnt have a strong opinion on it.  The only consistency here is that you're out of touch and your "bury my head in the sand" approach is the problem with these things.  Continue on as you were.

Whining about something that doesn't affect the standings is assinine. If it appears to you that I'm burying my head, perhaps it's because there was no effect on the outcome of the game except from a gambling standpoint.

You're wound a little too tight, I'd say. You really bet on Pittsburgh, didn't you? Go ahead, everybody can tell anyway. Nobody cries like that if they win a bet..

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 17, 2008, 07:27:47 PM

One of the laterals was passed forwards and so that's a penalty right? If that's the case, does the play immediately become dead as it seems the refs interpreted it in this case, or should it have gone through to the Polamalu scoop-n-score?

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Warthog

Pro Bowler

#23 : November 17, 2008, 08:13:58 PM

They call it gambling for a reason.

I leave at first light, headed North. Well do I recognize that I did not cover myself in glory. But never did I dream that for my failures I would be exiled. - the diary of Gen. L. P. McCown

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 17, 2008, 08:57:48 PM

I think that claiming the game has integrity is funny.  Officiating in this league has been an issue for over a decade.  And then there are the rules - and interpretations. 

This ain't new stuff - and the league can't be considered improving until they come up with Refs who are doing the job for a living - not a lark. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#25 : November 17, 2008, 10:53:53 PM

You probably believe in the JFK conspiracy also huh ICIT?

I laugh at people who think refs know the gambling line, know that their will be a fumble on the last play with no time left and think they can make an obvious bad call for the sake of making money. You got a couple screws loose

FanSince79

Second String

#26 : November 17, 2008, 11:38:13 PM

Im still ticked about the Bert Emmanual play

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 18, 2008, 12:24:34 AM

...I am still mad about the Edell Shep play...as well...

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 18, 2008, 05:37:50 AM

...I am still mad about the Edell Shep play...as well...

It was the right call, unfortunately. The End Zone itself can cause an incomplete pass.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 18, 2008, 09:56:43 AM

You probably believe in the JFK conspiracy also huh ICIT?

I laugh at people who think refs know the gambling line, know that their will be a fumble on the last play with no time left and think they can make an obvious bad call for the sake of making money. You got a couple screws loose
From the guy who didnt watch the game.  Again, its easier to just dismiss that as "it didnt happen" .  Ever heard of Tim Donaghee?  But that was a conspiracy too right?  These guys can be had, and some of them have gambling problems that are very real.  You laughing at the thought of the refs knowing the line makes me laugh at you because turn on any major sports talk show be it tv or radio on a friday before an NFL weekend and every host/analyst is picking games with spreads involved. 

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why arent people pissed about the most obvious « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools