Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why arent people pissed about the most obvious « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

buc5win

Starter

#30 : November 18, 2008, 10:49:59 AM

if there is this conspiracy, I see it hurting the Bucs.   After the terrible ratings of the Rays world series...  I think the NFL and Vegas have no interest in seeing the Bucs in the Super Bowl. 

I see it working in the Bucs favor. The news of a home team playing in the Super Bowl alone would be better than a Dallas and New England Super Bowl.

STERN11354

Starter

#31 : November 18, 2008, 11:47:07 AM

It was the right call, unfortunately. The End Zone itself can cause an incomplete pass.

The whole field, inbounds and outbounds, can cause an incomplete pass for that matter.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 18, 2008, 11:53:16 AM

Im still ticked about the Bert Emmanual play
...I am still mad about the Edell Shep play...as well...

How about the Simeon Rice "leaping" play?

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 19, 2008, 10:47:34 AM

Which one was that? I don't seem to remember...

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 19, 2008, 11:26:43 AM

The Indy meltdown on MNF in '03...

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 19, 2008, 11:30:47 AM

Heh, I don't blame you for blocking that one out of your memory.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 21, 2008, 10:00:20 AM

Nothing there to block out bro. Only been a Buc since '05.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 21, 2008, 10:01:28 AM

Our sport is not run by Vegas and the Mob don't be stupid

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 21, 2008, 10:03:04 AM

fixed game I have ever seen from the NFL last night with PIT vs SD.� Im not gonna describe the play because I think most have seen it.� That, and I would vomit.

Not to mention, the desparity in penalties called... 13 for PIT... 2 for SD.� A TD called back in the fourth quarter on a hold.�

This is the most blatantly obvious fix pro sports has seen in some time and no one is making a big deal.� I wanna see Goodell's idiotic face on a podium as he tries to deny what we all saw with our own 2 eyes last night.� But hey, that blown call at the end of the game only saved vegas 30 MILLION bucks.� But the NFL can do no wrong... if this was NBA/MLB the fans would be going nuts.

NFL Fans, face it -- your sport is run by vegas and the mob.

I don't gamble, thus I don't care. It seemed to be an inept decision by a poor official, nothing more.

VA_Buc30

Starter

#39 : November 21, 2008, 10:25:12 AM

we all knew football was fixed after the 2005 playoff game against the Redskins.

Gruden already knew games were fixed (tuck rule).

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 21, 2008, 01:26:35 PM

Nothing there to block out bro. Only been a Buc since '05.

Well let's see if I can give you a recap...

- Bucs played the Colts in '03...year after we won the Super Bowl, and the first time we played Tony Dungy since the firing.
- Bucs dominated the game, were winning 35-7 in the 4th quarter.
- Brian Kelly goes down to injury, in comes Ted Wansly to cover Marvin Harrison.
- Colts not only score to open the fourth quarter, they score three more TDs within the last five minutes of the game to tie it.
- The last TD was a result of an ILLEGAL onside kick that was never called on the Colts.
- Gramatica attempts a 50 yd FG to win in regulation, but like so many of his that year, it was blocked.
- In OT, Mike Vanderjagt does what he does best and missed the potential game wining FG, but then there's a flag on the play.
- Simeon Rice was called for LEAPING. "Leaping is a player starting more than one yard off the line of scrimmage and running forward and landing on players."
- Replay shows that all he did was jump in the air and gently graze a lineman's leg on the way down (something that happens ALL THE TIME in the NFL), even announcers agreed it was a ridiculous call.
- Vandercrap kicks again with shorter field and makes it.  Bucs lose.

With that and the illegal onside kick, I would bet money that the ref bet money on this game.  If the Panthers game (152 blocked FGs) earlier was the beginning of the end for the Bucs that season, this was definitely the nail in the coffin.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why arent people pissed about the most obvious « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools