Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are all the Garcia haters this week? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: November 17, 2008, 08:56:13 PM

The guy has a bad game and the haters come out of the woodwork demanding he be cut/traded/benched and start McCown.

But the guy has a good game and everyone is quiet.

Obviously you wanted to see more touchdowns, but he had a lot to do with why the Bucs won yesturday.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 17, 2008, 08:59:03 PM

You should read all the postings on the insider board.  There are several discussions going on over there about Garcia's mediocrity.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 17, 2008, 08:59:46 PM

He had a good game.  If he were seeing the field well there was a great game to be had.  

He is the best qb  the buccs have on the roster at the moment.  Thus this is a bad moment.  

And yea - obviously more touchdowns would be nice.  

So - this is a thread?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 17, 2008, 09:00:53 PM

You should read all the postings on the insider voard. There are several discussions going on over there about Garcia's mediocrity.

Yep - and you know the worst part - he is still one of the buccs top 3 qbs in franchise history - gotta be a curse somewhere somehow....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 17, 2008, 09:12:23 PM

The Bucs should have blowed out the Vikings

With all the good Garcia did he still missed multiple opportunities to score TD's for this offense. It's getting crazy

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 17, 2008, 09:19:29 PM

keepon - am I a Hater insofar as Garcia is concerned - heck - I recall making a point that I think he is one of the top 3 buccs qbs in history - yea it is a sad point - but I can't think of two better buccs qbs...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 17, 2008, 09:28:11 PM

But the guy has a good game and everyone is quiet.

what criteria are we working with here?  completion %?  yards?  turnovers?  or just that we got the win?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 17, 2008, 09:47:33 PM

Garcia in my best Denny Green voice is who we thought he was which at this point in time isnt saying much for the current group of former and past Buccaneer quarterbacks

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 17, 2008, 10:14:06 PM

Garcia made some extremely difficult throws.

However, he was the one that made them difficult by waltzing out of the pocket.

And from what I understand/saw there were open recievers all over the field

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 17, 2008, 10:35:07 PM

Garcia getting out of the pocket is Garcia at his best. Guess ya' gotta watch the games sometime.

Sorry 'bout the wheels coming off your Griese bandwagon.  :P

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

JC510

Practice Squad

#10 : November 18, 2008, 09:23:02 AM

Teams don't score RedZone TDs on 3rd and 17.

Teams don't score RedZone TDs on 2nd and 30.

Playing for a 9 point lead and forcing your opponent to use all their timeouts before 2:00 in the game is considered Smart Football.

...and ufojoe55, Head Coaches don't say you played and EXCELLENT GAME if your red zone play was "awful", as you state.

Didn't we have two 1st and Goals (or something close to it) on the same drive because of the Ray Edwards penalty? Do teams score red zone TDs then?

#11 : November 17, 2008, 10:47:09 PM

Garcia in my best Denny Green voice is who we thought he was which at this point in time isnt saying much for the current group of former and past Buccaneer quarterbacks

I didn't think it possible for a "probowl" qb to take a step back from 13tds but once again, i was wrong.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 17, 2008, 10:53:38 PM

All the "Haters" can yack all they want.

Garcia played a great game. Mr. Gruden even stressed that at the Monday presser.
Anyone who is saying otherwise is just mad that their 'talent evaluation' is so poor.  ;D

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 17, 2008, 11:01:06 PM

All the "Haters" can yack all they want.

Garcia played a great game. Mr. Gruden even stressed that at the Monday presser.
Anyone who is saying otherwise is just mad that their 'talent evaluation' is so poor.  ;D

I am a Garcia fan and even I know that his red zone performance was awful.

Very good game for him outside of the red zone. If that doesn't change to include the RZ then it could be one and done
come January.

BTW, Cyber, nobody is quiet. You're just not seeing/reading the Garcia related threads.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 17, 2008, 11:27:55 PM

Teams don't score RedZone TDs on 3rd and 17.

Teams don't score RedZone TDs on 2nd and 30.

Playing for a 9 point lead and forcing your opponent to use all their timeouts before 2:00 in the game is considered Smart Football.

...and ufojoe55, Head Coaches don't say you played and EXCELLENT GAME if your red zone play was "awful", as you state.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are all the Garcia haters this week? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools