Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are all the Garcia haters this week? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 17, 2008, 11:29:48 PM

Teams don't score RedZone TDs on 3rd and 17.

Teams don't score RedZone TDs on 2nd and 30.

Especially when they don't even try to hit the endzone

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 17, 2008, 11:35:54 PM

Teams don't score RedZone TDs on 3rd and 17.

Teams don't score RedZone TDs on 2nd and 30.

Especially when they don't even try to hit the endzone

Watch games much?

1-10-MIN 17    (11:06) 7-J.Garcia pass incomplete deep middle to 88-J.Gilmore (42-D.Sharper). <---in coverage (1 yard line). It would have been a good catch if he would have held on, but it was still very makeable.

2-20-MIN 27   (10:46) (Shotgun) 7-J.Garcia pass short middle to 89-A.Bryant for 27 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on TB-75-D.Joseph, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at MIN 27 - No Play.

2-25-MIN 32    (10:20) (Shotgun) 7-J.Garcia pass deep middle to 86-J.Stevens to MIN 1 for 31 yards (51-B.Leber, 42-D.Sharper).

That's THREE-- on ONE DRIVE.

What game did you watch? Philly at Cincy??
Go **CENSORED** on the Philly Board.
McNabb only scored 13 pts on the hapless Bungles in 75 minutes of football?
WTF?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 18, 2008, 12:01:28 AM

Looks to me like several plays short of the goal line

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 18, 2008, 12:05:06 AM

The guy has a bad game and the haters come out of the woodwork demanding he be cut/traded/benched and start McCown.

But the guy has a good game and everyone is quiet.

Obviously you wanted to see more touchdowns, but he had a lot to do with why the Bucs won yesturday.

Cyber I gotta give you some props brother...You noticed he had a good game.  All the people that love the guy swears he had a great game...good looking out...you might become a good poster anyway...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 18, 2008, 12:07:37 AM

I dont understand why Buc Fans hate Garcia so much.  Grant it, he is no Peyton Manning, but he is the best we have and he will lead us to the playoffs in back to back years....what other Buc QB under Gruden can say that?

I just can't believe many don't overvalue him like I do....I mean we've had some pretty crap QBs starting for us and we get a veteran savy QB like Garcia who doesn't make mistakes and wins football games and we don't like him?  I'm confused....

but then again, you won't realize how lucky we were to have Garcia until he is gone and we have crap QBs on the team.  He isn't great, but he is a good QB to have on your team.

EDIT: He's the 8th rated passer and because he doesn't throw the TDs, people are confused.  TDs are important, but if all those 1 yard TD runs were TD passes would you feel better?  For instance the one where Stevens caught a 31 yard pass and fell 1 yard short on Sunday.  I guess if that was TD, people would be happy with Garcia?  Let's please understand the game of football and realize that TD passes aren't everything.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 18, 2008, 12:13:08 AM

I dont understand why Buc Fans hate Garcia so much.  Grant it, he is no Peyton Manning, but he is the best we have and he will lead us to the playoffs in back to back years....what other Buc QB under Gruden can say that?

I just can't believe many don't overvalue him like I do....I mean we've had some pretty crap QBs starting for us and we get a veteran savy QB like Garcia who doesn't make mistakes and wins football games and we don't like him?  I'm confused....

but then again, you won't realize how lucky we were to have Garcia until he is gone and we have crap QBs on the team.  He isn't great, but he is a good QB to have on your team.

Some people just like production.  They wanna see 250+ yds a game, 15+ yds per pass attempt, 2-4 TD's per game.  There there are those happy to be 7-3...Pick a camp and stay with it...LOL

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 18, 2008, 12:19:54 AM

The guy has a bad game and the haters come out of the woodwork demanding he be cut/traded/benched and start McCown.

But the guy has a good game and everyone is quiet.

Obviously you wanted to see more touchdowns, but he had a lot to do with why the Bucs won yesturday.

Cyber I gotta give you some props brother...You noticed he had a good game.  All the people that love the guy swears he had a great game...good looking out...you might become a good poster anyway...
Garcia had a fantastic day.

He may not have had the flash of the TD, but he had decent yards, high completion, pocket mobility, and he gutted out some big hits and had some big scrambles.

He was on eof the better performers in the NFL on Sunday, despite the lack of perceived production.

I thought he was a goner for sure, I thought he burned his bridge.  But apparently, he just threw smoke...

And maybe Gruden was telling the truth about wanting a healthy Garcia back.  I noticed ABuccs has been very quiet.  Must be sad to be such a hater as to not be able to enjoy a good season, and quality play...glad I am not that guy.

I mean, I would toss Jeff under the bus if he had a reason fof me too.  BUt he is one of the better QBs the Bucs have EVER had.  And sad as that may sound, in reality, he was a playoff, Pro Bowl guy last year, and this year, he might be a playoff guy again.  Season ain't over yet...so we'll see what he does the rest of the eyar.  BUt as far as entertaining me, he did his job Sunday fer sure.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 18, 2008, 12:20:00 AM

Chev,

Who doesn't want a QB that throws 250+ yards a game and 2-4 TDs a game?  It's just that these kinds of QBs don't come around that often and Garcia is hands down our best QB on the roster.  Also you have to understand that the way this offensive scheme is built, it isn't meant to have these big offensive numbers.  Gruden gets a lead and he sits on it.  At least that is what I have noticed since he's been here.

Also, there are only 6 Quarterbacks who have currently averaged over 250 yards a game this year and they are Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, Jay Cutler, McNabb, P. Manning, and Rivers.  Four of those Quarterbacks are first round picks, Brees is a second, and Kurt Warner.

As far as QBs who have averaged at least 2 TDs per game, there are only two....Rivers with 21 and Warner with 20.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 18, 2008, 12:28:03 AM

Dude you're preaching to the choir.  My biggest problem with Garcia is that he uses scrambling as a way to cover his happy feet.  If you've noticed when hes dropped 5 steps, plants, and delivers it's always a strike.  When he starts going east and west in the pocket, I get scared.  You can tell especially in this last game they've worked on it and it looks really good.  Almost like a predesigned pattern.  I also assume the line is communicating as well because they all turned in unuison on one plays and just creamed blocker on the backside of one of his happy feet sessions.  Also his arm strength and accuracy plumet one anything 15+ yds and I think I'm being liberal on that.  That's why he won't go long when he scrambles, if so rarely when he can plant and throw.

I'd love to see him trust the pass pro a little more and step up into the pocket and throw the dang ball with conviction

#24 : November 18, 2008, 12:43:30 AM

...and ufojoe55, Head Coaches don't say you played and EXCELLENT GAME if your red zone play was "awful", as you state.

Chronic, surely you're wise enough to be familiar with the term.... "coachspeak". A coach only stands at the podium and address the media because they have to.

And maybe Gruden was telling the truth about wanting a healthy Garcia back. I noticed ABuccs has been very quiet. Must be sad to be such a hater as to not be able to enjoy a good season, and quality play...glad I am not that guy.

Dude got into it with a certain antagonizer on the board and got suspended.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 18, 2008, 07:00:12 AM

Even a Garcia hater, which I'm not, knows he's going to play 5 or so good games each season. The problem is what he's going to do in the playoffs (just getting there isn't enough anymore) and that his arm could fall off for good at any point and the Bucs are back at square one again.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 18, 2008, 07:10:57 AM

...and ufojoe55, Head Coaches don't say you played and EXCELLENT GAME if your red zone play was "awful", as you state.

Chronic, surely you're wise enough to be familiar with the term.... "coachspeak". A coach only stands at the podium and address the media because they have to.

And maybe Gruden was telling the truth about wanting a healthy Garcia back. I noticed ABuccs has been very quiet. Must be sad to be such a hater as to not be able to enjoy a good season, and quality play...glad I am not that guy.

Dude got into it with a certain antagonizer on the board and got suspended.

I'd like to meet that guy and shake his hand... ;D ;D

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 18, 2008, 06:08:41 PM

funny how you have been looking for anyone in the media to validate your view point on the Garcia debate
no...oh no...not anyone you mean EVERYONE...Gruden ALL THE PLAYERS ALL THE COACHS AND ALL THE MEDIA ...this is the only place he gets banged by all you 'EXPERTS'...

loweredexpectations

Starter
#28 : November 18, 2008, 09:30:00 AM

stop these troll threads. how pointless is this crap. it's AS annoying as the garcia hating threads. think of something intelligent to write about, then back it up with some facts, then WE ALL can become more educated pupils. rather than **CENSORED**ing about whether or not our QB's arm is/not going to fall off. blasphemy!

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 18, 2008, 10:19:32 AM

Threads like this=irrelevant
W's=relevant
It's that simple. What do the numbers really mean? 255 yards passing. Does that make you feel good? It's not bad. But OTOH 255 yards passing with only 19 points scored. They get one more big play on O and we lose 20-19, how would we feel?
Conversely if he had a day like Delhomme (under 100 yards passing) and wins, should we really feel worse?
You just hope our QB has it when it counts. So far, that's been the case 7/10 of the time.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are all the Garcia haters this week? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools