Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are all the Garcia haters this week? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#195 : November 24, 2008, 06:13:42 PM

Part of the seventeen point deficit was from the offenses own doing.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#196 : November 24, 2008, 06:26:00 PM

Why is it that alot of the Garcia bashers here now are the same people that were talking up Brian Griese?

If you were WRONG about Brian Griese, then why the hell should ANYONE be expected to listen to your "genius" opinions about our most recent Pro Bowl/ team MVP quarterback??

Two words: talent evaluation

whats there to be wrong about?  didnt brian griese WIN every game he finished?  isnt that what its all about? 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#197 : November 24, 2008, 07:05:44 PM

whats there to be wrong about?  didnt brian griese have THE WORST NUMBERS in the NFL in the games he played?  isnt that what its all about? 

fixed it

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#198 : November 24, 2008, 07:51:33 PM

so is it about numbers or wins?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#199 : November 24, 2008, 09:36:09 PM

Garcia does QUITE WELL in both.

5-1 since return-- 5th in NFL passer rating.

No other qb on our roster could even sniff that.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#200 : November 24, 2008, 09:42:00 PM

Uhhhhh Luke sniffed it last year.

He completed 67% of his passes, had a qb rating of 91.6, over 100 for his starts.

All very similar to Garcia this year, except HIGHER for his starts!

Don't misunderstand...I'm not calling for Luke to start.  Just answering your statement.

Garcia is the starting qb for this team this year.  No question in my mind, barring injury there should be no change at the qb position as long as Garcia is playing like he is.

.....just my opinion

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#201 : November 24, 2008, 09:48:12 PM

0-3 sans Reggie Bush

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#202 : November 24, 2008, 09:55:09 PM

Garcia does QUITE WELL in both.

5-1 since return-- 5th in NFL passer rating.

No other qb on our roster could even sniff that.

I have to agree that there seems to be a double standard with Garcia and Griese.

Both have gotten wins but both leave a lot to be desired.

If Garcia can consistently hit the open receiver, we're going to do some damage in the playoffs.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#203 : November 24, 2008, 09:58:21 PM

Garcia is a really good backup QB. He is not going to beat playoff level teams and lead this team to the SB.

With that thinking, why would you even bother watching this team once they get into the playoffs?

I haven't seen the consistency from Garcia that we're going to need in the playoffs but I think he is
capable of giving it to us. He's getting stronger as the year goes on. Will it be enough once we
hit the playoffs? It will be interesting to see.

#204 : November 24, 2008, 10:06:16 PM

0-3 sans Reggie Bush

can't live in what-ifs

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#205 : November 24, 2008, 10:13:31 PM

Sounds good to me.

McCown & Co. = what ifs

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#206 : November 24, 2008, 10:24:49 PM

So if by Co. you mean Garcia and Griese you are correct

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#207 : November 24, 2008, 11:25:20 PM

5-1.........No. 5 in NFL in passer rating.

How the **CENSORED** is that a "what if"???

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#208 : November 25, 2008, 06:34:29 AM

Garcia won't be back...he's auditioning right now for his next team, if any.  Sound like Eagle Fan wants him. 

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 ... 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are all the Garcia haters this week? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools