Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Whos fans are more annoying « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: November 19, 2008, 01:24:13 AM

FSU
Miami
Florida

Friend says Florida

I say Miami... they still think their great, visited their board to see some recruiting stuff, and all I can say is they live in a cave.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#1 : November 19, 2008, 05:25:29 AM

Really? Most of the Miami fans I know or discuss with are well aware that we are still coming out of an era where we sucked hardcore. Most are very confident of how good we will be though, if thats what you mean.

I gotta say F$U. Florida fans are tolerable, but many are just really, really big homers. Like Buckeye fan-size homers. But they have a bunch of bandwagon fans right now that make the fanbase seem worse than it is, like UM did. F$U fans, just for their deflection of their thuggery and defense of warden Bowden, are pretty intolerable. Before, I hated them because of the rivalry. But the rivalry doesn't really mean too much now that we're both just on the fringe of being ranked and not both top 10 or top 5 or something like that. I'd still take them over an OSU fan, or even a Michigan fan, but they're pretty annoying.

You know what fanbase I think has gotten considerably less annoying? ND. I guess because, outside of Lou Holtz, they've gotten beat down by 99% of the media and CFB fans for the past couple of years, then beaten to a pulp after the Willingham/Weis fiasco. And the funny thing is, Willingham is just finishing up at Washington and was horrible there. And people still won't let it go that they fired a coach who will have a hard time finding another D-1 head coaching job soon.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 19, 2008, 09:37:59 PM

Really? Most of the Miami fans I know or discuss with are well aware that we are still coming out of an era where we sucked hardcore. Most are very confident of how good we will be though, if thats what you mean.

I gotta say F$U. Florida fans are tolerable, but many are just really, really big homers. Like Buckeye fan-size homers. But they have a bunch of bandwagon fans right now that make the fanbase seem worse than it is, like UM did. F$U fans, just for their deflection of their thuggery and defense of warden Bowden, are pretty intolerable. Before, I hated them because of the rivalry. But the rivalry doesn't really mean too much now that we're both just on the fringe of being ranked and not both top 10 or top 5 or something like that. I'd still take them over an OSU fan, or even a Michigan fan, but they're pretty annoying.

You know what fanbase I think has gotten considerably less annoying? ND. I guess because, outside of Lou Holtz, they've gotten beat down by 99% of the media and CFB fans for the past couple of years, then beaten to a pulp after the Willingham/Weis fiasco. And the funny thing is, Willingham is just finishing up at Washington and was horrible there. And people still won't let it go that they fired a coach who will have a hard time finding another D-1 head coaching job soon.

Yeah Miami fans are clueless... I was just on their, they are shocked that Bryce Brown would visit Oregon. And that he would have a better career at Miami, post current facts on their board like Oregon rushes for 320 YPG... they will post something on Clinton Portis.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#3 : November 20, 2008, 02:23:17 AM

I'm not so much shocked that Bryce would visit elsewhere, but I'd be shocked if he took back his verbal. I think he'd be a stud wherever he goes, but I'm pretty positive that is going to be here. I am somewhat surprised that Jeremiah Johnson hasn't been lighting it up there, but apparently there has been another back just as good if not better.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 20, 2008, 09:27:47 PM

These guys were pretty annoying earlier in the year:

Personally I believe that with any fan base, you have some idiots like the ones in this video.  Miami does seem to have a very LARGE number of "fans" who have never set foot on the campus, with a number of those being thugs.  At any rate, IMO Miami is the epitome of the bandwagon fan...although FSU is up there in that.  You can get FSU-UF tickets right now straight from the school, and they had to solicit TCC to try and sell season tickets.  Say what you will about UF, but fans have sold that stadium out for the last 20 years or so, win or lose.  Miami can't sell when they win, and FSU isn't any better.  Yet if you talk to either fan base, their poo doesn't stink.  I do agree with OBF, in that Miami fans are stuck in the past...although I would add to that FSU fans (you would never know they were coming off back to back 7-6 seasons by talking to them), and ND fans. 

But really, all fan bases have their share of scumbags and annoying folks.  If I had encountered them more than twice, I'd say OSU fans are by the the worst.  For one weekend only, they take the cake.  At least though after their beatings they disappeared and shutup.  But I can't put them ahead of numerous encounters with FSU/UM fans.  Some will throw LSU fans up there, but I have always had good experiences at LSU. 

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 20, 2008, 10:58:59 PM

I'm not so much shocked that Bryce would visit elsewhere, but I'd be shocked if he took back his verbal. I think he'd be a stud wherever he goes, but I'm pretty positive that is going to be here. I am somewhat surprised that Jeremiah Johnson hasn't been lighting it up there, but apparently there has been another back just as good if not better.

Jermiah is avg 7 yards a carry. Hes spliting time with a back who will probably go in the 2nd rd next year who has 15TD this year in LaGarrette Blount. Not to mention the QB is getting close to a 100 on the ground a game. Jermiah is doing great but theirs not enough carries to go around. And a few games hes been banged up.

Well bryce Brown from his own words said Oregon is the leader... and how Miami cant run the ball (look at tonight) and with his brother way down on the depth chart I dont see why he would go their. But thats me.

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#6 : November 20, 2008, 11:48:26 PM

If you call Gator fans obnoxious you're just being a hater.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 20, 2008, 11:54:36 PM

yeah dog. were drinkin the hater aide yo

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 21, 2008, 02:34:05 AM

yeah dog. were drinkin the hater aide yo
LOL! Thugs is Oregon?    ::)

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#9 : November 21, 2008, 05:00:48 AM

Jermiah is avg 7 yards a carry. Hes spliting time with a back who will probably go in the 2nd rd next year who has 15TD this year in LaGarrette Blount. Not to mention the QB is getting close to a 100 on the ground a game. Jermiah is doing great but theirs not enough carries to go around. And a few games hes been banged up.

Well bryce Brown from his own words said Oregon is the leader... and how Miami cant run the ball (look at tonight) and with his brother way down on the depth chart I dont see why he would go their. But thats me.

Oh, I'm not saying Johnson has been bad, I'm just saying he hasn't been producing at the rate I thought he would be last year looking at how Jon Stewart was a mortal lock to leave in the draft. But I guess this Blount kid is the real deal. I've heard good things about him, but I haven't seen Oregon play since about the beginning of the season.

Miami sucks at some things right now, mainly because the vast majority of their talent are freshmen. Their line and passing game will be much improved next year when our guards will be juniors, our QBs won't be completely inexperienced freshmen, and our top WR isn't a true freshman. Arthur isn't really buried though. He just didn't fit like Spence did. He'll almost assuredly be a starter next year with Cook finally leaving, and possibly McCarthy declaring early.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 21, 2008, 10:50:05 AM

Does the U have any fans?

Honestly none of them are that annoying, if I had to give one team the vote it'd be UF, but just to illustrate, check out how annoying Dawg fans become when they steal another W in Jax. It's incredible.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 21, 2008, 07:31:20 PM

Oh, I'm not saying Johnson has been bad, I'm just saying he hasn't been producing at the rate I thought he would be last year looking at how Jon Stewart was a mortal lock to leave in the draft. But I guess this Blount kid is the real deal. I've heard good things about him, but I haven't seen Oregon play since about the beginning of the season.

Miami sucks at some things right now, mainly because the vast majority of their talent are freshmen. Their line and passing game will be much improved next year when our guards will be juniors, our QBs won't be completely inexperienced freshmen, and our top WR isn't a true freshman. Arthur isn't really buried though. He just didn't fit like Spence did. He'll almost assuredly be a starter next year with Cook finally leaving, and possibly McCarthy declaring early.

I think hes producing fine. Cant argue with 7 yards everytime he touches the ball. But he has been banged up and at time missed 2nd half of games because of his shoulder. The guy still has been great for us though I think. But yeah JJ isnt Stewart, but JJ didnt have Dixon and his arm to keep defenses off him. Defenses are stacking the box against this year team a lot more then last year.

Yeah LaGarrette is a great back... when running north south, when he tries to bounces things out like JJ he doesnt do well. Hes from Florida... think Perry or something.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 21, 2008, 07:32:47 PM

Does the U have any fans?

Honestly none of them are that annoying, if I had to give one team the vote it'd be UF, but just to illustrate, check out how annoying Dawg fans become when they steal another W in Jax. It's incredible.

Hahaha yeah. Only Florida fans Ive talked to is on here, and them seem cool. E**CENSORED**ally compared to other SEC fans

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#13 : November 21, 2008, 08:40:47 PM

I think hes producing fine. Cant argue with 7 yards everytime he touches the ball. But he has been banged up and at time missed 2nd half of games because of his shoulder. The guy still has been great for us though I think. But yeah JJ isnt Stewart, but JJ didnt have Dixon and his arm to keep defenses off him. Defenses are stacking the box against this year team a lot more then last year.

Yeah LaGarrette is a great back... when running north south, when he tries to bounces things out like JJ he doesnt do well. Hes from Florida... think Perry or something.

No, I meant I didn't think last year that he would be splitting carries with someone else. I thought he was going to be the guy like Stewart, but apparently Blount is just as good as him if not better.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 21, 2008, 08:43:17 PM

No, I meant I didn't think last year that he would be splitting carries with someone else. I thought he was going to be the guy like Stewart, but apparently Blount is just as good as him if not better.

Yeah Blount is a stud.

But people forget before JJ got injured last year, he was splitting carries with Stewart. Oregon likes the thunder and lightning. They have been doing it for years

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Whos fans are more annoying « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools