Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Strictly draft talk « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: November 21, 2008, 05:42:29 PM

Other then the obvious figured we could start a thread as to what players everyone has been paying close attention to thus far in the college football season as it relates to possible draft picks. Players I like

Here is just a few for me starting with receivers.
WR Ramses Barden
WR Jeremy McClain
WR Marko Mitchell
WR Brandon Tate
WR Darrius Hayward Bey
WR Percy Harvin
WR Jaunquin Iglesias
WR Brooks Foster
WR Hakeem Nicks
WR Michael Crabtree
WR Mohamed Massaqoui

Offensive Tackles
OT Eugene Monroe
OT Jason Smith
OT Andre Smith
OT Ciron Black
OT Eben Britton
OT Sam Young
OT Phil Loadholt

Running Backs
RB Devin Moore
RB Shonn Greene
RB Rashad Jennings
RB LeSean McCoy
RB James Davis

Defensive Tackles
DT Sen Derrick marks
DT Vance Walker
DT Peria Jerry
DT Evander Hood
DT George Hypolite
DT Alex Magee
DT Jarron Gilbert
DT John Faletoese

Corner Backs
CB Vontae Davis
CB Alphonso Smith
CB Mike Mickens
CB Joe Burnett
CB Darius Butler
CB Coye Francies
CB Domonique Johnson
CB Kevin Barnes

Safeties
S William Moore
S Rashad Johnson
S CJ Spillman
S Patrick Chung

Defensive Ends
DE Everette Brown
DE George Selvie
DE Greg Hardy
DE Connor Barwin
DE Matt Shaughnessy

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

kmitchell

Starter

#1 : November 21, 2008, 05:53:16 PM

I would like to see the Buc's trade up and get WR Michael Crabtree of Texas Tech. 6'3", 215 pounds.

Here is some of his highlights.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 21, 2008, 07:42:03 PM

I like Crabtree also...........but I believe he is only a sophmore.

kmitchell

Starter

#3 : November 21, 2008, 07:45:30 PM

I think he will leave college early before any injuries/setbacks in NCAA.

The Lions joke was great.
11/11 Update: If there was any doubt who the best receiver in college football was, there is not anymore. Crabtree has caught 78 passes for 1,010 yards and 18 touchdowns through ten games. The success of Texas Tech has put Crabtree in the national spotlight and he will stay there from here on out. He may not be the first pick in the draft, since the Lions will not be taking a wide-out in the first round any time soon, but he will not last long after that.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=1634

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 21, 2008, 07:54:10 PM

I don't think we trade up, at all.  Heyward-Bey, Harvin, or Maclin.  One will be avialable and may be more of a need with speed, anyway.  DHB could be of the Eddie Royal cut.  He's had no QB to throw the ball to him yet finds a way to score TD's anyway.  We know about Harvin and Maclin but DHB is more of an unknown.  He may have more upside than either Harvin or Maclin.  Regardless, we take one of these three.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 21, 2008, 08:00:44 PM

Havent watched as much as Ive liked, because of going to most of the Oregon games, most the guys Ive seen more then once have been west coast so Ill focus on them...
But here it goes...
NO ORDER just off top of head
RB...
Jermiah Johnson (great 2nd back)
Kahili Bell
Ian Johnson (overrated if rated)
Keegan Herring

WR
Sammie Stroughter (stud, but head problems)
Mike Thomas  (my favorite WR in the draft love this kid)
Brandon Gibson (stud on awful team)
Jaison Williams (great blocking WR, holds onto ball great steal)
Patrick Turner (ok)

QB
Willie Tuituma (I like him, but know if he will translate well)
Tom Brandster
Rudy Carpenter
Nate Longshore

QB out here sucks and nationally IMO

TE
Bear Pascoe (Really liked this kid the last few years)
Ed **CENSORED**son (some think he may leave)

OL
Max Unger (Mack is better but hes a close 2nd)
Fenuki Tupou
Alex Mack (best center in the country)
Andy Levitre
Jeremy Perry (sleeper, if he is 100% healthy)

DE
Nick reed (curious if he gets a shot, has the "stats")
Slade Norris (former walk on, kid is a machine like Reed)

DT
Fili Moala
Alex Magee (Saw him twice for Purdue like him)

LB
Brian Cushing
Rey Maulugua
Clay Matthews
Zack Follett (my sleeper)
Anthony Heygood

CB
Keenan Lewis
Brandon Hughes
Jarius Byrd (50/50 IMO he goes)

S
Taylor Mays
Patrick Chung (great against the run, IMO pass coverage has dropped from last year)

Thats whos Ive seen quite a bit

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#6 : November 21, 2008, 08:15:34 PM

Nice! Good list Yucc!

gharen

Pro Bowler

#7 : November 21, 2008, 08:18:05 PM

I think this is the year to get our QB. I think both Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy would work in our offense. If we need the QB to play sooner than later I would go with McCoy, if we were to sign a FA like McNabb or someone, I'd take Tebow and develop him for a year or two. Other players I like are Macho Harris, CB from Virginia Tech, obviously the big time WR's like Crabtree, Macklin and Harvin in that order. I also like Jordan Shipley the WR for Texas in the middle rounds. The DE from Texas, Brian Orakbo would add another pass rusher. A DT that is flying under the radar to keep an eye on is Roy Miller for Texas, he's a very good pass rusher.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 21, 2008, 08:18:22 PM

I think Harvin would look good in buccs colors, and I am terrified of Florida wr history in the NFL

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 21, 2008, 08:27:25 PM

I think this is the year to get our QB. I think both Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy would work in our offense. If we need the QB to play sooner than later I would go with McCoy, if we were to sign a FA like McNabb or someone, I'd take Tebow and develop him for a year or two. Other players I like are Macho Harris, CB from Virginia Tech, obviously the big time WR's like Crabtree, Macklin and Harvin in that order. I also like Jordan Shipley the WR for Texas in the middle rounds. The DE from Texas, Brian Orakbo would add another pass rusher. A DT that is flying under the radar to keep an eye on is Roy Miller for Texas, he's a very good pass rusher.

I diagree, I think this QB class sucks.

What about a guy like Rhett Bomar?

gharen

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 21, 2008, 08:36:16 PM

Bomar has good stats in a lower league but lacks instincts. He probably won't even make a roster.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 21, 2008, 08:51:24 PM

I don't understand why people think Tebow would fit Gruden's WCO offense.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 21, 2008, 09:23:13 PM

Why draft another Qb?  It's obvious this is not the way Gruden rolls.  We drafted one last year.  We drafted the Great Gradkowski a few years earlier.  There's no Matt Ryan coming out this year.  Maybe a Matt Stafford but I don't think he'll be there when we pick.  Not sold on Tebow in the NFL, and McCoy does not distinguish himslf from Josh Johnson enough to warrant the pick.  We go with Johnson, Griese and hopefully McCown and another vet or two, maybe Garcia.  We have to get the playmaker at WR and some pass rush at DE and DT.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#13 : November 21, 2008, 09:31:03 PM

I want..

WR
CB
WR
BPA

Maybe throw in a DT for CB or one of the WR's... but to me, the 3 positions that we could use a new face in, is easily those three. Ofcourse and QB, however, I don't like many of these QB's, and I wanna see what we do in FA and with JJ.

Also, I wouldn't mind adding a short yardage RB in the late rounds... though EG should be good for it next year.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 21, 2008, 09:52:34 PM

Evander Hood

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Strictly draft talk « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools