Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Strictly draft talk « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 21, 2008, 10:08:24 PM

NFLdraftscout.com Evander Hood draft profile

Overview: A veteran of 36 games entering his senior season, including 21 starts, Hood won't wow scouts with his athleticism. But his size, technique and tenacity make him an intriguing prospect for the 2009 draft. Voted to the Honorable Mention All Big XII team in 2007 by league coaches, Hood finished with career highs in every category, finishing with 49 tackles, 8.0 tackles for loss, 5.0 sacks and three forced fumbles. Head coach Gary Pinkel characterized Hood's performance (6 tackles, 1.5 sacks) against NFL prospects Jonathan Luigs (center) and Mitch Petrus (guard) in Missouri's win over Arkansas in the 2007-08 Cotton Bowl as his best performance in a Tiger uniform. With continued improvement, Hood could rank among the top senior defensive tackles of the 2009 draft.

Positives: More than the sum of his parts. Legitimate NFL size. Plays with a passionate, physical style. Locates the ball quickly and pursues well down the line. Flashes initial burst off the snap and the lateral quickness to make plays behind the line of scrimmage. Recognizes the trap block and can burst through the hole to make the play behind the line of scrimmage. Physical at the point. Seems to enjoy the hand-to-hand combat in the trenches and doesn't back down from contact. Active hands and can disengage from blocks due to his hand play. Durable performer who enters his senior campaign with 36 games of experience, including 21 starts. Showed great toughness in 2006, missing only three games after breaking his foot and having a screw inserted to fix it, before returning to play the final seven games at less than 100 percent.

Negatives: Lacks the elite explosiveness or strength usually associated with highly-rated defensive tackles. Only moderate initial quickness. Flashes the lateral quickness to elude and collapse the pocket, but is too inconsistent here. Often plays too high and loses leverage, negating his own strength and size. Missed three full games and parts of others in 2006 with a broken foot suffered midway through the season.

Stats
Sacks 13.5
Tackles for loss 21.5
Tackles 140
Forced Fumbles 5
Passes Defensed 8
QB Hurries 15
Blocked Kicks 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 21, 2008, 10:17:44 PM

The defensive tackle to keep an eye out for is Jarron Gilbert who is sky rocketing up draft boards. He is from San Jose State the same school as Dwight Lowrey the Jets corner is from He has entering the games this weekend 21 sacks in his career is listed at 6'5 280 pounds but is closer to 6'5 295 then his listed weight. Has 41.5 tackles for loss, 15 passes defensed, 7 QB hurries, 3 forced fumbles and 140 tackles. Could be headed for the second or third round depending on need and value and because of his measurables should be a fit for 4-3 under tackle or 3-4 DE 

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 21, 2008, 11:14:59 PM

Jarron Gilbert is a stud. I'm watching him right now. He has 1/2 sack in the first half of the SJSU vs. FSU game. I mentioned him in the PR.com Tuesday Night Chat a few weeks ago. The Bucs have their eye on him (as do 31 other NFL teams, I'm sure). He's this year's Jason Jones.

#18 : November 22, 2008, 08:51:39 AM

I want..

WR
CB
WR
BPA

I want

DT/DE
WR
CB
BPA

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 22, 2008, 10:28:02 AM

The defensive tackle to keep an eye out for is Jarron Gilbert who is sky rocketing up draft boards. He is from San Jose State the same school as Dwight Lowrey the Jets corner is from He has entering the games this weekend 21 sacks in his career is listed at 6'5 280 pounds but is closer to 6'5 295 then his listed weight. Has 41.5 tackles for loss, 15 passes defensed, 7 QB hurries, 3 forced fumbles and 140 tackles. Could be headed for the second or third round depending on need and value and because of his measurables should be a fit for 4-3 under tackle or 3-4 DE 
I hope he's as big as you say. I'm tired of 'tweener tackles. I want a true big man.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 22, 2008, 11:21:19 AM

My wish list (in order)...

WR. A playmaker is desperately needed.

DT. The last piece to the D rebuild. A quick and nasty UT.

QB. Someone who actually has an arm and intangibles.

RB. Get a Dunn/Westbrook/C. Johnson type.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 22, 2008, 04:43:01 PM

There is a FB/TE  that would be huge in this offense Marquez Branson from Central Arkansas. Branson is 6'2 245 pounds runs the 40 in 4.59 is more of an H-Back type that show tremendous hands after transferring from the junior college ranks as he has 79 catches for 1203 yards and 17 touchdowns in 22 games. He has help Bears amass 1,728 yards on the ground this season as well as 21 rushing touchdowns. Show good pop when lead blocking stout in the hole but also has the speed and hands to be effective in the passing game.

This is a player I would like to see the team spend a 5th round pick on or depending on his combine maybe even a fourth rounder.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 22, 2008, 04:57:52 PM

Whatever it takes.... BRING IN CRABTREE!! (NOT gonna happen..praying for it though)

Also, no mention of a QB? I mean, yeah.. we have JJ and all, but there's always "but".

Jarron Gilbert would seem like a good pick up as well.

Personally I would want to go WR, DT, RB, DT, QB, then whatever...

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 22, 2008, 05:02:55 PM

CB Domonique Johnson from Jackson State is a big athletic corner who is a playmaker 6'2 195 runs the 40 in the 4.38 4.40 range shows good ball skills evident by his 9 interceptions with 2 being returned for touchdowns and 25 passes defensed, decent in run support is a willing tackler that needs more technique when breaking down before tackling

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 22, 2008, 05:07:50 PM

RB Rashad Jennings from liberty a transfer from Pittsburgh is a big back at 6'1 235 pounds runs the 40 in 4.50. Has a decent blend of size an speed show decent burst through the hole. Has good vision and can move the pile. averages 5.9 yards a carry has amassed 3,584 on 611 carries and 60 rushing touchdowns. Show good work in the passing game with 42 catches for 510 yards and 4 touchdowns. Transferred to Liberty to be closer to his father whos health remains a big questions 

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 22, 2008, 05:56:06 PM

CharAnne's has the coldest draft in town!  Two Hot Sweets, bald peanuts, draft please!

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

bklynbucs11

Starter

#26 : November 22, 2008, 06:01:00 PM

Im  more and more impressed with Graham Harrell as he progresses. I know the Texas Tech system & all but I think he's a stellar QB.

MasterC25

Starter
#27 : November 22, 2008, 08:32:40 PM

I am offically on the Peria Jerry bandwagon from Ole Miss. Watching him dominate the interior line of LSU. He is the distruptive defensive tackle we need.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 22, 2008, 09:00:11 PM

I am offically on the Peria Jerry bandwagon from Ole Miss. Watching him dominate the interior line of LSU. He is the distruptive defensive tackle we need.

yeah he was a stud

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 22, 2008, 09:21:47 PM

If we go RB this year in the mid rounds, I think there are some quality guys. Green and McCoy are nice, and I also think Ringer in the 2-4 range would be nice.

I used to like Massaqouis (sp?) game but it hasn't impressed me so much this year. And, really I'm hoping we use our 1 on a WR in which case I'm liking Heyward-Bey.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Strictly draft talk « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools