Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Strictly draft talk « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#45 : November 29, 2008, 08:19:18 PM

Wouldn't  mind Britt at all, especially since he won't be a first rounder hopefully.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#46 : November 29, 2008, 08:27:26 PM

NO to Harvin.  An injury waitin' to happen.  Not tough enough, IMO.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#47 : November 29, 2008, 08:53:44 PM

While I hate the Gators... Harvin would be a great weapon to add... I do question his injuries... but todays injury does not add to that IMO... an injured ankle on a rainy day does not add ot injury proness. Like I said before, taking this kid out of the RB position carries will do wonders for him IMO. Taking less hits from DL and LBs will definitely lower his injuries. One thing you can't question is his talent, and he is easily one of the most talented play makers entering the draft.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#48 : November 30, 2008, 04:37:04 AM

Ill bump for 2 ducks who had great games today

Max Unger... the guy is athletic, made some great blocks today, pulls like hell. Probably gone late round 1 forsure by 2nd rd
Jermiah Johnson 17 carries 217 yards, 200 yards at halftime. Guy will be a great 2nd or 3rd back IMO.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#49 : November 30, 2008, 08:01:38 AM

according to McShay's ever changing list of top 32 propsects for the upcoming draft including underclassmen, there seems to be quite a few DE's near the bottom portion (21-32) of his list...what do the Bucs need that fits around 21-32 area?  how about a complement to GA

You must be accountable for your actions!

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#50 : December 01, 2008, 11:04:09 AM

Raji....   You out rushed his opponent last week. 

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

acacius

Hall of Famer

#51 : December 01, 2008, 11:05:58 AM

I'll tell you one thing: I'm positively delighted that the team doesn't really have to worry about "and can return kick/punts" when they look at potential skill position players to draft.  I'm mean, it won't be a bad thing if they can, but I like their only having to worry about who they think is the best wide receiver available.

Diehart fisherman

Starter

#52 : December 01, 2008, 11:29:08 AM

WR Mohamed Massaqoui   He just get's it done!!!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#53 : December 01, 2008, 11:35:37 AM

according to McShay's ever changing list of top 32 propsects for the upcoming draft including underclassmen, there seems to be quite a few DE's near the bottom portion (21-32) of his list...what do the Bucs need that fits around 21-32 area?  how about a complement to GA
At this point it's not readily evident GA is a lead defensive end. If the Bucs were to get someone like Greg Hardy, GA may end up as the complementary player.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#54 : December 01, 2008, 11:42:30 AM

In the recent past, I don't think the Bucs were in a real good position to trade up because they simply had too many needs to address to lose picks.

Are we getting to the point in which, if the right guy was out there....as a supposition a stud DT....do the Bucs trade up if they can?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#55 : December 01, 2008, 12:18:15 PM

I don't know how you ever pass on a DT you think will be lights out. I don't care how thin you think your depth chart is.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Agent Orange

Starter

#56 : December 01, 2008, 01:22:00 PM

No offensive draft picks!

acacius

Hall of Famer

#57 : December 01, 2008, 01:33:09 PM

I understand the theory, but that's still an awful idea.

Agent Orange

Starter

#58 : December 01, 2008, 01:39:51 PM

I understand the theory, but that's still an awful idea.

Alright, how about no top round offensive draft picks then? If we're going to use a 1st or 2nd on offense we'd be much better off trading the pick for a veteran player. Gruden has a long history of not using rookies on offense unless he is forced to. I'd just rather keep improving the defense with young talent and bring in more vets on offense. We have the money and it appears that it'll be the simplest way of improving the team with the least amount of risk.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#59 : December 01, 2008, 02:23:56 PM

according to McShay's ever changing list of top 32 propsects for the upcoming draft including underclassmen, there seems to be quite a few DE's near the bottom portion (21-32) of his list...what do the Bucs need that fits around 21-32 area? how about a complement to GA
At this point it's not readily evident GA is a lead defensive end. If the Bucs were to get someone like Greg Hardy, GA may end up as the complementary player.

could be...

You must be accountable for your actions!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Strictly draft talk « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools