Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just for 'HATE" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #15 : November 24, 2008, 12:09:43 AM »

Gruden is using this year to determine what his needs are fo next year.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

4bucs

Hall of Famer
« #16 : November 24, 2008, 02:40:31 AM »

Garcia said he had Bryant wide open for a big play and was just about to throw the ball when he collided with Cadillac ...anybody with half a brain could see Caddy was way out of position to pass protect.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

« #17 : November 24, 2008, 08:59:32 AM »

he came in the game and jacked up the qb and gave up 7 points.

other than that, looked good running sometimes, and other times, not so much.

After lookin at that play again, it may have been Jeffrey that screwed it up.... he looks like he was about to audition for Dancing with the Stars.

after i watched the play a few times i noticed that Garcia seemed to move to fast to his right before Carnell and Askew had time to pick up a blocker or roll into the flats, they (the media) put a lot on Carnell on that play, but i think it was more Garcia's fault then Williams

Got_Spleen

Starter

« #18 : November 24, 2008, 09:14:44 AM »

I wasn't the least bit impressed with Carnell yesterday. He looked out of place. Rust? Looked like severe corrosion. For the Buc's sake, I hope he shakes it off quick and becomes productive. I don't want Dunn getting worn out.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

« #19 : November 24, 2008, 09:34:03 AM »

It was his first game in over a year, what did you expect?

Ricky Williams first game back in 2007 he had 15 yards on 6 carries.

Antonio Bryant's first game back he had 3 receptions for 43 yards.

How are those guys doing right now? Yeah.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

Stretchcaddy

Starter

« #20 : November 24, 2008, 09:42:34 AM »

Got Spleen are you serious? You was not impressed at all with him. To be fair he did look rusty in his first 3-4 plays but in the 4th qtr after he got someplays under his belt; he ooked good. He ran hard ,he was decisive, he ran with conviction, he showed confidence in his knee on that cut back , he seems to still have that burst and good speed and most of all he didnt fumble the ball away and he ran back to the huddle after every snap. And he still fights for extra yardage.He got about 12 or 13 carries in the 4th qtr in back to back  plays and was running against 8 and 9 men in the box.  Everybody's  entitled to their opinion, but i thought he played well for his first game back in live action in 14 months. I cant wait to see him next week @ home, i have a feeling he will have a big run for a TD @ RAY JAY

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #21 : November 24, 2008, 09:57:49 AM »

Little did Caddy know that "first big hit" he was relishing would come from his own QB ::). It looked like a Lions pass-rusher shot right by Davin Joseph and Garcia was trying to slide away from him. In the Trib Garcia said Caddy was carrying out a run fake.   

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #22 : November 24, 2008, 10:04:28 AM »

Thoughts:

I'm not inclined to read much into his ypc yesterday.  The majority of his runs came late when it was really, really obvious that Gruden was just going to run the clock out.  Even against the Lions, I'm not sure how meaningful ypc is in and of itself in that situation.

That said, he was still running into his own guys too much, and I think there were runs where there were more yards he could have picked up than he did.  This is the sort of thing that I'm talking about when I say he looked rusty.  Hopefully, that'll improve sooner rather than later.

Even if Garcia deserves some of the blame for that fumble, I think Caddy has to take a ding for it as well.  But so long as he doesn't make a habit of it, I'll give him a pass for his first game in a year.  Particularly since the team won anyways.

Got_Spleen

Starter

« #23 : November 24, 2008, 10:12:09 AM »

I want and hope for his improvement as it only benefits everyone involved. I watched the game, sans alcohol, and I thought he looked lost. To be fair, it's not like Detroit didn't know we were going to run on every down. That's is why I won't mention YPC. That wouldn't be fair. Dunn looked very young and vibrant out there. The spin move was sweet. I used to believe we were fine without him when he left. This season make me wish he never left.

benir0

Hall of Famer
« #24 : November 24, 2008, 10:16:25 AM »

I thought he did pretty well considering.  He showed some burst, despite being ou of sync at times.  Once the rust is shaken off, he should be a good runner, but there's no evidence to suggest he'll be a better blocker or pass-catcher.

I think he can be an asset to the team down the stretch, though.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

« #25 : November 24, 2008, 10:40:19 AM »

The guy did not run for 100 yards but what do you expect when the D knows you are only going to power the ball ahead.  Caddy was running right into a defensive wall and was able to pick up first downs and eat up clock.  If you ask me the guy did a hell of a job in the fourth quarter saliting the game away. 

In the next coming weeks he will do nothing but get better because he is going to gain more and more trust in his knee. 

The first play could be his fault or it could be Jeff's fault.  In the end it does not really matter.  Could any of you imagine what that moment must have been like for him?  All the hard work and pain that his body went threw in the past year to get to that point.  Hearing all the time that you may never play agian.  I can not even imagine how emotional that play must have been.  His eyes may have been so watery that he did not even see Jeff.

I am not usually the one to talk bad about the coach but I think that given the situation Caddy's first play probably should have been a run up the gut.  That way the only thing he would have had to worry about was holding onto the ball.

loweredexpectations

Starter
« #26 : November 24, 2008, 11:13:32 AM »

i'm sure this will cause some waves...

i remember the slip out of the backfield to the flat. i forgot just how much i didn't miss that.

i've never been sold on this kid for the long haul. he has shown and only sporadically, that he can get it done on a consistent basis. and don't even give me the 1,000 yards a season garbage. i've seen clayton too.

now to his credit, the lions had 8-9 in the box and didn't make it all that easy. caddy did run hard (like he always does) but right into another defender. his elusiveness is less than desirable. but he is a great back to have in now considering the loss of graham, and the resurrection of dunn.

just giving my opinion like everyone else. and as a buc fan i stress the fact that i would love nothing more than for caddy to do brilliant things with the football. i'm glad to see an injured player whose career was in the can... make it back to prove everyone wrong. always a good story. good luck caddy, we NEED you.

rebeccajill13

Second String
« #27 : November 24, 2008, 11:25:43 AM »

It was great to see Caddy back on the field again.  I'm especially interested this year, since he's running this year with a new running backs coach in Rich Bisaccia.  There's definitely a different dynamic there, over the old coach, so I'm looking forward to seeing him run some more in future games.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

« #28 : November 24, 2008, 11:37:15 AM »

On a stat sheet, 16 carries for 27 yards might not look like a big deal. But those are huge numbers for Cadillac Williams and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The running back had been sidelined for more than a year with a torn patellar tendon, but his performance against the Lions might have been the biggest story to come out of this game. Sure, Warrick Dunn rushed for 90 yards and the Bucs rallied from a 17-0 early deficit, but Williams' performance was about the future and it established he's healthy enough to play a role.

The Bucs could be in first place by the end of the day (if Carolina loses to Atlanta) and they're going to need a healthy Williams for the stretch drive because top running back Earnest Graham, who was a lot more vital to the Bucs than a lot of people realize, is lost for the season.

At 33, Dunn still has something left in his legs and that's important. But, if the Bucs give Williams something close to 16 carries a game the rest of the way, they're going to get a lot more than 27 yards. Williams is the only back the Bucs have left who is capable of wearing down a defense.

That could come in handy with a lot of big games (and probably the playoffs) coming up.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcsouth/0-5-139/Rapid-Reaction--Buccaneers-38--Lions-20.html

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #29 : November 24, 2008, 11:39:19 AM »

I know for a fact that "Hate" is very fond of this players game and just wanted to show him some pictures of one of his favorite players on the Bucs and lend some support as "Hate" tells everyone what a spectualr runner, pass catcher and player he is.

GET A ROOM, YOU TWO!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just for 'HATE" « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools