Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Invisible Man. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 24, 2008, 09:22:46 AM

Boid, as someone posted above, if we signed him to a #3/#4 size contract, would you be in favor of that?
Sure.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 24, 2008, 09:30:22 AM

Clayton has played vey well this season and just did not have the ball thrown his way yesterday that I can remember.  Exactly how many balls were thrown his way anyway??  Regardless, they got Bryant going, used Hillard sparingly, and Stevens more than before.  I have no problem with the play calling yesterday other than putting Carnell in when we didn't have a lead; he was bound to make a mistake after not playing in a real game for so long.

I believe Clayton will make HUGE plays down the stretch for this team.  If he has somehow ended up in the Gruden dog house, it wasn't because he wasn't doing his job this year.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 24, 2008, 09:31:53 AM

I think anybody who isn't biased against Clayton can see that he's coming on and is a valuable asset
to this team.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 24, 2008, 09:36:01 AM

Randy Moss could not do any better than Clayton in this offense as it is.
That is laughable.

Two points are laughable. The one referred to here and the original post.

Clayton's been fine. He wasn't thrown to yesterday. That, in all liklihood, wasn't his fault on a day in which the Bucs threw 18 passes.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#34 : November 24, 2008, 09:38:36 AM

I'm sure this team would have been better off cutting Clayton and keeping one of our other studs.. Spurlock, Warren, Mark Jones.. Or better yet, bringing back the legend himself, Larry Brackins.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 24, 2008, 09:39:01 AM

...and to those who think we are not a passing team, that is debateaable.

There have been many games when the starting QBhas thrown over 40 times. And in one game, guess what?

67!

The ball gets thrown plenty. Stop making excuses for Clayton. EVERY year, he goes in and plays average. He makes a few grabs, but he is not getting his own set of plays because he has a very limited skill set (physically). His hands are not elite, his speed is slow, his quicks are negligible, but his physical presence as a wideout is off the chain. He deserves a small raise, maybe a dollar more than vet minimum. I mean, to think Antonio Bryant is making less than Clayton is obscene. And yes I know it happens all the time, but that money should not be thrown at him...or at least a large amount of money should not be thrown to him.

Once again, I can applaud his presence, a few of his big catches. BUt his body of work, despite the naysayers, is not worth that much, IMO. He is definitely a bust, in terms of statistical production. Imean, once again, the guy has scored ZERO touchdowns.

I hope he gets one next game. IT will be what? His first in many many games...?

B-Fink, take it from someone that sits IN the stadium.... dude gets open but gets minimal opportunity.

One thing that has puzzled me for a while about our O is why does it seem to focus exclusively on one WR? Other than 2002, thats has been the trend. There are many teams that keep more than 1 guy happy but ours seems to focus on one at the expense of the others. Right now, its obvious that Bryant is the flavor of the month.

A guess is that the progressions go too quickly from the primary....in this case more often than not probably Bryant....down to the checkdowns so that the other WR's on the field at the time are not options. Whether that's the fault of the makeup of the offense, QB, playcalling I have no idea but Hate is right....there does seem to be focus on one guy...since 2003. When Key, Keenan and JJ were with the Bucs I don't think there was as much focus on one guy.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 24, 2008, 09:45:32 AM

I DO agree that he shouldn't get a huge contract. But definitely more than vet minimum.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 24, 2008, 10:02:30 AM

Do you even think about some of the things you post?

simmstheanswer

Starter

#38 : November 24, 2008, 10:39:55 AM

you didn't see him b/c nothing was thrown to him. what do you want him to do? run in front of other receivers and catch their balls? get over it dude...

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 24, 2008, 11:17:17 AM

ummmmmmmm, nah, forget it...

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 24, 2008, 11:20:01 AM

That's just stupid. As for Clayton, this is his audition for the other 31 teams in the NFL? But hey, he's a damn good blocker on the perimeter. Maybe they should have him bulk up and move him to tight end.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 24, 2008, 11:49:50 AM

You guys don't seem to understand the Qb has to throw the ball.  Randy Moss would be a disaster with Garcia at QB.  My God, do you people watch the games?  It doesn't matter who your WR's are when your QB cannot throw the ball more than 5 yds.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 24, 2008, 11:56:45 AM

Based on his resume and current play, how much would any other team pay to sign Clayton in the offseason?  How many teams would even be interested at all?

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 24, 2008, 11:59:46 AM

I agree Clayton won't do great in  FA, my argument is, that I don't think ANY WR could come here and be outstanding with our current QB.

simmstheanswer

Starter

#44 : November 24, 2008, 12:12:13 PM

just for comparison sake, since people keep bringing up randy moss. here's moss' line in 2006:
 2006   Oakland   42 catches, 553 yards , 3 tds.

now obviously clayton is not randy moss, but there is a point to be made:  it's hard to judge a wr.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Invisible Man. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools