Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For those who want to see a real pass rusher « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#30 : November 24, 2008, 09:33:25 PM

How is it more fair? Freeny is now in better condition so he should be putting up huge numbers. This is getting ridiculous the hate you have

Oh...its not fair to compare the relative seasons of two players? instead we should take the worst seasons of freeny's career and put it up against the best adams has to show?

there's a reason he didn't do great last season, and thats because of his foot injury..learn a thing or two about the game of football and than come back

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 24, 2008, 09:34:03 PM

8-3

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#32 : November 24, 2008, 09:37:39 PM

8-3

and this is relevant....how?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 24, 2008, 09:41:04 PM

DID I ever say he gets the pass rush? Or was a better pass rusher than Freeny? I mean I know reading comprehension is tough at times, but we will get through it. Gaines does so much more than Freeny that it isn't even funny, but you can't see that. So I guess I am not the one missing the games

Again, its you....you're the one who needs to learn reading comprehension..This thread was clearly about pass rushing..people have been saying he's been great at pass rushing this year...I made this thread to argue against it, which you even admitted was true

I don't really care that he's mediocre against the run or that he's "pretty good" dropping into coverage...we didn't draft him to be a mediocre all around player...we drafted him because 2006 was a **CENSORED**ty year for our defense because of the lack of pass rush...we drafted a guy who was supposed to be a premiere right end, and that mean a guy who puts fear in opposing qb's because of the way he wreacks havoc in the backfield
Your use of the word mediocre lends me to believe that you are, as Bookert alluded to, indeed a HATER.

Look, Gaines is a good defensive DE.  NOt below average as you assume.

Your case is officially dismissed.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#34 : November 24, 2008, 09:46:15 PM

DID I ever say he gets the pass rush? Or was a better pass rusher than Freeny? I mean I know reading comprehension is tough at times, but we will get through it. Gaines does so much more than Freeny that it isn't even funny, but you can't see that. So I guess I am not the one missing the games

Again, its you....you're the one who needs to learn reading comprehension..This thread was clearly about pass rushing..people have been saying he's been great at pass rushing this year...I made this thread to argue against it, which you even admitted was true

I don't really care that he's mediocre against the run or that he's "pretty good" dropping into coverage...we didn't draft him to be a mediocre all around player...we drafted him because 2006 was a **CENSORED**ty year for our defense because of the lack of pass rush...we drafted a guy who was supposed to be a premiere right end, and that mean a guy who puts fear in opposing qb's because of the way he wreacks havoc in the backfield
Your use of the word mediocre lends me to believe that you are, as Bookert alluded to, indeed a HATER.

Look, Gaines is a good defensive DE. NOt below average as you assume.

I'm not a hater at all...i actually was praying that we'd get him before the 07 draft...i was thinking of him as the prototypical right end and a simeon rice clone...when other people were slobbering over calvin johnson i was saying we need to get this guy

the fact is, if you watch him play, he just doesn't get pressure...he's average against the run, which is true..and he's good in coverage...but thats not what he was drafted for...he's the kind of defensive end that you can get in the 3rd and 4th round..honostly i think both greg white and jimmy wilkerson are outplaying him

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 24, 2008, 09:53:04 PM

Look, Gaines is a good defensive DE. NOt below average as you assume.

I'm not a hater at all...i actually was praying that we'd get him before the 07 draft...i was thinking of him as the prototypical right end and a simeon rice clone...when other people were slobbering over calvin johnson i was saying we need to get this guy

the fact is, if you watch him play, he just doesn't get pressure...he's average against the run, which is true..and he's good in coverage...but thats not what he was drafted for...he's the kind of defensive end that you can get in the 3rd and 4th round..honostly i think both greg white and jimmy wilkerson are outplaying him
In the grand scheme of things, Gaines and the D-line is a gelled unit.  None of them are pro bowlers, but all of them make the engine hum.

Without Gaines, this tea,m is not as good against the run, cannot be as flexible, and will get gashed against the run.

He was drafted to be a good player, a good FOOTBALL player.  You idea of gaudy stats is somewhat silly, because I see Gaines as a good pass rusher who often gets there a hair late, or is chasing the QB and making him uncomfortable.

Inother words, he is a good pass rusher.

I COMPLETELY disagree with your assertation that he is not a good pass rusher.  He started slow, but he has caught on, and he is getting the jb done.  How many people, aside from YOU, are complaining about his body of work this year?

You are crying about nothing bro...TRUST ME.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#36 : November 24, 2008, 10:09:09 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos

watch the plays when adams is in the game..especially the second play of the video...as always he runs 6 yards behind the qb and out of the play

its no coincidence that he doesn't do a thing in any of the plays in this game highlight..if you could watch the whole game and focused on adams, you'd see the same exact thing play after play

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 24, 2008, 10:12:07 PM

watch the plays when adams is in the game..especially the second play of the video...as always he runs 6 yards behind the qb and out of the play

its no coincidence that he doesn't do a thing in any of the plays in this game highlight..if you could watch the whole game and focused on adams, you'd see the same exact thing play after play

This is Gaines' biggest flaw as a pass-rusher; he really needs to improve his repertoire of pass rush moves to get inside the tackle.  Might help if we ran more line stunts as well.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 24, 2008, 10:12:41 PM

I have Direct TV, I watch ALL the games, and I fail to see what you mean by ALL the time.  You are talking out of your azz bro.

As for Freeney, the last two years before this season, he was robbing Polian of his cash.

#39 : November 24, 2008, 10:15:03 PM

has Freeney done anything since he got the phat paycheck?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 24, 2008, 10:20:55 PM

He has been alright in Madden...

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#41 : November 24, 2008, 10:21:12 PM

Did you happen to catch the colts game last night? he was playing so well madden sounded like he was about cum in his pants...there was a point where freeney beat his guy like 3 times in a row, than they had a double team on him on the 4th play but he still beat it..and after every play madden would show a replay of him beating the guy and he was slobbering all over him

he has 7 sacks this year, which isn't his best year statistically, but he is getting doubled alot...last year he had the foot injury which really slowed him down

he made marcus mcneil, one of the best LT's in the league, look absolutly foolish last night...i bet he was embarresed in the film room today

#42 : November 24, 2008, 10:22:22 PM

Did you happen to catch the colts game last night? he was playing so well madden sounded like he was about cum in his pants

Farve must be jealous.

By the way, Freeney is tied for 14th in sacks.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 24, 2008, 10:24:54 PM

Did you happen to catch the colts game last night? he was playing so well madden sounded like he was about cum in his pants...there was a point where freeney beat his guy like 3 times in a row, than they had a double team on him on the 4th play but he still beat it..and after every play madden would show a replay of him beating the guy and he was slobbering all over him

he has 7 sacks this year, which isn't his best year statistically, but he is getting doubled alot...last year he had the foot injury which really slowed him down

he made marcus mcneil, one of the best LT's in the league, look absolutly foolish last night...i bet he was embarresed in the film room today
Yeah, well the Chargers suck.  Penn is > McNeil.

How about Gaines and his five sacks and two picks this year?  One went for a crucial score in the Bears game.  And he dropped a third...

And the Colts defense is awful.  Unlike the Bucs.

Stop playing so much Madden brah.  Gaines is having a GREAT year, and Freeney gets washed alllll the time.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 24, 2008, 10:25:04 PM

Did you happen to catch the colts game last night? he was playing so well madden sounded like he was about cum in his pants

Farve must be jealous.

By the way, Freeney is tied for 14th in sacks.

And Adams is 23rd

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For those who want to see a real pass rusher « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools