Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cam Newton arrested... « previous next »
Page: 1

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: November 22, 2008, 11:39:34 AM

wasnt he suppose to replace Tebow?

http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/2008/11/21/florida-qb-cameron-newton-arrested/

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 22, 2008, 01:28:31 PM

He has been a bust in more ways than one.

Brantley has been Tebow's backup this season and he is the heir apparent.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 22, 2008, 01:29:31 PM

He has been a bust in more ways than one.

Brantley has been Tebow's backup this season and he is the heir apparent.

Oh I thought Brantley was the bust. Must have got them confused

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 22, 2008, 01:35:56 PM

Newton has been often injured and he has had academic problems. He was already in Meyer's doghouse, this will be the final straw. I hope he got something out of a year and a half of free education, but I doubt it.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 22, 2008, 03:57:00 PM

Newton has been often injured and he has had academic problems. He was already in Meyer's doghouse, this will be the final straw. I hope he got something out of a year and a half of free education, but I doubt it.

The only truth to this statement is that Newton has been injured often.  By all accounts Cam has been a model teammate and person, up until this incident obviously.  Not sure where you are getting your info here John, but it appears to be wrong.    I know people who are close with Cam, and I can say with a great certainty that what you say is not true. 

Having met Cam and knowing people who know him well, I'll withhold judgment until all the facts come out.  Obviously he made a stupid decision, but I'll wait before hanging him out to dry.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 22, 2008, 08:33:56 PM

I've heard from people that know him that he's an idiot.

But LFO is the "know all be all" and only his thoughts count when it comes to CFB so I guess he would know here.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 22, 2008, 10:24:40 PM

Maybe they will apply for him to get a red-shirt year - or maybe he would look better in prison orange?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 22, 2008, 11:55:30 PM

I've heard from people that know him that he's an idiot.

But LFO is the "know all be all" and only his thoughts count when it comes to CFB so I guess he would know here.

I heard you are an idiot, but who's counting?

Never said I was a know all be all as you claim (thanks though), just that I know people who are close with Cam and he has been a great guy and teammate throughout his tenure at UF.  Obviously, he has made some poor choices here recently, but JG made some false statements and yes I will correct them.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 22, 2008, 11:56:47 PM

Maybe they will apply for him to get a red-shirt year - or maybe he would look better in prison orange?

He was already going to redshirt this year. 

Maybe he should get several teammates to go beat up all the witnesses? 

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 23, 2008, 04:48:41 PM

The only truth to this statement is that Newton has been injured often. By all accounts Cam has been a model teammate and person, up until this incident obviously. Not sure where you are getting your info here John, but it appears to be wrong. I know people who are close with Cam, and I can say with a great certainty that what you say is not true.

Having met Cam and knowing people who know him well, I'll withhold judgment until all the facts come out. Obviously he made a stupid decision, but I'll wait before hanging him out to dry.

Granted, my only source has been rumor mills and MBs, so yes it is questionable. But I have heard a lot more negatives than positives. Mostly that Brantley picked up the playbook far faster and better. Of course that might have come from old Scott and John Sr. fans.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 24, 2008, 05:33:04 PM

The only truth to this statement is that Newton has been injured often. By all accounts Cam has been a model teammate and person, up until this incident obviously. Not sure where you are getting your info here John, but it appears to be wrong. I know people who are close with Cam, and I can say with a great certainty that what you say is not true.

Having met Cam and knowing people who know him well, I'll withhold judgment until all the facts come out. Obviously he made a stupid decision, but I'll wait before hanging him out to dry.

Granted, my only source has been rumor mills and MBs, so yes it is questionable. But I have heard a lot more negatives than positives. Mostly that Brantley picked up the playbook far faster and better. Of course that might have come from old Scott and John Sr. fans.

Well, Brantley perhaps picking up the playbook better is not necessarily a knock on Cam, but a testament to Brantley.  I am just saying, Cam has been a great person and teammate during his tenure at UF.  Yes, he had some injuries that derailed his progress, but don't forget he was the #2 QB to start the year for a reason.  Yes, due to his injuries Brantley got more reps, Cam less,  and Brantley passed him.  By all accounts though before this Cam had been a model teammate and this is out of character for him.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 24, 2008, 10:34:16 PM

if cam does make it back, he will be needed to spell brantley a la leak/tebow imo.  on second thought needed might be a bit much, but i think the combo would work well.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

LFO

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 25, 2008, 12:33:25 AM

if cam does make it back, he will be needed to spell brantley a la leak/tebow imo.  on second thought needed might be a bit much, but i think the combo would work well.

I think that was the intention all along, although I do think Cam would have gotten more time than Tebow did, given Cam would have had over 2 years in the system and Tebow had just a few months. 
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cam Newton arrested... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools