Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: pretty funnyquote from ESPN « previous next »
Page: 1 2

weinberger83

Starter
: November 24, 2008, 12:23:25 PM

This is from page 2 on ESPN on there satire blog.

2. I did think it was rude of the Buccaneers to let the Lions take a 17-0 lead and then almost instantly wipe it all away and blow them out. That was unnecessarily cruel. The Buccaneers were probably the type of guys in high school who would invite the unpopular kids to parties, get the nerds' hopes up that they were finally accepted and then just make fun of them in front of everyone at the party, crushing their spirits and sending them on the path of being an obscure online sports-satire columnist. Or something like that.

just wanted to share. enjoy and go Buc's

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 24, 2008, 12:26:25 PM

HAHAHAHAHA...

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 24, 2008, 12:27:55 PM

haha  - it was cruel to the Buc fans too!

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#3 : November 24, 2008, 12:32:03 PM

When it was 17-14 Lions my wife looked at me and said ''wow its a good close game'' I said yeah thats the sad part.

#4 : November 24, 2008, 12:32:46 PM

That was actually funny. 

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 24, 2008, 12:35:39 PM

I love it...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

buc5win

Starter

#6 : November 24, 2008, 01:02:46 PM

Quote of the year by far!  I was at the game and must say it was pretty embarrassing wearing a Bucs jersey in the first quarter. At the end of the first I had some Lions fan turn to me and say, " Don't sweat it you guys will be winning by half ". Needless to say the less than 40,000 fans maybe 3/4 of which are Lions fans, were  skeptical at least they could hold onto the lead for an entire game.

one other note: every Lions fan thinks CJ is wide open every play.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#7 : November 24, 2008, 01:16:17 PM

He is vertically ....:)

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 24, 2008, 01:34:25 PM

I went shopping with my mom figuring I'd just watch the second half and my dad called and said Bucs were losing 14-0. I about passed out! A few minutes later, we walked into this store that had the Bears game on, so I was watching the scrolling scores and by that time Bucs had stormed back to lead 21-17. Whew! Why do they have to give me gray hair like that?

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 24, 2008, 01:52:27 PM

Lots of people are saying that CJ will be the next Peter Warrick. His career will be wasted with a team that wont ever take advantage of his talents.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 24, 2008, 02:32:03 PM

That was actually funny.

A lot funnier now - I wasn't laughing too much in the first quarter....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 24, 2008, 02:39:53 PM

I went shopping with my mom figuring I'd just watch the second half and my dad called and said Bucs were losing 14-0. I about passed out! A few minutes later, we walked into this store that had the Bears game on, so I was watching the scrolling scores and by that time Bucs had stormed back to lead 21-17. Whew! Why do they have to give me gray hair like that?

Dude, you are shopping with your mom.  You dont have to worry about gray hair just yet.....

EDIT: AND what kind of fan goes shopping with his mommy instead of watching the bucs.

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#12 : November 24, 2008, 02:48:42 PM

Lots of people are saying that CJ will be the next Peter Warrick. His career will be wasted with a team that wont ever take advantage of his talents.

theeres no way. CJ will be the best reciver in the NFL in 2 years. The guy is ridiculous. He is flat out BIGGER, FASTER and STRONGER than everyone else on the freaking field. Not even the lions r gonna hold him back. I think hes in the top 5 reciving touchdowns, thats a great acomplishment, but if u do that on the lions...ur prettty much a superstar lol

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 24, 2008, 02:50:47 PM

haha  - it was cruel to the Buc fans too!

until about 6 and half minutes to go in the first half...I was definitely bent

You must be accountable for your actions!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 24, 2008, 04:11:28 PM

Same could be said about Bucs and Michael Clayton...

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: pretty funnyquote from ESPN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools