Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: pretty funnyquote from ESPN « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : November 24, 2008, 04:18:30 PM

one other note: every Lions fan thinks CJ is wide open every play.
Same could be said about Bucs and Michael Clayton...

No, not really.

You hate the guy, we get it.  No need to post it in an unrelated thread

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 24, 2008, 04:22:19 PM

one other note: every Lions fan thinks CJ is wide open every play.
Same could be said about Bucs and Michael Clayton...

No, not really.

You hate the guy, we get it. No need to post it in an unrelated thread
Hate is such a strong word.

More like malaise.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 24, 2008, 05:08:06 PM

I went shopping with my mom figuring I'd just watch the second half and my dad called and said Bucs were losing 14-0. I about passed out! A few minutes later, we walked into this store that had the Bears game on, so I was watching the scrolling scores and by that time Bucs had stormed back to lead 21-17. Whew! Why do they have to give me gray hair like that?

Dude, you are shopping with your mom.  You dont have to worry about gray hair just yet.....

EDIT: AND what kind of fan goes shopping with his mommy instead of watching the bucs.

LOL! It was the Christmas Walk downtown with all of the businesses giving out cookies and drinks. We go every year. And I'm 42 and have more gray hair than I want at this point. I figured we could walk around and I could miss the first half then go and watch the second half. 

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 24, 2008, 05:16:28 PM

lol that was great

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 24, 2008, 06:28:56 PM

Lots of people are saying that CJ will be the next Peter Warrick. His career will be wasted with a team that wont ever take advantage of his talents.

CJ has already accomplished more than Peter Warrick ever did...

bad comparison...

even with no talent offensively on the entire lions team, CJ has already proven to be a stud.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 24, 2008, 06:31:28 PM

here is a quote from another website I enjoy, the sentance in bold cracked me up:

http://www.pigskinaddiction.com/2008/12/Mon/default.asp

Snake's Take:   What a comedy this was. The Lions jump out to a 17-0 lead! I'm sitting there thinking, "Stupid Bucs are going to blow the Lions Winless streak...those IDIOTS!" I'm sitting there watching the game at Sled's house and he calmly says, "Don't worry, it's the Lions. If anyone can find a way to lose it, they will."  He was right. They let Tampa Bay rattle off 35 straight points. Offense scored, defense scored and special teams scored. I was waiting to see Jon Gruden run out and run one in. The Lions are just plain awful. They can't win a game when the other team tries to give it to them. The Bucs spotted them 17 points and still won. Daunted Stuffedpepper got benched, then Drew Stanton got racked...he thought he was Batman. On comes Stuffedpepper for another few minutes of suck. I feel sorry for whoever ends up being the #1 overall draft pick in April 09. Knowing the Lions it will be Michael Crabtree. 

scaredbunny

Second String

#21 : November 24, 2008, 06:36:52 PM

I thought the same thing. It was cruel. I saw a few fans in the stands and you could see the joy and hope in their faces. I remember the awful years listening to the game on the radio in my room and getting excited when the Bucs would get a first down. 

bucs1

Practice Squad
#22 : November 24, 2008, 07:11:44 PM

That's very funny!  Do you know who said that?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: pretty funnyquote from ESPN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools