Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How awesome is that?! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

zed

Pro Bowler

#15 : January 06, 2007, 10:25:55 PM

“We’re in good shape right now,” said Allen. “We’re at about $24 million under the cap. We’re $36 million under the ’08 cap and $49 million under the following year.”

http://buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=5616
That might be true, but what makes it great is when you compare our situation now than our situation in the past couple of years.
So are 10 or more other teams.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 07, 2007, 08:28:23 AM

I think that it's a good situation for the league, teams and players. The overall health of the NFL bodes well for the future of the fans too. No discord means a focus on the product and competition vs. board room wars.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#17 : January 07, 2007, 09:50:46 AM

Dal - Allen mentioned keeping Rice and Kelly, and said Rice should be healthy/recovered soon. I wonder if the "vote of confidence" applies. Another 10mill or so available with two best wishes handshakes...

I'm not sure what losing Kelly buys us - unless he's taking the Deion Sanders route out of the NFL with that toe. Kelly is, by 2006 standards a bargain of a CB, he's gonna be an insane bargain by the time 2007 starts. If we release him anyone we sign that is of any quality like his is abound to cost a ton more.

Isn't that the truth at 2.6 and 3.2 he is at clearance prices and a damn good player when healthy

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How awesome is that?! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools