Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cards extend Dockett « previous next »
Page: 1

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: October 13, 2006, 12:04:19 PM

From PFT:

CARDS START SPENDING CAP ROOM

The Arizona Cardinals have commenced the process of burning up cap room by signing defensive tackle Darnell Dockett to a five-year extension with $7 million in bonuses paid between now and March 2007.  Per a league source, the contract has recently been completed and will be formally announced in the near future.

In order to chew up some remaining 2006 cap space, Dockett gets a roster bonus of $3.5 million within the next few days.  He gets another $3.5 million roster bonus on the first day of the 2007 league year.

Under the new contract, Dockett also is scheduled to receive salaries of $510,000 in 2007, $3.25 million in 2008, $3.5 million in 2009, $3.75 million in 2010, and $4 million in 2011.  His salary for 2006 of $425,000 is unchanged by the new contract.

The total value of the contract is $22 million over five years.

Dockett was a third-round draft pick of the Cardinals in 2004.  He signed a three-year rookie contract, and would have been a restricted free agent in March.  Assuming that the Cardinals would have given him the first-round tender of $1.8 million, which would have required a new team signing him to a long-term deal to give up a first-round draft pick in exchange, Dockett's deal is worth $20.2 million over five years in additional money.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 13, 2006, 12:06:47 PM

I guess it is not too early to jump on the Marcus Thomas in the 3rd round bandwagon?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 13, 2006, 12:14:47 PM

I wonder if we are investigating trade options with Dewayne Robertson?

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 13, 2006, 12:18:05 PM

That is a smart way to use the extra cap space they have this seasono.  Once the Bonus money is paid they can cut him and not take a very serious hit.  It must be nice to have cap room to work with.  Next year the Bucs will have that chance.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 13, 2006, 12:42:14 PM

I wonder if we are investigating trade options with Dewayne Robertson?

I'm from Louisville, I know Robertsons' game from playing at UK, the guy in the NFL has been an awful bust but who knows, maybe a change of scenery would help!

Baghead #2

shall555

Starter

#5 : October 13, 2006, 01:13:07 PM

"I'm from Louisville, I know Robertsons' game from playing at UK, the guy in the NFL has been an awful bust but who knows, maybe a change of scenery would help!"

No, an awful bust would be a player with Booger's production numbers. Robertson is on pace for 57 tackles this year. Not bad for a kid in the wrong system. That's  2x what Booger produced last year.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 13, 2006, 01:38:43 PM

Kffl is now reporting this:

Cardinals | Dockett signed to five-year extension
Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:07:10 -0700

The Arizona Cardinals announced they have signed DT Darnell Dockett to a five-year contract extension. In accordance with club policy, financial terms were not disclosed.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 13, 2006, 02:32:03 PM

I'm from Louisville, I know Robertsons' game from playing at UK, the guy in the NFL has been an awful bust but who knows, maybe a change of scenery would help!

Only if we still had Rod to coach him up...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 13, 2006, 06:05:52 PM

Eugh.

*sigh*

One very viable replacement for Booger gone.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 13, 2006, 07:19:35 PM

We've still got solid vets who were coached by Rod, so I bet they could help.  It'd be great to see us get back to the days of where every player felt personally accountable to everyone else on the D. 

I'd love to see Robertson here.  I have always felt he was just a guy in the wrong place, ala Thomas Jones and Simeon Rice. 
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cards extend Dockett « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools